Mori ()
    Oda ()
    Imagawa ()
    Takeda ()
    Uesugi ()

GAME TYPE:
    Hotseat (.hot)

HOUSE RULES:
    - No tech trading (If you kill relevant unit you can cheat tech)
    - No city bribing
    - No tech stealing
    - No building new cities, only rebuilding raised ones
    - No terraforming under cities
    - No black clicking
    - Checking stack sizes is allowed
    - City and unit trading is allowed
    - The usual rules apply (Ship chaining etc...)
    - Any player who shames himself must commit Sepuku!

DOWNLOAD: http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...Country_at_War

I am more than happy to go on playing the existing Sengoku Jidai game. I just wanted to make what I think are a few important changes to the game in order to realize its full potential. I think it is only fair to open this up for anyone who is interested in playing a new game. I fancy a change and will pick my old Shogun Total War favorites, the Shimazu!

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I decided to make some multiplayer friendly changes to Darth Veda's classic. This is in no way a critisism of the original which I admire greatly. I just saw some changes that I thought would benefit the multiplayer version!

I wanted trade to be a viable option and I wanted to make the game more offensively oriented from the begining. In the recent game we have been playing at Civ Webring we had to restart with a rule prohibiting the use of the Daimyo's for the first few turns as they gave the players at the start of the turn cycle a huge advantage. I think the extra units and castles should allow us to do away with the house rule and get on with some Feudal mayhem!

CHANGES:

- The whole map is revealed
    I can see no reason for having the map covered up. The Clans would have known the geography of Japan by this date.

- All cities have Castles
    This is mainly done to avoid border cities being eradicated by constant warfare.

- Castles cost 0 gold
    If a Castle is destroyed when a city is captured it can be quickly rebuilt.

- Faster ships and traders
    This is to promote trade in the multiplayer game. As the ground units move so quickly it seems to make sense.

- Extra forts
    This defines territory borders and, IMHO, allows for more mobile operations in a non-stackable game.

- More Units
    Each nation has at least 40 extra units, including ships and Peasants. This should allow Daimyos to be used from turn one as there are no more easy targets. I hope it will lead to a more interesting gameplay as everyone can divise an offensive strategy from turn one without leaving their cities damgerously weak.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    So is nobody interested in playing this (hopefully) much improved version?

It is open for anyone who wants to join, not just the guys from the original game!