Seite 10 von 14 ErsteErste ... 67891011121314 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 136 bis 150 von 200

Thema: Spieler benötigt / Needed players

Metropolis
    Gast
    Zitat Zitat von Ingvar Beitrag anzeigen
    Welcome Metropolis! A new player is always great news.
    Are you very familiar with the Civ 2 mechanics? If so, there isn't very much new you need to know.
    Any way, if there is another scenario you are interested in playing too? If you have any other interests we can try and get a game going in such a scenario.
    Hope you're here to stay, if even just for one game.
    I'm familiar with it, even though it will be my first PBEM game. Could you just bring on the scenario, I have problems tracking it on the internet. I'm here to stay and I'll pick whatever's left - just tell which power's mine and let's get-a-go.
    There aren't any rules to hard to follow, I guess - no cheating and snooping in another's players backyard obviously.
    The only questions I have are:
    - How do you form alliances, via this forum, private messages, or what the heck?
    - Do I have to save the game at the very end of my turn or at the beginning of the next one's?
    Maybe I come across more questions while playing. But that should suit fine for the start.

Registrierter Benutzer
    http://www.civforum.de/showthread.ph...you-re-out!%29

You can find the scenario there, at the bottem of the first post. If you do not have ToT we´ll play the MGE version, which you have to have.

Alliances are almost always formed through private messages.
    A full list of house rules can be found in the first post too.

Registrierter Benutzer
    I forgot, you must save at the end of your own turn, not at the beginning of the next one.

Metropolis
    Gast
    Wow! That are quite a lot of house rules, but I'm willing to work myself through all of them.
    We'll have to keep to the MGE version, unfortunately I don't have ToT.

SO, you told me to play India and Brazil, is that right?

Metropolis
    Gast
    - No 'square stealing' from the AI.
    - No artificial creating of ZOC with units.
    - You force war, and before you save your turn force peace, so that the AI won't attack you from another pro-country independent of the proxy war you're fighting.
    - Am I allowed to attack the non-aligned straightaway or do I also have to warn you 3 turns before actually doing it?

Hell, that's challenging.
    I read through the whole bunch of rules and guess I'll have to look them up every turn. Seems quite complicated for a greenhorn, but I'll do my best. So don't shoot me should I make mistakes. I think I'll also have to ask from time to time. Could you just explain the rules at the top of my comment?
    Geändert von Metropolis (11. März 2012 um 20:20 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer
    I don't think it would be a good idea for you to play this as a first PBEM game, you really should try something else to get accustomed to the game. It takes a lot of work and a good understanding of Civ 2 PBEM'ing to have a chance to win in this scenario. There are countless other scenarios out there, and a large part of them are much simpler than this one. We will be starting a game of the scenario Blood & Steel soon, see the thread here: http://www.civforum.de/showthread.ph...lood-amp-Steel
    Blood & Steel has the benefit of being fast paced, players don't need to spend months city building before the action starts.

Check this site out, it has all, or most, of the good scenarios available for Civ2:
    http://sleague.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page

- Square Stealing: When two cities share city radi, the shared squares are alotted to one city or another. If, at the start of the scenario, the AI owns squares in on of your cites radi, you may never use this square. You won't have to worry much, or at all, about this rule if you are controlling India, Brazil or China. This is mostly just a problem in Europe, where cities are very close to each other.
    - Artificial ZoC: Some units can cross into another players Zone of Control unhindered (Spies, airplanes, ships, for an example.)
    It is possible to use these units to crete an artificial ZoC, so that units that can not pass into another civs ZoC can enter the already occupied square.

- To force War, you use an utility (which name I can't recall now, I´ll find it later) to edit the save game and set it so that you are at war with the AI nations, then after having concluded your buisness you change it back to peace, using the utility again.

- No, you must wait 3 turns. Of course, there is nothing stopping you technially, but other players may respond with force or trade sanctions if you get too aggressive.(This is a bit debatable, should it be a rule which players are not allowed to break?) Anyway, can you post further questions you have in the First Strike thread?

Registrierter Benutzer
    I think my explanations are not too good, but these three rules won't matter much until later.

Metropolis
    Gast
    Well, you're probably right about that, I've already thought myself to quit this one. It's better if I'm out in order to not spoil your game.
    Therefore I'll stick to an easier scenario and have a closer look at the one you recommended (Blood&Steel).

Registrierter Benutzer
    Well, you can't spoil the game if it never even starts, which it seems it won't unless you join, so maybe when we have played some turns of Blood & Steel you'll be more confident to start First Strike.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hello!

I'm too a new player! With a friend we can play with you some week end

How to join a game? With Hamachi?

(we have the gold edition)

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hello Pondichery.
    I don't think anyone here plays over the internet as such, we just play by posting the save game file after we are done each time.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Oh I see, interesting I'm ready to try something ;-)

I want to show you my world map but I failed..... can you explain to me how to do that? Thanks!

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    You could upload a map in a zipped/compressed folder. It may be that the forum does not accept map files as legitimate uploads.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Thank you.

I think you'll like it ;-)

I too have this map without the rivers.
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Registrierter Benutzer
    I forget to send the graphics, I think it is the most suitable mod for this map.
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien
    • Dateityp: rar MOD.rar (215,6 KB, 5x aufgerufen)

Seite 10 von 14 ErsteErste ... 67891011121314 LetzteLetzte