Seite 1 von 5 12345 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 71

Thema: American Civil War (Gelion vs McMonkey)

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey

American Civil War (Gelion vs McMonkey)

Remember to read through the Playtester's notes before starting as there is some vital info there!

Confederates: McMonkey
    Union: Gelion

Usual house rules (no reloading, black clicking, ship chaining etc...) apply as well as the rules set out in the Playtester's notes

Lets kick some ass!

Post Confederates December 1860

No significant news from the South as I cannot move my units this turn. Do we start the war at the historical date or decide for ourselves when and if to make our move? I will ask Techumseh if he has any design for this.

the elf Avatar von Gelion

The Union, December 1860

No news from the North either.

I think Techumseh wanted us to go at each other once both have discovered conscription techs, not earlier.

How do we go about this? Do we keep it a normal PBEM or do we report some of our moves? I have a few things I want to report/improve already, should we keep it in PMs, a list or in this thread?

Also, I assume the various G.M. units produced outside my normal techs are conscripted troops that can only appear in a few cities?

Again, thank you for all your help for aiding me in readying this game I know it wasn't easy
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien
    Do not forget to take the Civ 2 PBEM survey!

We have a slight problem. Techumseh said the Union were meant to begin the scenario but I obviously started as the Confederates. I asked if this was a big problem and he said not, but I have just started my turn and found one

When I tested the game (just the first turn or two to see how units move etc...) I noticed the CSA develops the Confederacy tech on its first turn which is in effect the Philosophy tech and gives a free advance. After Confederacy I naturally chose the CA Army tech, which I think Techumseh probably intended to be the order to give the CA a slight initial advantage.

However when I play my second turn I find the AI (?) has set the Confederate research goal to Ironclad and the CA Army tech is quite a way off being available. This really screws things up for me.

If it is not too much trouble can you play your first turn again and set up a new hotseat game with the Union going first as intended? At least we had not got very far into the game yet or revealed our strategy!

Also, I forgot to put this line into the rules file:

River Fortress, nil, 2, 0.,2, 0a,18d, 6h,2f, 16,0, 2, U2, 000000011000000

Could you copy and paste into the rules before you begin please, its quite important.

I changed the rules file, however as I see it I'd have to tweak the scenario in order to change the resarch goal for the Confederates. Is it what you want me to do?

If not, how do I change the order of play?

EDIT: I tried this. Start game as Confeds for SP. Change format to .hot. Added 1 more player for the Union. It is the Unions turn now and I will play it shortly if you are ok with the setup.
    The only disadvantage for me so far is that the AI has started researching Diplomacy and that 1/3 of cities have dissent. Perhaps for the release both techs (Unionism and Confederacy) should be 2 turns away from being researched at the start.

EDIT2: I played my turn. Make sure you have "wait at the end of turn" ticked. I hope the game will ru okay from now on.

EDIT3: Difficulty Colonel?
    Geändert von Gelion (03. Januar 2010 um 18:42 Uhr)

My turn looks OK. It started with the science advisor advising me I had discovered Confederacy and I then chose C.S. Army as my free tech (as Confederacy = Philosophy) and another tech for my next goal.

All you needed to do is start a new hotseat game and pick the Union as player 1 and Confederates as player 2. Is this what you did? If you do this your cities should be celebrating, not revolting. If you did what you described in Edit 1 then I think you should probably play your turn again. If you started it as I described above (an you didn't have rebelling cities) then we can play on. Please let me know which it is asap

And yes, Colonel is the correct difficulty level.

Gelion
    Could you hold on a little bit before playing? Techumseh has said he has made some more fixes and he will send me the new files. If you have already played your turn or the turn you posted before was ok (IE you started a hotseat game with the Union as Player 1) then don't worry, we will continue.

I will check my e-mails tomorrow before work and if Techumseh has sent me the files I will forward them to you. Sorry this has been such a fiasco so far. I guess putting up with a few teething troubles will be worth it in the long run. I am itching to get stuck into this scenario!

AAAAGH!!! I dragged my sorry ass out of bed early so I could check my e-mails and forward on the updates but for the first time ever my service providers e-mail server has gone down.

I'm off to work now, but I will see if I can pop home at lunch time and check if the problem is fixed. I'm dying to get this game going!!!

Gelion
    I have e-mailed you the latest version of the files. Tech hopes this is the last update for the Playtest version.

Techumseh also forgot to add a house rule forbidding the selling of city improvements. I was going to do this quite a bit in my first turn, now I will have to recalculate my strategy!

When you are ready Gelion lets start the new hotseat game. You go first and remember to pick the Union as player 1 and the Confederates as player 2. There have been some changes in this latest version (the files I e-mailed you a few days ago) so it is worth checking the read me file again. Remember that selling off city improvements is now forbidden.

The_Union_Dec_1860

At last! Game started as required. I permitted myself to peak at your turn and there are no problems with the technology.
    Lets begin!

Post The Confederate States - January 1861

The Southern States are determined to preserve their freedoms and determine their own destiny. Mississippi, Alabama and Florida vote to secede.

The Union, January 1861

Citizens of the Northen states are concerned about the rumours of succession in three Southern States.

Seite 1 von 5 12345 LetzteLetzte