Seite 2 von 63 ErsteErste 1234561252 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 16 bis 30 von 945

Thema: Aeterna Civitas II PBEM

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von academia
    Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    Going to play or you still negotiating?
    i´m ready. i´ll post my turn later tonight.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von academia

The Holy Roman Empire wishes to make an announcement. DO NOT INTERFERE IN CONTINENTAL ITALY.
    If you want to mantain good relations with Rome, dont dare to disembark military troops in the area. We consider this territory holy land.
    Besides this warning, Rome just wants to have good, "profitable" friends. at least for the moment...

*6 barbarian infantry killed

@Macedonia: please, remove your units from brentesion.
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    Will play after work tonight (about 8-9pm). Should have played this morning but I was up playing Rome Total Realim until 3am and slept in late

Seleucid Empire 280 BC

Emperor Seleucus sends his greetings to the rulers of the known world. He wishes to let all rulers know that their merchants are free to trade with Seleucid cities but kindly asks for other nations to avoid blocking our road and river networks when possible. Slaves will be put to work building passing points on major roads.

The Emperor also wishes to announce an alliance with the Galatians of Ancyra. Any attack on them will be considered an attack on the Seleucid Empire!

NOTE
    Had to open the game in cheat mode to correct a minor error where three Armenian Cavalry in the city of Nisibis who should have been Seleucid units were actually Barbarians. Hope this has not messed the game up at all. I started my turn, saved, changed to .sav, opened game and edited units then saved again and renamed the file back to .hot and played my turn. Is this the correct way to do it?

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    You should reintegrate the other players afterwards by CTRL-J.
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Control-J, OK.

I have just decided to fix a major flaw with the game as I see it. The tech paradigm is set way too low. As it stands the Seleucids can get a tech every two turns if they are willing to have a negative cash flow for a while and as there are loads of Rich Villages about this is possible. Once Later Republic and Mercantilism are discovered I think every nation will be able to get a tech per turn. This is not what I intended.

I am going to fix this right now and post v1.1 on the Scenario League. I apologize for this, especially to Academia who has already played his first turn, but I would rather put this right now than wait until we had all put a lot of time into the game and found that the game was completely unbalanced.

NEW FILES v1.1

Here is the link to the fixed version: http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...rna_Civitas_II

Now all civilized nations with a tax rate of 30/60/10 have a small cashflow minus and get a new tech about every ten turns. Celts and Germanics are a bit slower. Once Later Republic is researched this will be much improved and when people start trading techs should come a lot quicker. I also made the Rich Villages a bit easier to destroy. I found that Heavy Cavalry could not kill them on hills!

Once again, sorry about this but I think it will make he game much better!

Barcelona 5-Real Madrid 0 Avatar von Rebelious
    I´m back, nice this started

Btw, didn´t know that trick to check size of foreign unit stacks

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    Karthago geht hart gegen Barbarische Piraten vor. 4x Tririemen versenkt.
    An Land Land expandiert Karthago entlang der Nordafrikanischen Küste.
    Cirta wurde erobert und 4x Numidian Horse vernichtet.
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    Zitat Zitat von Karlheinz Beitrag anzeigen
    Karthago geht hart gegen Barbarische Piraten vor. 4x Tririemen versenkt.
    An Land Land expandiert Karthago entlang der Nordafrikanischen Küste.
    Cirta wurde erobert und 4x Numidian Horse vernichtet.
    sachte Karlheinz,
    Aca muß neu starten

@McMonkey
    The fortress unit .....
    Once your nation has developed the Postal Service technology your engineers can build settlements (airbases) so that forts can redeploy.

das funktioniert nicht
    Geändert von Civilionaut (03. Februar 2008 um 18:50 Uhr)

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    Zitat Zitat von Civilionaut Beitrag anzeigen
    sachte Karlheinz,
    Aca muß neu starten
    Wenn er das möchte, OK. Aber da er diesen Wunsch bis jetzt nicht äußerte, obwohl er nach McMonkey's Zug schon online war, laßt uns erstmal weiter spielen.

@Karlheinz
    Sorry, we have to start again with Academia's turn as the whole scenario file was altered. My fault, I apologize!

@Civilionaut
    I decided that only the Romans can build the Fort unit so there is no reason for the rest of us to build settlements unless we buy Forts from the Romans!

Academia, could you replay your first turn from the new files. Cab everybody else upload version 1.1 from scenario league please. Hopefully any other minor bugs can be fixed with the cheat menu but the tech paradigm change required a restart of the game!

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Jerec

Wichtig!

I played my turn too, before I checked the forum and saw your last post McM. But I downloaded the 1.1 version before playing. Would it be possible to still use my finished turn after Academia replays? I have a feeling it won't...

*edit* Darn spelling error.
    Geändert von Jerec (04. Februar 2008 um 04:54 Uhr)

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    @Civilionaut
    I decided that only the Romans can build the Fort unit so there is no reason for the rest of us to build settlements unless we buy Forts from the Romans!

testing now the romans, cannot build settlements

@Jerec
    Sorry, I can assure you I have wrapped my knuckles to punish myself for wasting everybody's time

I'm afraid we have to start again from the beginning.

@Civi
    Just tested. The Romans can build settlements once Postal Service is developed. As there is stackable terrain (fortress) in every square they will need to pillage that then they can replace it with a settlement (airbase). Airbases and fortresses cannot exist in the same square. I forgot to explain this in the Read Me file!

Additional house rule:
    No pillaging stackable terrain except when converting terrain to settlement.

I have noticed that in some games you don't get a choice what to pillage. Just tested ACII and you do get a choice

Seite 2 von 63 ErsteErste 1234561252 ... LetzteLetzte