Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 29

Thema: "Too many units" a thing of the past?

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey

"Too many units" a thing of the past?

Take a look at this thread guys: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=205794

This may be the answer to all our "Too many units" problems. From what I can gather it is a patch that allows the maximum number of units to increase from a 2048 to 32,000, more than we could ever expect to reach! I have to go out now but I will test it out tonight. If anyone else wants to take a look as test it please do!

Just run a test using Bonaparte 3. Using normal MGE it takes about 4-500 units to reach the limit. Using Civ2 Unlimited I smashed the 2048 unit limit. I did not try it up to the max of 32,000 as I would have been there until next week pressing Shift+F1 and Return I will take his word for it that it works. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work for network or hotseat games as long as everyone runs Civ2 Unlimited and picks the same options. It also allows a maximum of 2,000,000,000 gold

And to run it all you need to do is download the .exe file, put in your Civ2 folder and run it from there. It will ask which version of Civ2 you are playing with (ToT or MGE) and which of the fetures you want to run and once picked you just press "Launch Game" and play as normal. Couldn't be any easier.

I have not got an answer to my question whether you can apply this to existing hotseat games but it should be easy enough to test with one of the games which is near the unit limit, such as Aeterna Civitas or Bonaparte 3.

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    Do so .
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    Könnte jemand mal auf Deutsch schreiben wie man das Tool benutzt

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    Einfach in deinen Civ2-Ordner downloaden und dort starten, den Rest wirst du ja dann dort sehen

lolZdibolZ Avatar von Sephiroth
    Sounds cool. Will try it out soon.

We should try this out on one of the current games that is near the limit to see if it works without bugs. No point messing up a whole load of games if anything does go wrong. Which game do we chose though? My vote would be for La Belle because I am not doing very well

Fine with me.

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."

über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

lolZdibolZ Avatar von Sephiroth
    count me in

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Jerec
    Sounds good.
    "Cease firing, but if any enemy planes appear, shoot them down in a friendly fashion." -Admiral William Halsey

OK then. Next time we play the game we should all load up via Civ2 Unlimited and pick: 'World Max Units', 'Max Gold' and 'Max Population' and remember to run Civ2 Unlimited every time we play. We should all start building as many units as we like, sorry if that ruins anyone's plans.

If this test is successful I would suggest we start using it for all PBEM's as our default launcher and put the original civ2.exe in a backup folder so we don't accidentally use it. We will see how this test goes first though

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    Kann es sein das das Tool im Hot-Modus nicht funktioniert?

Ich meine, Battosai hätte das mal ausprobiert in einem Belle 3 und es hätte getan .

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    Die wurden aber im net-Modus gespielt...

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte