Red Empire: (Cupcoffee)
    Pacific Alliance: (Cobra)
    Eternal Reich: (Rebelious)
    Global Economic Union: (AI)
    UFA: (John Henry Eden)
    Australian Federation: (McMonkey)
    Pan-African Coalition: (Ingvar)

Vendetta 2

After an Axis victory in WW2 the whole world is filled with corrupt corporations, religious fundamentalists, communist terrorists and fascist police states.
    There is no room for being "nice", full out nuclear war always looms around the corner.

Rules:

1. No reloading.
    2. No tech trading.
    3. No rehoming of trade units.
    4. No air protected land/sea stacks.
    5. No "freezing" of airplanes.
    6. No ship chains.
    7. No building of new cities. Only re-creating razed ones.
    8. No artificial creating of ZOC with units.
    9. No heavy bombers on carriers.
    10. No building of airbases next to each other or next to cities.
    11. Sneak attacks are allowed, but nukes can only be used on the second turn of war.

Here's the modified version that removes RRs and makes nukes more expensive.
    Geändert von cupcoffee (11. Juni 2011 um 14:29 Uhr)

Barcelona 5-Real Madrid 0 Avatar von Rebelious
    I did not know about the existence of this scenario but after a fast look at it seems quite ok and since I’m only involved in two PBEMS I will join, can I have then the Eternal Reich please

Btw, is the GEU playable?

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    I´d like to take the Pacific Alliance
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von John Henry Eden
    Zitat Zitat von Rebelious Beitrag anzeigen
    I did not know about the existence of this scenario but after a fast look at it seems quite ok and since I’m only involved in two PBEMS I will join, can I have then the Eternal Reich please

Btw, is the GEU playable?
    I don't think the GEU is playable, and if it were it probably wouldn't be any fun anyway.

We should start once we find a PAC player.

Btw, as for sneak attacks, I think nukes should only be allowed to be used during turn 2. Would make it costlier to just try and overwhelm someone by brute nuke force.

Also, I've been thinking. How about a rule that heavy bombers (Stratofortress, Drakan, Mule) may not land on carriers?

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee
    Ingvar said he was interested in playing a game, so hopefully he'll want to join too.
    Sorry you didn't get to make a pick though, Ingvar

Yes, the GEU is only meant to be played by the AI as a civ which the other powers may expand on.

Also should we allow the selling of units to each other? Or would it be too messed up having the PAC running around with SS guards?

Registrierter Benutzer
    I´ll take the PAC then!

I agree with the rules on LR bombers.

I´m not sure about unit trading, I don't want this banned. Some restrictions might be possible...

Sneak attacks should be allowed, but the two turn rules regarding nuclear weapons is also important.

On single player it's the GEU that starts, so I suppose it should be the UFA that starts the game here.
    Hotseat?
    Unit trading, should we perhaps only allow the trading of units that don't have the national specific shields?

I think we should be able to freely trade units, perhaps with the exception of those which have events attached to them to avoid exploits (ie giving a heavy bomber to an ally so they don't lose money via event when it is shot down).

I probably won't be able to play my turn until tomorrow, so we're gonna have some time to hammer this out.

I agree with: conventional sneak attacks allowed, nuclear attacks wait at least one turn.

About trading units how do you exactly do that? With civdip?

About trade we should add the rule that it is not allowed to trade with nations in which you are at war.

Also it is allowed the trade between the Americans and Germans?

Trade should be on an embargo/tariff system.

Ie every nation can determine who is allowed to trade with them, and if tariffs and such apply.

It shouldn't be allowed to break such embargos/tariffs in this scenario, imho.

The UFA and Reich are powerful enough to strongarm any small nation into relenting, so taking away that last diplomatic tool from them seems excessive.

Registrierter Benutzer
    More regarding units: I just checked and the Africans start out with one American Stratofortress, and furthermore there it seems the Africans cannot research any aerial units at all, so if I cannot buy them I´m not so well off in the long run. Actually I can only ever build the basic Fighter.
    (I think all aerial units have flag/shield icon, so the proposed rule would be too much maybe.)

This scenario could use a overhaul in ToT, where the extra unit slots would be very useful. The tech trees could just be made a bit longer for the smaller civs, so that the big civs advantage is not erased. But I donðt think all players in this game have ToT anyway.

Zitat Zitat von John Henry Eden Beitrag anzeigen
    Trade should be on an embargo/tariff system.

Ie every nation can determine who is allowed to trade with them, and if tariffs and such apply.

It shouldn't be allowed to break such embargos/tariffs in this scenario, imho.

The UFA and Reich are powerful enough to strongarm any small nation into relenting, so taking away that last diplomatic tool from them seems excessive.
    I see fine with me

So America, can I trade with you or what?

Last I heard was that Curt Sibling was planning on making a sequel to this game for ToT, but I don't think he was ever able to finish it.

Concerning PAC, I took a look at it and the problem seems to be that they are missing certain bottleneck techs, their unique fighter is in fact the one with the highest attack in the game.
    The missing techs PAC needs are Air force, Tank armour I and Artillery.
    I'm not sure if this was a mistake or if the intention was that the PAC would eventually trade for those techs, but we could either create a new scenario file where they have the necessary techs, or we could simply use the cheat menu once the game starts and give them the techs that way.
    I checked all the other civs and it seems the have all the necessary techs at least.

The PAC does not have the "Vendetta" tech from which more or less all subsequent military developments originate (including the tech needed for them to build the Voodoo fighter) and one of the prerequisites for the Vendetta tech is set to "no", so it cannot be researched.

Good thing Ingvar caught on to this early. May I propose that we give the PAC the Vendetta tech? Or make the tech researchable?

Also, Rebelious: The UFA has, as of yet, not formulated a coherent economic strategy concerning the Reich. For now, we advocate a free trade platform, however, that might change as we see fit.

Seite 1 von 9 12345 ... LetzteLetzte