Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 39

Thema: American Civil War Multiplayer

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey

American Civil War Multiplayer

Techumseh has enquired about the potential interest in a Test of Time multiplayer game about the Civil War. It would either be designed for two players or as a six player game for two teams. He already has the map (a large one I built for Civ2units 'A Divided Nation' scenario) and loads of top quality units by Fairline. All he needs now is some potential players.

If you are interested see Techumseh's Civil War multiplayer thread at Apolyton for details.

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    Sounds interesting, but ToT?
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Das Spice muss fließen!!! Avatar von Barthi
    Yes ToT!
    Fragen/Download = PN an mich:

Civ 2 unter Vista/Win 7 Spielen

Meine Civ2 Szen's:

Star Trek Galaxy, Sezessionskrieg, Star Wars: Rise and Fall*

Meine Mods:

HoI2DD, EU3, Empire at War FoC#, North & South Pirates, Port Royale 2,

Meine Maps:

Civ5, Civ3, Patrizier 2, Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, Railroad Tycoon 3, Strategic War Command,

*in Arbeit, # auf Eis gelegt

Do you own a copy of ToT Atze?

If not I would highly recommend it. Most of the best scenarios have been created for this version. In fact it would be a better platform for PBEM game development. I currently make PBEMs for MGE as that is what everyone seems to use. If everyone had ToT I would much rather use that to design with.

I expect you could get a copy for a few euros on e-bay or some such site

the elf Avatar von Gelion
    I own a copy of ToT, but I am not very interested in the setting. Still, I should do it, hoping for an eventual return of favor.

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    bin dabei, ToT find ich schon wegen der 4 Ebenen äußerst reizvoll

Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    Do you own a copy of ToT Atze?

If not I would highly recommend it. Most of the best scenarios have been created for this version. In fact it would be a better platform for PBEM game development. I currently make PBEMs for MGE as that is what everyone seems to use. If everyone had ToT I would much rather use that to design with.

I expect you could get a copy for a few euros on e-bay or some such site
    I do own one (as I've already told you ) but I just don't quite get along with the different gameplay (I want my units blinking!!!). I might retry it for the sake of this PBEM, the ACW is an interesting setting.

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."

über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

@Gelion
    Good reply. I agree that sometimes its worth pitching in for the team, Karma and all that. It does come around eventually!

@Barthi

@Civi
    The four maps in a PBEM would be very interesting indeed!

@Atze
    It took me a long time to get used to ToT but it is worth persevering with. I got used to it by playing some of the excellent scenarios. After a while I forgot the units weren't blinking and they were sliding slightly slower. There are many more similarities than differences really and the additional featured make these minor annoyances worth enduring.

The ACW with two teams of three would make for an amazing PBEM!

Teams? You mean like a Democracy-Game?

I think what he has in mind (funnily enough I was planning to do the same thing one day) is to divide the north into three parts from east to west and the same for the south. For each team one player will run the eastern theatre, one the center and one the west. I guess they will be able to transfer units between themselves depending on the grand strategy. You cannot win on your own, you have to win as a team. Should be interesting!

the elf Avatar von Gelion
    So! How and when do we start? Do we have to go over to Apolyton?

It has not been built yet. Initially Techumseh wanted to know if there would be enough interested players to make it worthwhile building the scenario. I would recommend visiting the Apolyton thread and endorsing the idea!

Why don't you tell him to come here? Is there any PBEM-activity on poly left after all?

This forum is focused on playing multiplayer games whereas the Scenario League is dedicated to creating scenarios. I think any development would be done at Apolyton but anyone who wants to have an input is more than welcome to post their ideas there.

Tell him, everyone's like yeah and tell me when he's done .

Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte