Wars of the Mediterranean PBEM

Romans -
    Phoenicians - Alcibaides
    Macedonian Greeks -
    Egyptians -
    Persians -
    Greeks -
    Celts -

I played this scenario on single player and it is absolutely brilliant! The only problem is that it is far too easy against the AI. So thats why I thought it would be really fun as multi-player.

The scenario files and intro are here:

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph..._Mediterranean

There is a set-up bat file you need to access to set up the game for multi-player.

As far as how many people can play, I think the more the merrier, all civs are playable. Though some will fair better than others under the AI. I think its essential that a human player plays as the Romans, since they are the real world protagonists. The Romans start off very weak (Just 3 cities) so we might want to set a house rule that says the noone can attack the City of Rome for the first 50 turns.

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    To this scen there was once a pbem here: http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=28261

So it would be Mediterranean [2]

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Alcibaides
    That was way back in 2005, seems that they only played the first 50 turns.

Are you interested in this one?

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Eurisko
    Ah, I remember this one.

It suffers from a lack of units and production capability. How about another Aeternita Civitas instead?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...rna_Civitas_II

If you should decide to play that one instead, I'd take the Phoenicians.

That could be an idea, though I have taken a quick look at the Aeternas Civitas II scenario, and it is very different from any other scenario I have ever seen.

The envoys cannot investigate cities, which means there is absolutely no way of knowing how many units are defending other cities.

Also, most of the sqaures on the map are "stackable" meaning there is a hidden fortress on top of the terrain which allows anyone to amass as many units as they please without worrying about losinng them all in one attack. I think this removes a lot of the military tactics from the game. It seems to me that this would result in people just charging at cities turn after turn without really planning their attack.

Maybe I am wrong, and that these new "stackable" squares actually bring in a whole new set of militarty tactics. But if that is the case, is that really Civ? or another game?

When you say that "Wars of the Med" suffers from a lack of production capacity and units, is that not a good thing? It makes it more of a challenge. Once you get the technology to build forges you will be on your way to better production.

There are no Pheonicians in Aeternas Civitas II, do you mean Carthage? I was kind of thinking I'd want to play them myself. If you are a strong, experienced player, why not take Rome, they are the protagonists and looking at the current Aeternas Civitas game, its seems that they really need a strong player to manage them.

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    In Aeterna C. are the Romans too weak, and the Carthagians too strong. As Cartago you just have to set sail to Rome with your special units at the beginning of the scenaio and you win?
    Geändert von Radyserb (20. November 2008 um 16:05 Uhr)

Code:
    In Aeterna C. are the Romans too weak, and the Carthagians too strong. As Cartago you just have to set sail to Rome with your special units at the beginning of the scenaio and you win?
    Really? Well that would be a really lame way to win. I definately will not be doing that.