Mode: .hot

House rules:
    - No pillaging of roads or stackable!
    - Tech trading forbidden
    - Unit trading forbidden
    - City trading allowed
    - Nukes forbidden
    - No Railroads can be built
    - All cities should build City Defences asap and this improvement should be rebuild as soon as a city is captured to prevent the destruction of cities in wartime!
    - No new cities can be built. Only destroyed ones re-raised!

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey

HOUSE RULES?

Radyserb, we could not contact you as your PM box was full up. I hope you will be up for this game. If not then just say and we will recruit a replacement

Before we begin I wanted to clarify some house rules. Here are my ideas, please feel free to discuss!

- No pillaging of roads or stackable!

- Tech trading forbidden

- Unit trading allowed

- City trading allowed

- Should Nukes be allowed?

- Should Railroads, which appear later in the game, be allowed?

- Any other rules to add?

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    - City trading allowed

Ich bin dagegen

Dummkopf Avatar von Eivind
    You know this scenario is unfinished? Major flaws were found, and he never attended to fix them before he retired.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=1
    Geändert von Eivind (16. März 2008 um 21:16 Uhr)

Solutions?:

- No nukes

- No pollution / global warming

- Higher tech paradigm

- Sort out the trade payoffs and/or freight cost

Thanks for the heads up Eivind. You have saved us from starting a game that won't work as it should do. I was not a member of Apolyton when this scenario came out and I just assumed that it was a fully functioning scenario as it was available for dl at Spanish Apolyton.

Bear in mind that the guys at Apolyton were playing a game designed for PBEM in single player mode. If the tech rate can be adjusted to the intended level by tweaking the tech paradigm and trade can be kept in check then there is nothing unfixable.

I will take a look at the bugs tommorow evening and see what I can do to fix them. Should not be too hard!

Ok, the fixed PBEM mod is available to download now. Please find the link in post #1. Be sure to download this new version as more than just the graphics have been altered.

Pollution has been turned off to prevent global warming. The tech paradigm has been changed from 6/10 to 18/10. This has slowed down research considerably but as trade is the key to PBEM's this should not be a problem. I have altered the game text to prevent the pillagging of Roads and stackable terrain.

I could not be bothered to mess around with the rules file to eliminate nukes and Railroads. There is a house rule forbidding the construction and the use of nukes. If we later decide that either of these should be allowed we can still use them!

I would have liked to eliminate barracks in the style of John Ellis' scenarios so units must gain experience in combat but decided that was too much work. We can always make an improved version at a later date once we have thoroughly tested the game!

City defences have been reduced in cost to 0 gold. I suggest all nations build them in all cities to prevent their destruction, much as we do in Bonaparte!

It looks like Russia goes first so I will play and post this evening. Fingers crossed this will prove to be a fun game

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    fine I´m going to test it right now
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    What exactly are cavalry and sappers there for? In any respect regulars are better and they are cheaper
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Cavalry was basically obsolete by WWII so thats cool. Sappers are infantry with settler abilities. If you don't think a unit is useful then don't build it

Remember, I did not build this game so I take none of the blame!

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    I don't want to blame you, I wanted to clarify this. Settler - got that. Nice - why are they called sappers and not pioneers?

PS: If cavalry is obsolete, why integrate it into the game - and not ... dunno. Other tanks, ships, fighters or stuff? Well - I don't blame you, but I have to blame someone and pick randomly ... I pick Monkey. Ok, I blame Monkey .
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

I guess he placed Cavalry as it was historically accurate. Although they were used little in Western armies the Russians used Cossacks to some effect. The Polish still used Cavalry but they were of little use against Panzers.

There are some problems with the game but nothing too major...I hope. Playing now!

USSR

SOVIET FOREIGN POLICY:

Foreign trade is permitted to unload their cargo in Soviet ports. Should any nation wish to trade with the interior cities of the USSR please consult with my Foreign Minister to negotiate a permit!

The Baltic States
    The Soviet Union will allow no foreign meddling in Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania!

Bulgaria
    The Soviet Union seeks to strengthen ties with its old friend Bulgaria and we will not tolerate foreign aggression against this country!

Turkey
    The Soviet Union wishes for Turkey to remain Neutral. Any attempt by a foreign nation to close our access to the Mediterranean will feel the wrath of the Soviet Navy.

Yugoslavia
    The Soviet Union will support its Slavic brethren against any foreign aggression.

Poland and Romania
    The Soviet Union makes no claim to these countries, however any foreign takeover will be seen as a threat to the USSR!

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    Sorry, ich habe im Moment überhaupt keine Lust, ein neues PBEM anzufangen...

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Jerec
    Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    ...If not then just say and we will recruit a replacement
    No need to draft some poor fellow. I volunteer to take Britain, if there are no objections.

EDIT: quote problem
    Geändert von Jerec (18. März 2008 um 02:28 Uhr)

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    Zitat Zitat von Jerec Beitrag anzeigen
    No need to draft some poor fellow. I volunteer to take Britain, if there are no objections.

EDIT: quote problem

Seite 1 von 25 1234511 ... LetzteLetzte