Seite 4 von 9 ErsteErste 12345678 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 46 bis 60 von 132

Thema: Vendetta 2

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von John Henry Eden
    Zitat Zitat von cupcoffee Beitrag anzeigen
    I've added a new zip with the changes to both the scenario and the rules.txt.
    I (hopefully) removed all the RRs, removed the RR tech, changed the road multiplier to 4 and gave the PAC the Vendetta tech so that they can research all their units.

Edit:Although checking it out on single player, it's the russians that begin first instead of the GEU, any way to fix this?
    McMonkey said that the playing order is set by the order in which players join a hotseat game, so if I put in the UFA first it shouldn't be a problem, I suppose.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee
    True, unless there are any other issues, you can start whenever you like, John.

Just checked and it works, will play my turn on monday.

Sorry guys, something came up and I got side-tracked.

Played a bit of my turn but will have to go now, will post it tomorrow for sure though.

Also, good job on editing the scenario, works like a charm.

Hi guys.

I'm sort of smashed right now, so I'll play tomorrow.

However, I'd like to ask you all a question.

Right now, nukes are 400 shields. This is easily affordable, especially with coastal cities which can build carriers.

Imho, nukes should be much more expensive, so they would be much rarer, becoming a retaliatory weapon rather than a mainstay of war further on.

We can always change this (I think the rules.txt file updates continuously as one changes it, but I might be mistaken), but frankly, I feel like nukes should be much more expensive to build, such that they become special doomsday weapons rather than cheap staple arms everyone pops off all over their enemy the second there is a conflict.

So, I propose making nukes much more expensive (along with the wonder needed to build nukes).

Frankly, in my mind, I'd say the nuke wonder should be 3-4k shields (takes a lot of effort to perfect a weapon which heralds a new age of warfare) and a single nuke should be around 800-900 shields.

This way we would see much more of exciting, conventional warfare rather than nuclear blasts all over the place.

What do you folks say?

Registrierter Benutzer
    In First Strike ICBMs cost 1270 shields, and MRBMs cost 900.
    Although I think First Strike may have more productive cities, and more abundant trade?
    Anyway I vote yes.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    I vote for expensive nukes, too
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Barcelona 5-Real Madrid 0 Avatar von Rebelious
    I agree with you guys about the nukes; I hate nukes, very unbalancing and can ruin a game in just one turn. We have to limit their use, so yes the Nuke wonder should cost a lot more, like 4000 and the nukes itself about 1000 or even 1500!

Also the one who breaks the Anti-Nuke treaty by building the wonder should be severely punished by for example a total trade embargo or something, this last one may be a bit too much but I just do not like them

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    I tested this Szen a little bit.
    Nukes can be built, but they have a movement of -24 so they can´t be moved!
    I tried to transport it on a sub and got the same result: you can´t start it.
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I agree about Nukes being a bit more pricey!

Btw, I tested a bit the first German turn after America starts the game; all my offensive forces in the middle east were destroyed (10 units!) by the barbarians since they moved before me making not possible for me to prevent that; so I suggest to start with the Red Empire and so on like it should be so that everybody plays before the barbarians does, I am not going to accept such heavy losses right at the start because we do not follow the normal order of play

Oh well, I can live with that if we can't find any other solution. If Australia and the PAC agree as well, the Red Empire can move first.

Btw, how are we going to change nuke prices then? 1k-1.5k seems a bit excessive.

My vote would be 900 shields a nuke and 3k for the wonder.

Also yeah their movement seems to be bugged due to the road modifier change, they used to move 4 x 40 squares.

Hm, maybe we could edit the .scn file and put one of the Zerstorer fighters around on top of the stack, wouldn't that make it impossible for ground units to hit it?

Also, loaded my turn as the Reich just now and it didn't kill those units, so it's more or less random whether or not the barbarians will attack that stack, I guess.

Zitat Zitat von John Henry Eden Beitrag anzeigen
    Also yeah their movement seems to be bugged due to the road modifier change, they used to move 4 x 40 squares.
    Also some planes start now with a movement of for example 1 2/4 (7) because of the change in the road multiplier, maybe we should leave it like it was at 3

Zitat Zitat von John Henry Eden Beitrag anzeigen
    Hm, maybe we could edit the .scn file and put one of the Zerstorer fighters around on top of the stack, wouldn't that make it impossible for ground units to hit it?

Also, loaded my turn as the Reich just now and it didn't kill those units, so it's more or less random whether or not the barbarians will attack that stack, I guess.
    Yeah…it is random, I test it two times, one were destroyed, the other not, however it is not something I want to risk. Another solution if you want to start first would be a fortress at square 155, 81 where most of my troops are.

Another weird thing, the barbarians have an infantry unit with a skull in the shield that moves huge and is called Stratofortress

Seite 4 von 9 ErsteErste 12345678 ... LetzteLetzte