Seite 15 von 15 ErsteErste ... 51112131415
Ergebnis 211 bis 224 von 224

Thema: Rise of the Dictators

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    I have less time next week but if it helps I can take one nation...
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    Well I am happy to take Germany if you would play as the USA. Their turns should be a bit quicker to play as you won't be guarding your borders etc...

I expect there will be a fair bit of role playing involved as the USA won't be your normal CivII nation. If/when the second world war starts the US player will have an interesting game!

Thanks for volunteering Cobra Of course if you would rather play as Germany I am happy to be the Americans.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    Oh no, I had a look at this szen right now and the USA with its 4 cities is the best solution for me
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

I thought it work well that way

Here is the updated diplomatic house rules. I have tried to keep them as simple as I could to avoid confusion and to make them easier to translate. As a said originally, these are guidelines to help the game follow a plausible path. Loopholes should not be exploited but pointed out so they can be fixed up

@@GERMANY
    Does not require Casus Belli to declare war.

@@USSR

The USA and USSR do not need a Casus Belli to declare war on each other.

@@ROMANIA/HUNGARY/BULGARIA
    Do not require Casus Belli to declare war.

@@FINLAND

@@SPAIN
    SPAIN (UNDER NATIONALIST CONTROL IE: WHEN THE CIVIL WAR IS OVER)
    ---------------------------------
    Do not require Casus Belli to declare war.

Run as a seperate entity from the other dictatorships.

SPAIN (UNDER REPUBLICAN CONTROL IE: WHEN THE CIVIL WAR IS OVER)
    --------------------------------
    Must have a Casus Belli to declare war.

Violation of Spanish territory is a valid Casus Belli. This only applies after the end of the Spanish Civil War.

Run as a seperate entity from the USSR.

SPANISH CIVIL WAR
    -----------------
    An attack on Republican Spain either during or after the Spanish Civil War gives France and Great Britain a Casus Belli. Gifting units to the Nationalists does not constitute an attack.

Victory in the Civil War is achieved when one side controls all of the enemies cities. When all the enemies cities have been captured the war is over and all remaining units belonging to the defeated side must be disbanded immediately.

All of the external nations can support either side economically and militarily by gifting money or units via the cheat menu.

Gifted units must be unloaded within two squres of a friendly city.

Republican and Nationalist forces can only attack hostile foreign ships or aircraft that are within two squares of the Spanish mainland or the Balearic Islands. They have enough problems of their own without starting new wars with the major powers! For their part the external nations are not allowed to barrier off access to the Balearic Islands with a chain of ships etc...

By "Hostile" I mean a nation supporting the other side with gifted military units.

No foreign Freighters carrying Trade Convoys are to be attacked by either the Republicans or the Nationalists. Freighters carrying military units within the two square exclusion zone are legitimate targets.

@@USA
    Must have Casus Belli to declare war until December 1941 (Pearl Harbour). After this date it may decleare war without one.

An attack on Britain or France is a valid Casus Belli.

The USA cannot declare war on Britain or the Neutrals.

The USA can only declare war on Vichy France.

The USA and USSR do not need a Casus Belli to declare war on each other.

@@BRITAIN
    Must have Casus Belli to declare war.

Britain may activate its alliance with France when at war.

Allied to France, Belgium and Poland.

@@ITALY

If the Allies capture Sicily and any three mainland cities then Germany may occupy any Italian city they wish. The Italian player must co-operate fully and promptly. Germany does not have to occupy the Italian cities but it can do if it thinks Italy is wavering or that it can no longer resist the Allies.

The exception to this rule is if Italy changes sides, in which case the Germans must take the Italian cities by force.

@@FRANCE
    France must have a valid Casus Belli to declare war.

An attack on France gives Britain a valid Casus Belli.

France may activate its alliance with Britain when at war.

Allied to Czechoslovakia and Poland.

May sign a military alliance with Romania / Bulgaria / Hungary.

VICHY FRANCE
    ------------
    If Germany captures 25% of French cities, including Paris, the French government must become a puppet state.

If Germany decides to negotiate more lenient terms that is up to them, otherwise the settlement is:

1, Upon the capture of Paris the French must cease resistance.

2, France must hand over control of all Metropolitan French cities bar Limoges, Toulouse, Lyon, Marseilles, Toulon and Nice.

3, France must disband all army and air force units in Metropolitan France bar three Infantry Divisions in each Vichy city.

4, No military units can be built in Metropolitan cities until the Free French clause (see #8).

5, France must resist any Allied attempts to take over Vichy territory in North Africa or the Levant.

6, The French fleet must either hand over its ships to the Germans or sail to Toulon or colonial ports.

7, If Germany wishes to occupy Tunis the French must hand over the city even if this means disbanding of troops homed there!

8, The French will be freed from these constraints if the Allies liberate Casablanca, Algiers and Oran. The Vichy government can either choose to join the Allied side again or continue to work with Germany.

9, If the Vichy government decide to become the Free French then Germany can occupy the remainder of the Metropolitan cities by force and any colonial cities they can grab.

10, The Allies can occupy any Vichy cities they wish without a Casus Belli. It is up to the Allies if they hand back control of any ex-French cities to the Free French. Should cause some realistic tension between De Galle and the Allied leaders!

@@AUSTRIA
    Anscluss between Germany and Austria gives Britain and France a valid Casus Belli to declare war.

An attack on Austria by Italy gives Britain and France a Casus Belli for war.

