Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 29

Thema: WW/Mafia Weltmeisterschaft 2018

Puhuhu Avatar von Slaan

WW/Mafia Weltmeisterschaft 2018

. Auch dieses Jahr wird wieder die WW Weltmeisterschaft auf Mafiauniverse.com ausgetragen und wir wurden freundlich eingeladen teilzunehmen:

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 5)

Hello there!

It is with great pleasure that I hereby invite your community to take part in Season 5 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The whole thing started back in 2013, and since then more than 225 different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

I hope it sounds like a fun and exciting event

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITE?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to me as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot.

If you agree to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is May 1. If this is too soon for you to decide on anyone, let me know and we can work something out.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
    • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
    • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
    • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.

2. SEASON 5 FORMAT

The tournament structure
    • 170 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
    • 10 Qualifying Games will be played, consisting of 17 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st place will advance directly to the Finale Game (i.e. 10 of the 17 finalists are found this way), while the 2nd places will advance directly to one of the two Wildcard Games.
    • A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 4 will discuss and vote to determine 25 players in total deserving of a second chance: 1 will advance directly to the finale, and the 24 other players will play in 2 Wildcard Games along with the 2nd places that advanced directly to these. From each game, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote.
    • The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 5 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.

The setup explained very briefly (more details on host site)
    This (view picture below) is a semi-open grid setup meant for 17 players: 4 mafia versus 13 townies. First you randomly select a number to decide the mafia team's composition of Power Roles (1-2), then you randomly select a letter to decide the town's composition of Power Roles (A-E). Fill in the number of Vanilla Townies needed to make the town team have 13 members total, and you have your setup.

*Town Jack of All Trades: 1x Vigilante, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Tracker.

Relevant mechanics info
    • Day start.
    • Deadline Lynch w/ Option for Majority starting Day 2. I.e. when day timer runs out, person with most votes will be lynched. However, day can also be ended early (starting Day 2) if there is ever a majority of votes on one person.
    • If there is a tied lynch, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.
    • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize them into games with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    • Thread is locked during Night Phases.

3. SEASON 5 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifying Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates during the months of May and June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

Wildcard games will be played in July, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

Kind regards,
    Thingyman

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Thingyman#6075).
    Das wichtigste nochmal kurz:

- Unser Rep sollte bis zum ersten Mai stehen
    - Grad nachgefragt, die Qualifying games werden im Mai/Juni stattfinden, Wildcardgames im July und das Finale im August oder September
    - Macht viel Spaß aber erfordert viel Zeit. So 3h/Tag sollte man schon mindestens einplanen denke ich.
    - Je nachdem wie das zeitliche Setup ist kann ein Spiel zwei Wochen und mehr dauern (bei 48h Tagen und 24h Nächte z.b., gibt auch manchmal 72h Tage/24h Nächte dann isses noch länger... aber die Aktivität pro rl-Tag ist dann auch niedriger), mindestens eine Woche ist garantiert.
    - Sprache in den Spielen ist natürlich Englisch, man spielt mit Leuten aus der ganzen Welt! In meinem Spiel im letzen Jahr gabs jemanden aus Singapore, Australien, Indien, Irland, US und viele von denen ich es gar nicht mehr weiß wo die herkamen

Ich schlag mal vor, dass wir Interessenten sammeln bis... nächsten Dienstag? Dann hätten wir anschließend ne Woche Zeit abzustimmen wen wir schicken wollen.

Gedanken? Wenn ihr Fragen zu irgendwas habt raus damit, ich helf gern
    |學而不思則罔,思而不學則殆。 ~ 孔子|
    | Lernen ohne zu denken ist sinnlos, denken ohne zu lernen gefährlich. ~ Kong Zi |

| During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act ~ George Orwell |

SdM Dez16 - XCOM2 Make Humanity Great again

Puhuhu Avatar von Slaan
    Auch grad erfahren: Der Gewinner der Meisterschaft erhält ein signiertes Zertifikat von Dmitry Davidoff, dem "Erfinder" von Mafia
    |學而不思則罔,思而不學則殆。 ~ 孔子|
    | Lernen ohne zu denken ist sinnlos, denken ohne zu lernen gefährlich. ~ Kong Zi |

| During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act ~ George Orwell |

Für mehr Klink im ***** Avatar von Gulaschkanone
    Slaan mach du wieder
    Zitat Zitat von Nahoïmi Beitrag anzeigen
    Einheit, Einheit, gib mir meine Minghan wieder :p

Mehrfacher Gewinner einer DET-Runde und Sieger der Herzen(2/7)

Vom Kurfürst, über Admiral, Jarl, Botschafter und König zum Papst-ein Leben im Civforum.

Puhuhu Avatar von Slaan
    Hm Lust drauf hab ich natürlich auf jedenfall, werd aber kaum so aktiv sein können wie beim letzen mal (naja, so aktiv man an Tag 1 sein kann bevor man gefressen wird ). Wenn sonst keiner mag mach ich das aber gern, kann ja nicht sein, dass ich nicht zumindest die erste Runde überstanden hab
    |學而不思則罔,思而不學則殆。 ~ 孔子|

ausgetreten
    Gast
    Slaan
    Aus meiner Sicht warst und bist du genau der richtige Mann.

