Ergebnis 1 bis 12 von 12

Thema: Nemo's D-Day

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee

Nemo's D-Day

This is a little experiment between me and Ingvar to check if it would be possible to play this one player scenario as a 1v1 game.

I'm not sure how it will turn out and we might have to change the rules in the middle of it, depending on how it goes.
    So far, the only changes I've done is to double the range of the German air planes and give the allies the ability to build the US infantry as a garrison type unit.

As for the house rules, what do you think, Ingvar?
    Obviously no ship chaining and all that as well as no building or pillaging improvements, but I'm still unsure about the whole support thing as none of the towns in France produce fuel and my tanks would get disbanded before my supply trucks arrived at the coast.
    Geändert von cupcoffee (11. Juni 2011 um 14:28 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer
    At some locations terrain is changed into duel depots on the beaches.(Arromanches for one IIRC.)

Also, why make US infantry buildable?

You will have more units than you can ever use appear through events, only problem is getting them to Normandy.

I don't really know much about what house rules we would need now.

I´ll play the turn in a bit...

Okay, I didn't play through it past the first stage, but as soon as it's possible without loosing the unit, I'll re-home it.
    I'll also remove the ability to build US infantry.
    Any idea what the German POWs are for?

In any case, like I said, it'll be an experiment so we'll probably add rules as the game goes on, but so far...

1. No ship chaining.
    2. No pillaging or improving terrain.
    3. No reloading.

Killing mines with air planes is kind of unavoidable though as they are invisible.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    Sounds very interesting. I have looked at the game in the past but I was put off playing it due to its complexity. As a two player hotseat game it could be amazing. Good luck!

Registrierter Benutzer
    I do not know if you got this pop up:

Operation Overlord

The largest amphibious operation in history, the invasion of "Fortress Europe" has begun.
    The entire invasion force consists of 3,000,000 men, 2,700 transport ships,
    2,500 landing crafts, 700 warships, 8,000 aircraft and over 100,000 motor vehicles and tanks.
    The targets of D-Day are the capture and securing of 5 beachheads along the Normandy coast.
    Additional targets are the City of Caen South of the Juno Beach and the heavily defended
    naval gun batteries on La Pointe du Hoc between Vierville and Grandcamps. Your objectives are:

Utah Beach between La Madeleine and Brévands
    Omaha Beach between Vierville-sur-Mer and Port-en-Bessin
    Gold Beach between Port-en-Bessin and Courseulles
    Juno Beach between Courseulles and Langrune
    Sword Beach between Langrune and Ouistreham

(This is illegal on a German board maybe?)

Kriegsmarine: What's that on the horizon? (0 kills)

Luftwaffe: Wait while I get into the air and go check it out.... (0 kills)

Heer: ...gringos in the swamp around Carentan? (3 kills I think...)

OKW: The Führer is sleeping. Hold positions no matter what happens.
    Angehängte Grafiken Angehängte Grafiken
    Geändert von Ingvar (10. Juni 2011 um 02:18 Uhr)

The American 101st Airborne captures the small village on the river Merderet after savage
    fighting. Many paratroopers were dropped into the town by mistake and paid for it with
    their lives. By holding the village, the Allies control access to Utah Beach and also cut
    off the main road between Carentan and Cherbourg. This roadblock will hamper German efforts
    to reinforce their troops protecting the Harbor.

In conjunction with this, the first transport ships finally manages to hit Utah Beach.
    Although many ships have been lost to mines, hopefully this scene will repeat itself elsewhere in Normandy.

Allied ground & Air Force: We're screwed.

Registrierter Benutzer
    June 6, 1944 - 0600 Hours:
    British invasion forces follow the Americans into battle on Gold, Juno and Sword beaches.

Kriegsmarine: Coastal batteries at La Houge exchanged shots with the USS Texas but the ship is still floating.
    (49 Units destroyed.)

Luftwaffe: One of our fighters scored a perfect hit and took down an LST transport.(I did this accidentally, was just mashing the move key.)

Event:
    The USS Susan B. Anthony explodes and sinks off the coast of Normandy. Losses of the large
    transport ships must be avoided at all cost. They are the lifeline to reinforcements and
    resupply from the camps and depots in Britain.
    (10 units destroyed, one Typhoon and one full LST.)

Heer: Damn, these swamp dwellers are though.(Took out a very good tank!)
    No word from OKW.
    (18 kills)

Note: the kill numbers are not very accurate.
    Geändert von Ingvar (10. Juni 2011 um 02:18 Uhr)

Quite a few casualties, but American troops have finally reached Omaha Beach while Commonwealth forces hit the beaches of Gold, Juno and Sword.

With all the chaos it's hard to tally the death toll, but so far 28 LCVPs and the LST that was lost was unfortunately the fuel boat.

Although it was surprising to find Luftwaffe fighters so close to the coast of England, most of them were soon cleared from the sky.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Why are your Horsa Gliders still at sea?

June 6, 1944 - 0800 Hours:
    The first wave of infantry is locked in combat with German defenders along the beaches.
    On Utah Beach the Americans are facing the 709th Infantry Division, a poorly trained,
    second rate unit... But on Omaha Beach, the 1st US Infantry -- the "Big Red One" - faces
    the crack German 352nd Infantry Division, recently transferred from the Eastern Front.

Kriegsmarine:

The Battleship USS Texas blows up after an artillery duel with German shore batteries.
    The loss is a tremendous blow to the morale of troops who witness it from the beach.
    Survivors are picked up by US destroyers, but hundreds perish. Shore batteries have
    a definite advantage in this type of confrontation.

Luftwaffe: Some skirmishes with allied figters. Over all the battle is going badly for us.

Heer: Here things gets bad! I almost completely cleared the beach from St. Laurent to Ouistreham. This probably means game over for the Allies, I intend to replay and have a rule that the OKW have not given orders yet so ground infantry will not make any counterattack on the beaches, giving you another turn to make some room. I have not saved at all so I'll need to replay all of this and I don't have the energy for that now so I'll give it a go tomorrow morning.

My gliders only have one in movement, although it might be some mistake in my rules file, as it seems almost impossible to get even on next to shore before they sink.

Perhaps this scenario would work better if one of us played solo through the first phase and then let the other join in at the start of phase two.
    It just seems too easy for a human player to wipe out the allied ground units as soon as they hit the beach.

Registrierter Benutzer
    The Gliders are deployed with paradrop.

Hm, I guess that having all infantry on the Nazi side act only in defensive manner would work the same, since I have only very few tanks.

Whoops, didn't notice that.

All right, we can try with a rule that the Germans can only use infantry units to defend, at least during the first phase of D-day to represent Axis surprise perhaps?