@@CZECHOSLOVAKIA
    An attack on Czechoslovakia gives Britain and France a valid Casus Belli to declare war.

France has a military alliance with must declare war on any country that attacks Czechoslovakia. France will have the option to opt out of supporting Czechoslovakia if Britain decides to appease the Germans.

@@SLOVAKIA
    If Germany occupies Czechoslovakia (Prague/Pilsen/Brno) then the Dictatorships can occupy Slovakia without giving France and Britain a Casus Belli.

@@YUGOSLAVIA
    There is no concequence for Germany, Italy, the Dictatorships or the USSR invading Yugoslavia.

@@BALTIC STATES
    In the Soviet sphere of influence. The USSR has a free hand in the Baltic states of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia.

@@ALBANIA
    In the Italian sphere of influence. The Italians have a free hand in Albania.

@@GREECE
    An attack on Greece gives Britain and France a valid Casus Belli to declare war.

Britain can intervene and put troops on Greek territory if it feels that Greece is threatened. This must be declared one turn in advance!

Greek cities cannot be occupied by the British but they can be liberated from foreign aggressors.

@@POLAND
    An attack on Poland gives Britain and France a valid Casus Belli to declare war.

Britain and France must go to war with Germany if it attacks Poland. Any other country that subsequently attacks Poland can do so without providing a Casus Belli (IE The USSR or the Dictatorships).

@@TURKEY
    Britain and France must go to war with ANY country that attacks Turkey. If this should be the USSR then Britain and France can only negotiate peace when all Turkish cities are vacated by the enemy (IE cheated back to the Independets) or have been liberated by the Franco-British.

@@NORWAY
    An attack on Norway gives Britain and France a valid Casus Belli to declare war.

Britain and France can intervene and put troops on Norwegian territory if it feels that Norway is threatened. This must be declared one turn in advance!

Norwegian cities cannot be occupied by the Franco-British but they can be liberated from foreign aggressors.

@@HOLLAND
    An attack on Holland gives Britain and France a valid Casus Belli to declare war.

@@BELGIUM
    An attack on Belgium gives Britain and France a valid Casus Belli to declare war.

If Germany violates Belgian neutrality France and Britain can deploy troops on Belgian territory.

@@DENMARK
    An attack on Denmark gives Britain and France a valid Casus Belli to declare war.

@@SWITZERLAND
    Switzerland is neutral and must not be attacked!

@@PORTUGAL
    Portugal is neutral and must not be attacked!

@@SWEDEN
    Sweden is neutral and must not be attacked!

I will play my turn at some point today.

I have not had the time to play yet as I have been working late shifts this weekend and looking after my baby daughter in the mornings. Should be able to get the new game started tomorrow morning so if there are any issues with the rules say so now!

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Alcibaides
    Good stuff McMonkey I think those rules are fine, I have 3 questions/comments:

1, You should clarify that the Spanish sides (Rep + Nationalist) are free to attack any ships that they are directly at war with anywhere on the map. I.e. if Italy decides to get directly invloved in the war, their ships could be attacked by Republican Spain anywhere.

2, Can you clarify the special case of the Balearic Islands? Is that going to be treated as 'territory' like last time? I.e. aircraft can land there and be immediately gifted over? If so can you clarify how that territory changes hands? I am assuming you have to both destroy defending units AND land ground units there (just like if it was a real city).

3, Can you clarify the Cassus Belli clause, If I understand correctly, once a nation gets its Cassus Belli, it enables them to declare war on the offending side ANYTIME THEREAFTER. Is that correct? I.e. if Germany invades Czechoslavakia, the Allies have their Cassus Belli and can then spend a few final turns preparing for battle and then declare war.

Excellent points!

1, If Italy (or whoever) decided to declare war on Republican Spain then the Republican navy could attack Italian ships anywhere, the Republicans could bomb Rome or invade Sicily if they wish to. All the special rules are forgotten!

If Italy (or whoever) sticks to the special SCW rules and just gifts the Nationalists units then its ships are safe as long as they stay out of the two square sea zone around Spain.

The main clause putting countries off a direct attack is Casus Belli it gives Britain and France.

2, To hold the Balearic Islands you must have at least one ground unit occupying the Island. You can then allow foreign aircraft to land there and be gifted over.

3, The best point of all! The Casus Belli has to be acted on immediately. For example if Germany invades Czechoslovakia but the Allies do not feel ready to go to war they miss their opportunity and must wait for the next provocation! The Democracies will have to decide when to appease Hitler and when to make a stand!

I will add a clause:

If Britain and France go to war with a country then make peace they do not require a Casus Belli to go to war again.

For example Germany invades Poland so Britain and France have to declare war. They then bottle out and make peace but later on they feel wracked with guilt and resolve to put things right. They can attack at any time without the need for a new Casus Belli!

Should be playing my first turn this morning!

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    Should be playing my first turn this morning!
    play now, ore england must make an embargo ( for beer )

A million apologies but I have run out of time and have to go to work for 12 noon. Will be back at about 20:00 and I will finish and post my turn then!

I will be away from 1/14 - 1/19. Hopefully I will be able to play the first turn before then, otherwise it will have to wait until the evening of Monday 1/19.

Banned Avatar von Takamisakari

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    Dieses PBEM ist verhext

This game has already restarted under a new thread title:

Rise of the Dictators 2

Seite 15 von 15 ErsteErste ... 51112131415