Registrierte Benutzerin Avatar von Eris
    Zitat Zitat von Slaan Beitrag anzeigen
    Hm Lust drauf hab ich natürlich auf jedenfall, werd aber kaum so aktiv sein können wie beim letzen mal (naja, so aktiv man an Tag 1 sein kann bevor man gefressen wird ). Wenn sonst keiner mag mach ich das aber gern, kann ja nicht sein, dass ich nicht zumindest die erste Runde überstanden hab
    Also, wenn da hin willst, dann musst du wohl auch da hingehen. Es sei denn, du lässt es und bleibst zu Hause, wo es eh am Schönsten ist

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hi guys

I'm going on a short vacation tomorrow. Will be back Sunday, April 29.

As for the deadline for choosing a representative (or someone volunteering themselves), I am extending this by a couple of days to May 3.

When/if your representative is decided, that person should please either PM me on Mafia Universe or reach me on Discord: Thingyman#6075. During evenings I will quickly check messages and get them the information they need to prepare for the game.

Puhuhu Avatar von Slaan
    Jut, also wenn sich kein anderer Interessent meldet werde ich am Sonntag Thingy bescheid geben das ich uns wieder vertrete

Eris ich werd auch weiterhin hier ab und an spielen und leiten, grad ists nur etwas stressig
    |學而不思則罔,思而不學則殆。 ~ 孔子|

Wir brauchen aber noch ne StV.

Vom Kurfürst, über Admiral, Jarl, Botschafter und König zum Papst-ein Leben im Civforum.

Puhuhu Avatar von Slaan
    Wenn sich jemand findet wär das super, denke aber nicht, dass es ein Ausschlusskriterium ist. Die MU Leute kennen mich inzwischen und wissen, dass ich zuverlässlig bin
    |學而不思則罔,思而不學則殆。 ~ 孔子|

Puhuhu Avatar von Slaan
    Öh, geht schon los für mich am Montag!

Zitat Zitat von Thingyman Beitrag anzeigen
    GAME 1
    # REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNITY BACK-UP(S)
    1 antialiasis The Cave of Dragonflies Redneckphoenix / mewtin
    2 Ardent Azurilland [MENTION=724]Crystal[/MENTION]
    3 Bubba Malazan Empire
    4 Carbon_Dirt PLoungeMafia @CCC_037
    5 ChillyRey Devil's Nest
    6 Chris Dragonmount
    7 Elusia Manga Helpers
    8 KnightsofCydonia Kongregate [MENTION=2432]catgode[/MENTION]
    9 Mahanaxar The Center [MENTION=4331]Blackjak[/MENTION]
    10 Nakuzami PokeCommunity
    11 Nego Vendetta Strada @itsbrianyay
    12 orez Neoseeker [MENTION=2388]JohnCarter[/MENTION]
    13 Poyser Wrestling Forum
    14 Quixima MyAnimeList
    15 Slaan CivForum
    16 Tea Bay 12 Games
    17 The Mighty Quinn The Giraffe Boards [MENTION=354]Archangel[/MENTION]
    Compromises made:
    • Elusia only crossed off 8 PM EST
    • Nego didn't cross off 7 PM EST, but said he didn't need to be around for EOD
    • Besides this, everyone should be happy with everything.
    Nächte starten erst um 1 Uhr nachts . Arg am Rande meines Wunsches aber was solls . Von den Mitspielern sagen mir wenige was, Nego am ehsten. Vielleicht erinnert sich noch jemand das Wild West Spiel was ich vor nem halben, dreiviertel Jahr hier gehostet hatte - dieses Setting hatte ich von Nego geklaut. Chris soll ein guter Wolf sein soweit ich weiß und Poyser.. auch schon gesehen. Mit JohnCarter bei den Ersatzspielern hatte ich auch schon die Ehre. Nen wirklichen read hab ich allerdings auf niemanden von denen.

Jut, weiß nicht ob Interesse besteht, dass ihr wieder Zuschauer seid.. das Unterforum gibts ja noch falls ihr nen Thread für 2018 eröffnen wollt. Ich werd jedenfalls n Mod fragen wieder aus der entsprechenden Gruppe genommen zu werden damit ich nichtmehr reinschauen kann.

|學而不思則罔,思而不學則殆。 ~ 孔子|

Puhuhu Avatar von Slaan
    Gibt sogar n Promo Video dieses Jahr

Musste Thingy ein paar € schicken damit er civforum so zentral und recht groß einbindet
    |學而不思則罔,思而不學則殆。 ~ 孔子|

Wie heißt denn der von rpgmaker.net?

der Gesegnete Avatar von Thalionrog
    Zitat Zitat von Slaan Beitrag anzeigen
    Jut, weiß nicht ob Interesse besteht, dass ihr wieder Zuschauer seid.. das Unterforum gibts ja noch falls ihr nen Thread für 2018 eröffnen wollt. Ich werd jedenfalls n Mod fragen wieder aus der entsprechenden Gruppe genommen zu werden damit ich nichtmehr reinschauen kann.

Puhuhu Avatar von Slaan
    Zitat Zitat von Gulaschkanone Beitrag anzeigen
    Wie heißt denn der von rpgmaker.net?
    Öh keine Ahnung, die anderen Reps stehen noch nicht alle fest, kurz durch den Anmeldethread geschaut und nix gefunden.

Danke Thali
    |學而不思則罔,思而不學則殆。 ~ 孔子|

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte