Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 49

Thema: KAC Cup 4 - international Civ4 Cup with prizes

Registrierter Benutzer

KAC Cup 4 - international Civ4 Cup with prizes

KAC - Klub Anonimowych Civ-maniaków - Anonymous Civ-maniacs Club

proudly presents

KAC Cup 4

History:
    KAC Cup 1 (2007.04 - 2007.05) 35 players, 7 countries (POL, GER, FRA, UK, UKR, BEL, RUS)
    Winners: DeviousDevil (UK, C4P), Vox (UKR, civfanatics.ru), Peter (POL, KAC), Penny (FRA, civfr.com)
    KAC Cup 2 (2007.07 - 2008.08) 43 players, 11 countries (UK, UKR, POL, BEL, ROM, AUT, NOR, FRA, RUS, FIN, GER)
    Winners: uralis (UKR, civfanatics.ru), Nemesis (AUT, LCA), ot4e (RUS, civfanatics.ru), Ascendency (NOR)
    KAC Cup 3 (2007.12 - 2008.01) 59 players, 13 countries (UKR, AUT, RUS, POL, UK, FRA, GER, BEL, SUI, ITA, ESP, GRE, ISR)
    Winners: ot4e (RUS, civfanatics.ru), uralis (UKR, civfanatics.ru), Fox (POL, KAC), DeviousDevil (UK, C4P)

As usually out tourney offers a lot of fun and prizes

We would like to beat again the record of players and represented countries, so do not hesitate and apply! Everyone's invited!

Official forum of tourney: http://forum.civilization.org.pl/viewforum.php?f=155
    Registration thread: http://forum.civilization.org.pl/viewtopic.php?t=6578
    Question, opinions, discussions: http://forum.civilization.org.pl/viewtopic.php?t=6590

For veterans of KAC Cup: changes since last KAC Cup are bolded, so you don't have to read whole Rules again

KAC Cup 4 Rules

1. Game settings (changes since KAC Cup 3 are bolded)
    All games will be played in pairs (1 vs 1) using following settings:
    Map: LD_Mirror_Inland_Sea2 http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=204146
    Size: tiny
    Climate: temperate
    Sea level: medium
    Era: ancient
    Game speed: quick
    Level: prince
    Options: advanced start - 80 points, no barbarians, no technology trading, always war, no tribal villages, no random events. Rest of options disabled.
    Victories: conquest (if no one will win by conquest, count of points at end of game decides)
    Separated turns (simultaneous turns disabled)
    No AI overtaking
    Anonymous leaders
    Turn timer: medium
    Game turn limit: 200
    City elimination limit: 0

If both players chose the same leader, host should uncheck 'anonymous' option and start a game with the same leaders.
    If both players agree, game might be played with simultaneous turns.

2. Tournament prizes

Prizes for the tournament where sponsored by KAC - http://www.civilization.org.pl/

Winners will get following prizes:
    I place - KAC Cup T-shirt, Revival (civ for mobile phones), Civ4: Complete, The Witcher
    II place - KAC Cup T-shirt, Revival (civ for mobile phones), The Witcher
    III place - KAC Cup T-shirt Revival (civ for mobile phones),
    IV place - KAC Cup T-shirt
    Winners might choose any other game (price should be similar)

3. Tournament system
    Tournament will be played using double elimination system.

4. Games dates
    Each tournament phase lasts for one week - from Wednesday till Tuesday. Players will set up dates for their games in separated forum. If players will be unable to find a suitable date for their game during the week, game has to be played on mandatory day - Tuesday 19:00 CET (Central European Time). First round of tournament starts on 6th May 2008.
    If one player will not show up in mandatory date, player who waits in lobby should post on forum in their thread 'I wait in forum'. After 30 minutes game is won by walk-over.
    If both players won't show up, they both loose by walk-over. Then player who should play in next round with the winner of this game wins his next game by walk-over.
    If both players won't show up for the final, they both end up with second place in tournament.

5. Technical stuff
    Player listed as first in pair is host of game and he is responsible for all game settings. Games should be set up using lobby. If players can not connect to each other, they should use hamachi http://www.hamachi.cc/ - network interface emulator. Game should be set up in lobby and second player should enter this game using option 'Direct IP' and supplying IP address of host, which is emulated by hamachi.
    If one player suddenly quits the game, the other player has to wait 15 minutes. If quitter will not come back, he is considered as loser of that game.

6. Saving and reloading
    If game is not played on mandatory date, then on request of one player game has to be saved and continued later when both players have time, but not later than on mandatory date. If game is played on mandatory date it cannot be saved and finished later. Player who has to suddenly finish and quit (during mandatory date) is losing the game.

