Seite 8 von 8 ErsteErste ... 45678
Ergebnis 106 bis 107 von 107

Thema: The Crusades (Game Thread)

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Alcibaides
    Thanks for all your great input CupCoffee, I have fixed the following:

1) Your event generated unit is now called "Knights of Santiago", which is more or less the same as the Conquistador except it has 3 movement.

2) Fixed the resource graphics and names, the new resources are sheep, olives, game, camels, silver, gazelles, etc. Because we had noted that trade was kind of weak in this game, I have given good trade bonuses to most of the trade resources.

3) Great Sciptorum is now Darwins and Great Library is cut.

4) I irrigated some squares around Leon, which is actually not in such a bad location, the overlap is minimul and it is located on a hill for defence. You won't be complaining about that location if the Arabs decide to throw everything at you. It now has a surplus of 4 food at any rate, the Ivory is now "sheep" which provides plenty.

5) Catholic Philosophy is now attainable.

If anybody has any other good ideas, suggestions, or bugs in this one, now is the time to speak up.

The only thing I am not sure about is whether or not to put a citadel in Jerusalem.

On the one hand, the Crusaders are surrounded by powerful enemies (The Arabs and Turks both have the majority of their largest cities and production centers within easy reach of the Holy Land), so it makes sense to give them that extra protection.

On the other hand, only placing the citadels in the Crusader's coastal cities (i.e. Tripoli, Acre, etc.) might make for a more interesting game and might make the city of Jerusalem change hands a number of times, which is more or less what happened in history.

What do other players think? My inclination is to include the citadel in Jerusalem because I predict that it is going to be hard for the Crusaders to hold on to the city anyway.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    All the changes sound good to me. I hate to say this but I think the Crusaders should have a Castle in Jerusalem to make things a bit tougher.

Seite 8 von 8 ErsteErste ... 45678