Hojo (Eurisko)
    Mori (McMonkey)
    Oda (Cobra)
    Imagawa (Jerec)
    Takeda (Civilionaut)
    Uesugi (Historical Atze)

DOWNLOAD:
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...Country_at_War

Before we start playing I will upload a PBEM mod with improved terrain graphics, people, cities and some new units plus any fixes:

GAME TYPE:
    Hotseat (.hot)

HOUSE RULES:
    - No road pillaging
    - No tech trading (If you kill relevant unit you can cheat tech)
    - No city bribing
    - No tech stealing
    - No building new cities, only rebuilding raised ones
    - No terraforming under cities
    - No black clicking
    - Checking stack sizes is allowed
    - City and unit trading is allowed
    - The usual rules apply (Ship chaining etc...)
    - Any player who shames himself must commit Sepuku!

The year is 1530 and the place is Feudal Japan. The frequent, violent battles conducted by clashing warlords give this period it's suiting name: Sengoku Jidai; The Age of the Country at War.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey

One more player needed

I think Historical Atze will play so we need one more player to get us underway. The only criteria for the last player is that they be reliable, post as promptly as possible (RL permitting) and they do not vanish with no word!

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Eurisko
    Hm I've wanted to do a PBEM of this for a long time now, and until roughly july the chances of me doing the Houdini are pretty slim

Although I don't really like the Uesugi or the Mori for that matter. Would anybody (preferrably Hojo or Shimazu) like to trade?

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    If it helps, I'll be Uesugi ...
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Jerec
    Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen

HOUSE RULES:
    -Tech trading is allowed (This is due to the unusual way of obtaining military techs)
    And everything else isn't allowed?

Ok its settled. I will be the Mori, Atze will be the Uesugi and Eurisko will be the Hojo

I will try to get the PBEM download done tonight.

We need to work out the house rules. I think everyone should take a look at the excellent read me file (html document) in the SJ folder and make suggestions. I will write out a full list before we begin.

Karlheinz, please wait until everything is ready before playing the first turn

The P Shinobi (unique unit for the Hojo) is a diplo. The Legendary Geisha is a spy. I checked, and both have the ability to steal techs/bribe cities. Should we forbide one/both of these abilities?

Is transforming the terrain under a city included in generic house rules?

I think we need a house rule forbidding the creation of new cities. This option is more than possible with the large map, but then the game would just be a big rat race of who can build the best cities fastest, and war would be out the window for a very long time.

City and unit trading is allowed, I suppose.

IIRC the readme is DarthVeda's website. The site has lots of info on the clans, units, techs, and strategies. An excellent place to familiarize yourself with the scen.

Ok then.

Bribing cities should be banned, as should be stealing techs.

Btw I am against tech trading, precisely because of the tech system in this scenario.

It presents players who go into battle with the possibility of better units, while those who do nothing but create infrastructure will eventually have an inferior army, which is actually pretty realistic in so far as that their army is inexperienced.

Most of all it spices the game up and adds momentum and excitement by forcing people to wage war if they don't want to fall behind in the "arms race."

So I am against trading techs, or at least against trading techs which are awarded through events or have techs awarded through events as their prerequisite (ie advanced military techs).

I agree with all of these points. It should make the game more agressive and battle oriented as the designer intended!

I have posted the graphics mod at the Scenario League. It is not essential to use but I think it makes the game look a lot nicer:

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...Country_at_War

We can still add house rules if anyone has any ideas!

Karlheinz, feel free to begin when you are ready

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    Ok, let's go.
    Eurisko ist dran
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Kyoroku 3, Hojo no okoku

The house of Hojo wants to bring wealth and prosperity to all its loyal subjects, and as such much in the way of improving infrastructure needs to be done.

We have secured our borders and hope that this is not perceived as an aggressive act, we have neither the means nor the intention of waging war against our neighbors.
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Mori Clan

The Mori clan declares war on the Takeda and captures the city of Bitchu.

Ah, chisai senso da!

That didn't take too long.

Hopefully we can keep it fast.

About techs. "It does happen that you may not be able to acquire the 'defeat' technology from defeating a tier one technology. This is a glitch in MGE and I've tried to use the events space to my best to fix it. For example, if you kill a Yari Ashigaru I but don't get the Yari Ashigaru I defeat tech, somebody else has killed a Yari Ashigaru I from that clan before you. The only way you can get it is if you are the first to kill a yari ashigaru I from a particular clan. Otherwise you don't." This is quoted from DarthVeda's website. Maybe tech trading is necessary.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    No news
    Geändert von Cobra (11. Juni 2011 um 15:01 Uhr)
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Seite 1 von 56 123451151 ... LetzteLetzte