7. Games reporting
    Games should be reported on forum in the same thread in which players set up for that game. Winner should post information who played and who won. He should also at least briefly describe how the game looked like - which nations they used and how he won.
    In case of conflict players have to send via email save made at the end of game to tournament administrators - this will be the only prove that game was played and how it ended up.

8. Setting of tournament pairs
    Application period lasts till 4th May 2008. Applicants must use their nicks from civ4 lobby and should be sent to cup@kac.org.pl . This is an individual tournament, however civ clubs members have right to apply as a representation of their clubs and/or countries (logo of club and nation flag will be displayed next to player's nick). Clubs have right to seed their players. Players applying individually will not be seeded. When application period will be closed a tree of players will be build up - players will know with whom they will play up to the final of the tournament. While building the tree of players we will consider all existing players' rankings to make sure that best players will meet at the end of tournament.

9. Other issues
    Every aspect of tournament not described in those rules will be arbitrated by tournament's administrators: LDeska i Peter. Correspondence address: cup@kac.org.pl

Notes:
    CET - Central European Time.
    Official forum of the tournament: http://forum.civilization.org.pl/viewforum.php?f=155 posts should be posted in English or Polish.
    Geändert von LDeska (21. April 2008 um 12:09 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Nemesis666

Nemesis666 for MUD
    Diskutiere nie mit Idioten - sie holen Dich auf ihr Niveau und
    schlagen Dich dort mit Erfahrung

civ4fans

Registrierter Benutzer
    OK any more friends?

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Aristobulus
    Count me in.

PPP Avatar von Shizanu
    I will join you again.

But 80 points adavanced start? This is just one city, isn´t it?
    Meine Strategiehilfen:
    Civ IV Strategie Guide Allgemeiner Civ Singleplayer Guide für Spielstufen Prinz und König
    fastmoves.de Alles über Civilization Multiplayer für Anfänger und Fortgeschrittene.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Great! There is already 30 players registered

Yes, 80 point is just for one city (65 points) and one unit (10 points). 5 extra points are given becauuse on Prince level game substracts some points at the beginning.

So, sharpen you axes

PPP Avatar von Shizanu
    one more question: are you sure, that random events are enabled? There has been some problems about that before, because u copied Warlords settings, so i am asking.
    Meine Strategiehilfen:
    Civ IV Strategie Guide Allgemeiner Civ Singleplayer Guide für Spielstufen Prinz und König
    fastmoves.de Alles über Civilization Multiplayer für Anfänger und Fortgeschrittene.

Registrierter Benutzer
    oups, my mistake , random events should be OFF of course. I'll update the rules immediately.

Thanks for pointing this out!

P.S. Polish version didn't had this mistake
    Geändert von LDeska (18. April 2008 um 14:16 Uhr)

PPP Avatar von Shizanu
    I am quite surprised, that so few players are interested in the tourney. Shall I ask some admin to make an annoucement, like last time? Maybe most simply dont watch at this forum.
    Meine Strategiehilfen:

Registrierter Benutzer
    Yeah, sure! Please ask him - we have less players tha last time
    I will try to look for players too

Registrierter Benutzer
    BTW - please note that this time we've switched from SE (single elimination) to DE (double elimination) cup system. So it wiil not harm you if you loose once by accident - only second lost game is eliminating player from KAC Cup.

PPP Avatar von Shizanu
    How does that work? Do I have to play 2 or 3 matches against the same opponent in one week, till one has lost two games?
    Edith asked wikipedia and got some help. Still I would like to know the exact workout of the system.
    Geändert von Shizanu (21. April 2008 um 17:28 Uhr)
    Meine Strategiehilfen:

Saab 900 Turbo S Avatar von Shoxer
    Count me in. [LCA]Shoxer
    SAAB 900 TURBO S

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Nemesis666
    Zitat Zitat von LDeska Beitrag anzeigen
    BTW - please note that this time we've switched from SE (single elimination) to DE (double elimination) cup system. So it wiil not harm you if you loose once by accident - only second lost game is eliminating player from KAC Cup.

Yer plz explain it LDeska, im not up for playing the same player 3 times - or did i get this wrong?
    Diskutiere nie mit Idioten - sie holen Dich auf ihr Niveau und
    schlagen Dich dort mit Erfahrung

civ4fans

PPP Avatar von Shizanu
    This picture is from wikipedia and shows how it works. Do you use this system?

Bild
    Angehängte Grafiken Angehängte Grafiken
    Meine Strategiehilfen:

Seite 1 von 4 1234 LetzteLetzte