Seite 41 von 42 ErsteErste ... 31373839404142 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 601 bis 615 von 621

Thema: Colonialism II - Pbem game #3 (Modification)

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Dario
    wtf with you evil icelander

Registrierter Benutzer
    Oh, I could not understand why my post in the Imperialism didn't show up.

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    cupcoffee

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee
    That's a brilliant plan, France. With Victorian era battleships, we'll surely defeat those Spanish galleons.

Speaking of, two dutch ships sunk around Australia.
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

I can't use my civcity and i don't know why. Could someone edit the hot file so that Melbourne be able to build ships? thanks.

Barcelona 5-Real Madrid 0 Avatar von Rebelious
    What happened to this game?

I was wondering if there would be interest to start a new Colonialism game, is one of my favorite scenarios; exploring and founding new cities far from the Old World is cool. We only need 5 players, preferably reliable players; maybe we could put a 48h time limit rule or something if not ctrl+n and go on unless of course you tell beforehand you are unable to do so by any circumstances that is. The first turns plays very fast anyway and will take, in some cases, only a few minutes!

About the victory conditions at the intro text I think we should skip 2 and 3, especially 2 since the game could end pretty soon and the winner would never be Holland or England, the weakest ones.

Different victory conditions:

In 246 turns, which is the game length, here’s what you must achieve to win:
    #1: World Dominance: Control the entire world, either by alliances or alone.
    #2: Technological: First one to reach Industrial Revolution Tech (Future Technology)
    #3: Conquest: Destroy 3 civilizations.

#4: World War: Win or be on the winning side of a world war

We can use the modified game by Rady and the house rules in the first post of this thread that seems very OK.

If we start a new game I would like to be humble this time and play the Dutch.

Registrierter Benutzer
    maybe we could put a 48h time limit rule or something if not ctrl+n and go on unless of course you tell beforehand you are unable to do so by any circumstances that is.
    I will play as long as we have some kind of rule like this to keep the game going.

I don't really care what nation I play.

I think we should allow technology exchange, but restrict it in some way. This way nations that are behind in technology have a way of catching up. Unless this isn't a problem for this scenario?

Zitat Zitat von Prof. Garfield Beitrag anzeigen
    I think we should allow technology exchange, but restrict it in some way. This way nations that are behind in technology have a way of catching up. Unless this isn't a problem for this scenario?
    I don’t know I’m a bit reluctant to tech exchange; it would speed up the research that is already too fast anyway. Besides, I think a smart player with a small nation can nearly follow the big powers in terms of research, in my case I know this scenario well and I think I could manage it with Holland.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I could be persuaded. Would have to be the Dutch or Portuguese though!

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    I'm working on a special modification of this scenario. The game advance would be slower,the micro management more difficult. In the 16th century it wouldn't be possible to build settlers, you just get some by events. etc. pp.

Nice to see there is some interest

Zitat Zitat von Radyserb Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm working on a special modification of this scenario. The game advance would be slower,the micro management more difficult. In the 16th century it wouldn't be possible to build settlers, you just get some by events. etc. pp.
    That is good news Rady! When should it be finished? Maybe better to wait then...

I'm have a Test of Time version on the drawing board designed specifically with multiplayer in mind. It is a long way off being ready, but I would like to incorporate ideas from the mods Rady and others have done over the past few years.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Zitat Zitat von Rebelious Beitrag anzeigen
    I don’t know I’m a bit reluctant to tech exchange; it would speed up the research that is already too fast anyway. Besides, I think a smart player with a small nation can nearly follow the big powers in terms of research, in my case I know this scenario well and I think I could manage it with Holland.
    I'll trust your judgement on the ability of smaller nations to trade enough to have a reasonable technology progression.

Regarding research speed, I think the only way you are going to slow down technology acquisition is to restrict trade in some way.

So how about this: Make the trade unit really expensive, say 500 shields. Then, have events create a unit in Europe that can be disbanded for 500 shields. Call that unit "European Goods." In order to trade, the player would then have to ship the European Goods to his colonies, disband them to create trade units, and then ship those trade units back to Europe for delivery. Such a system would restrict the number of available trade units as well as simulate the support the mother country gives to its colonies.

A nation would still benefit from having lots of colonies because they would have a better chance of supplying a commodity in demand.

Zitat Zitat von Prof. Garfield Beitrag anzeigen
    I'll trust your judgement on the ability of smaller nations to trade enough to have a reasonable technology progression.

Regarding research speed, I think the only way you are going to slow down technology acquisition is to restrict trade in some way.

So how about this: Make the trade unit really expensive, say 500 shields. Then, have events create a unit in Europe that can be disbanded for 500 shields. Call that unit "European Goods." In order to trade, the player would then have to ship the European Goods to his colonies, disband them to create trade units, and then ship those trade units back to Europe for delivery. Such a system would restrict the number of available trade units as well as simulate the support the mother country gives to its colonies.

A nation would still benefit from having lots of colonies because they would have a better chance of supplying a commodity in demand.
    Good idea Prof.Grafield.
    Also, if there is a constant number of these special unit being created at the metropolis, let's say, each power gets 4 units per turn, then there will be a constant number (average) of trading units created at the colonies. To slightly avoid this, when a colonial city reaches size 6 or 8, that this city be allowed to build this special unit. This will do that player put efforts trying to make their cities grow faster.

I agree that this idea would solve a lot of the issues with this game and balance it up a bit. It is a similar concept to the one Kobayashi uses in Rape of Nations with Merchants and Raw Goods.

Seite 41 von 42 ErsteErste ... 31373839404142 LetzteLetzte