Seite 4 von 6 ErsteErste 123456 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 46 bis 60 von 88

Thema: The American Civil War (Cobra vs McMonkey)

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    Despite the panic caused by the surprise Rebel landings the feared mass desertions have not materialised. Around fourteen thousand men are reported missing. Summarary executions of deserters deters the majority of the army who are exhorted by their officers to hold firm.

General McClelland is recalled from the Shenandoah Valley to lead the counter-attack. It would appear that the Rebels have decided not to hold the cities, but where is their army. The position of one of the Rebel Generals is known, but of the rest of their army there is no sign!

Post The Union - April 1862

Finding no Rebel troops in occupation the cities of Baltimore, Wilmington, Philadelphia, Trenton and Newark are all liberated, but the Federal Army marches into cities devastated by looting and fire. The Rebel General north-east of Trenton is captured without a fight and outside New York a Rebel General and Infantry Regiment are destroyed for the loss of one veteran Infantry Regiment. Reinforcements are rushed in from across the eastern seaboard to guard against further attacks from the sea.

Although the damage to some of the Unions major cities will have a short term impact, the will of the people to fight on and crush the rebellion is now reinforced by a keenly felt desire for revenge!
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    Gen. Jackson returned to Baltimore and took the city again. Also Lancaster was conquered.

Near Charlston W.V. a unit was killed
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Post The Union - May 1862

Baltimore and Lancaster liberated.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra

Baltimore conquered again - 4 Infantrie and a Fregate destroyed
    The small village will be wiped out soon from the map

Near Harper´s Ferry a New Jersey Zouave and 2 Engineers were killed

Annapolis taken
    Angehängte Grafiken Angehängte Grafiken
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

I neglected to mention the house rule we used in the games between Tecumseh and myself where a unit could only pillage after spending a turn in a square (IE it had to end the turn on the square it wanted to pillage and then do the dastardly deed on the following turn, using up its move allowance in the process). I'm not suggesting we start that in this game, unless you are happy to do so, though judging from the effectiveness of your raiding tactics I doubt you would agree However, the next time round I think this house rule should be in place, especially as there are so few engineers! (even less now you killed two of them ).

Turn on its way!

Post The Union - June 1862

Two Rebel Cavalry raiders are destroyed in the mid west and two Georgia State Militia in the east.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    Baltimore taken
    3 Infantrie in Harper´s Ferry killed

Have to go to work now. Will finish this turn tonight.

Post The Union - July 1862

NASHVILLE FALLS TO THE FEDERAL ARMY!

General Grant leads the Army of Kentucky in an attack into Tennessee. First the defenders of Bowling Green are brushed aside, then the attack goes in on Nashville. Two Cannon, two Infantry, one State Militia, two Militia and one Heavy Artillery are destroyed or are captured along with General Bragg. Two Union Infantry Regiments are lost in the attack.

SURPRISE ATTACK IN ALABAMA!

Several months ago a Federal force landed undetected and moved north. News was somehow prevented from escaping the area until an attack is made on Montgomery which is captured with ease.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    These two attacks are going to break my neck.

Nevertheless the Confederates go on. Now lead by General Lee, we started a counter attack.
    Baltimore conquered once again. From there Harper´s Ferry and Winchester conquered.
    By this heavy fights, 1 confed. General lost his life.

In the south, Montgomery retaken. 1 Infantry lost
    Angehängte Grafiken Angehängte Grafiken
    • Dateityp: jpg Lee.jpg (66,9 KB, 23x aufgerufen)

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    I neglected to mention the house rule we used in the games between Tecumseh and myself where a unit could only pillage after spending a turn in a square (IE it had to end the turn on the square it wanted to pillage and then do the dastardly deed on the following turn, using up its move allowance in the process). I'm not suggesting we start that in this game, unless you are happy to do so, though judging from the effectiveness of your raiding tactics I doubt you would agree However, the next time round I think this house rule should be in place, especially as there are so few engineers! (even less now you killed two of them ).

Turn on its way!
    In another game we could add this houserule.

You are short in engineers? Do you wanna buy some slaves?

I would like to modify the scenario to either make slaves and engineers buildable (I know that's not a real word but it should be!), or given randomly via events. There are just too few to do all the work necessary and if you lose a few then scorched earth tactics become too effective. If there were more engineers I think the pillaging rule (IE wait one turn before pillaging) could be abandoned. Techumseh did not want many engineers in the game and he did not want them to be able to build new railroads. I disagree with this. During the civil war both sides extended their rail networks, especially the North. Even with a few more engineers there wouldn't be enough to cover every city square in railroads, but a few key projects could be undertaken (IE linking Texas or Missouri to Mississippi). We could always make a few changes if we play again!

This game is turning into a real slogging match. I think the South has a real chance of gaining its independence, but I will do I can to prevent this! I'm kicking myself for the massive error I made in the east, something I will never repeat if I play the North again!!!

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    Btw: the south is able to build slaves...and I thought that the north is able to build engineers, sooner or later

I just tested it out and the Union does not get to build Engineers at any stage. I think that if the South can build slaves then the North should be able to build engineers. We can leave that for the next game though.

Seite 4 von 6 ErsteErste 123456 LetzteLetzte