Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 22

Thema: The Crusades?

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Alcibaides

The Crusades?

seeing as noone seemed that interested in reviving the Medium Aevum game, would anyone be interested in playing this Scenario:

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...=Crusades_1100

It looks like it's pretty simple and straight forward. All of the civs seem playable, they are all about equal in strength except for the Spanish who appear to have about half as many cities as the rest.

However, seeing as it is the Crusades, and there are 5 Christian nations versus just 2 Muslim ones, I suggest that we perhaps edit the unit stats slightly in favour of the Muslim units. Particularly to their defence strength, that way it will be harder for the Christian nations to succesful conquer Muslim cities. What think the rest?

For my part I would be happy to take any of the Christian nations bar the Holy Roman Empire.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Sign me up as France!
    Unless the Medium Aevum game is commencing, in which case we might as weel wiat with this one I guess.

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    eine Partei, egal welche

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee
    I would like to have a go with the Spanish.

Excellent! In that case, I am more than happy to take the Anglo-Normans .

Which means we still need 3 more players, for the Turks, Arabs, and Holy Roman Empire.

Or alternatively we could leave the Holy Romans as an AI and set a house rule that noone can attack them. The Holy Roman Empire does not have any bases near Muslim territories to wage a Crusade anyway and having just 6 human players does speed up the game somewhat.

In that case we would just need 2 more players to play the 2 Muslims factions. I am going to take a look at the game files and suggest some ways we could make the Muslim nations stronger, they are afterall going to be facing potentially 4 or 5 Christian nations.

I have taken a look at the game files and I would suggest the following changes to make the Muslim factions stronger:

1) Edit the defence strength of all Muslim units so they have 3 defence instead of 2.

2) Add +1 attack to the following Muslim units: Moorish Cavalry, Jihadi, Sipahi, and Seljuk.

3) Edit the events file so that a NON support veteren cavalry unit is generated in 2 or 3 cities each turn for each of the Muslim factions.

I.e. For the Arabs it would be the Moorish Cavalry unit in Cordoba, Cairo, and perhaps Mecca. For the Turks it would be the Sipahi unit in Baghdad, Damascus, and perhaps Ankara.

4) Maybe a 4th thing would be to edit the two Muslim 1 movement attacking units so they have 2 movement and can treat all terrain as roads, for the Arabs this is the Jihadi and for the Turks this is the Seljuks. Or maybe this would be too much?

McMonkey, you are the expert on this kind of thing, what do you think? Would these suggested changes balance things?

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I think the Muslim nations should be made very hard to beat. Your suggested changes all sound logical. The only way to find out would be to make the changes and play them

Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    I think the Muslim nations should be made very hard to beat.
    Yes, I think you are right McMonkey. In fact, after further consideration, I would say that the Muslim nations should get 5 NON support units per turn via events. The rational behind this is the following:

The combined Muslims factions start with 44 cities.

The Christians combined (not including the Holy Roman Empire which may be AI) have 66 cities. This gives them a total of 22 additional cities. Which means that they have the potential to rush-buy 22 additional units every 2 turns, or 11 per turn. Lets round that down to an even ten (it is unlikely that the Christian nations will be able to rush-buy units all the time), and we divide by 2 (for each of the 2 Muslim nations) and we get 5 each.

Does that rational make sense? Maybe 5 is a bit much, if so then 4?

Also, I think that instead of appearing in cities, these units should appear way out in the outskirts of the map, for two reasons:

1) They will always appear even if the Christians capture the important cities.

2) This will give the Christians more time to prepare for their arrival at the frontline.

For the Arabs, they will appear way out in the Arabian and Saharan deserts, and for the Turks they will appear way out in the hills of Far Persia.

So who is up for playing as the Muslims then? Civi did you say you wanted to play? Do you want to play as one of the 2 Muslim factions?

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    That also makes sense. I would go with 4 units.

I will play as the Turks if someone else wants to be Byzantium, either is fine for me.

Zitat Zitat von Alcibaides Beitrag anzeigen

Which means we still need 3 more players, for the Turks, Arabs, and Holy Roman Empire.
    only 2,

nehme dann das HRI,
    wenn keiner mehr einsteigt: die Arabs

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    I'll take the HRE.

X-Post mit Civi ... ok, dann nimm du die ... und ich dann eben Byzanz.
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Zitat Zitat von Historical Atze Beitrag anzeigen
    I'll take the HRE.
    gut, dann die Arabs für mich

Zitat Zitat von Historical Atze Beitrag anzeigen
    I'll take the HRE.

X-Post mit Civi ... ok, dann nimm du die ... und ich dann eben Byzanz.
    Not sure I understand, is this what you guys have decided:

Civi: Arabs
    McMonkey: Turks
    Atze: Byzantium

?

If so then we are GO!

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    I'd prefer the HRE but if no one else wants to join, I'll go like that ...
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte