Seite 6 von 6 ErsteErste ... 23456
Ergebnis 76 bis 88 von 88

Thema: The American Civil War (Cobra vs McMonkey)

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey

Post The Union - January 1863

No news
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    1 Militia southeast of Charleston W.V.
    1 Artillery near Montgomery
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Post The Union - February 1863

Two Rebel Cannon and two Infantry are finished off north-west of Bowling Green.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    2 Artillery destroyed
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Post The Union - March 1863

Cairo is recaptured. One Rebel Infantry Regiment rearguard destroyed. Federal troops begin to scour the countryside looking for Confederate raiders.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    1 warship sunk
    1 Infantry destroyed

Post The Union - April 1863

No news

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    Springfield Mo. conquered
    Attack on Cairo - 3 units destroyed
    Near Chattanooga 1 Infantry destroyed

Post The Union - May 1863

No news

Veteran Avatar von Cobra

CSA June 1863

Baltimore attacked once again - 9 units destroyed
    Cairo attacked once again - 4 units destroyed
    Attack on stack near Chattanooga - 1 unit destroyed

I have been looking long and hard at the situation and my options and I have come to the conclusion that the war is now un-winnable from for the Union. The best I can now hope for is a bloody stalemate. I do not take this decision lightly, but I'm saddened to say that I am going to have to accept the Confederate States secession from the United States of America. I will explain my reasons if you agree to this.

If you were about to pull off some audacious attacking move I'm quite happy to play on for a few more turns for you to enjoy watching your plan unfold, but I can see no benefit from slogging on in the long run when I now have zero chance of reaching even a few of my objectives.

If you do accept my recognition of the Confederate States I would like to congratulate you on a very well played campaign. I did have a strategy which I thought could work, and at one point I thought I had the upper hand, but you managed to divert me from this plan and I committed before I had originally planned to. Your spoiling raids and use of Ironclads completely unhinged my eastern strategy, and your war of attrition in the west made it difficult for me to make any lasting gains. I will try and learn from my mistakes and come back stronger next time.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra

General Lee proclaims the Confederate States of America

I think too that my situation now is quite better than yours.
    I can easy defend the east and the hills between Decatur and Chattanooga and can keep you busy with Baltimore.
    My next plan was to attack you in your economic heart. Some blockade runner with Infantry and a transport with 4 Generals would attack Boston and the cities around.
    The last attack at Baltimore was the last step before and should initialize this plan.

In August 1862 I was at the bottom. You made a surprise attack in the south, which I had never expected, unknowing that Key West is possible to get airlifted units.
    At the same time you conquered Nashville, my most important city in the northwest. My luck was that you cut the way to Decatur so I knew that your plan was to go to Chattanooga and I was able to organize the defence
    Angehängte Grafiken Angehängte Grafiken

My biggest mistake was not taking Norfolk and the other coastal towns within range of my heartland. I just didn't think you would have the strength to capture them. I foolishly believed you would not attempt this and left Baltimore and other coastal cities lightly defended. By the time I had resolved to right this error you had put Ironclads in the way and I had no way to sink them, whilst you could attack me at will. It was this attrition that would have prevented me ever having enough troops to steamroller my way through your defences in the east.

I was so encouraged by the destruction of your Generals in the Shenandoah Valley that I decided to attack in the west whilst I held the advantage. This was way sooner than I had originally planned and my attack was too weak and vulnerable to counter attack. If I had more troops I would not have pillaged any of the railway lines as I could have used them myself.

It was a good game, but I was beaten by your incisiveness and my impatience. I will try and learn the lessons from this war. Well played Cobra

Seite 6 von 6 ErsteErste ... 23456