Spartans - McMonkey
    Persians - Academia (Formerly Eurisko)
    Athenians - Dario
    Chalcideans - Civlonaut
    Corinthians - Atze
    Thebans - Battosai
    Minor Greeks - Radyserb

Difficulty Level: Tyrant

Link to Hellas download (if needed) and alternative graphics (optional): http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Hellas

House rules:
    Standard House rules
    +
    Mountain peaks must be disbanded.
    Founding new cities IS allowed.
    Only Barbarian cities can be bribed.
    Geändert von McMonkey (25. Mai 2007 um 13:48 Uhr)

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    dann nehme ich die freie Partei

i take the free nation

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Eurisko
    The difficulty should be "Tyrant".

The rules are pretty much the standard ones, I guess (no shipchaining or reloading etc), however, I'd like to add one:

When someone bribes a barbarian city which supports "mountain peak" units, he should not be allowed to stack units on the mountain square which those peaks are on, since that would create an invincible stack.

The the affected mountain square should either be off-limits to the briber's units, or the mountain peak units should be disbanded right away.

Brutus
    Actually, the only one that is really affected by this rule, is you, the Persian, aren't you ?

However, I've nothing to say against it.

Zitat Zitat von battosai Beitrag anzeigen
    Actually, the only one that is really affected by this rule, is you, the Persian, aren't you ?

However, I've nothing to say against it.
    Why would I be?

I can build heralds (the only civ which can do that, as a matter of fact) and bribe cities of my own to have invincible barriers, but it's just the principle of it.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I would recommend allowing the Greeks to bribe cities as they will only get maybe 1-3 Herolds in the course of the game but restrict the Persians to bribing units but not cities. I think John Ellis suggested something similar if the game was played as the Persians in single player. I think the Persians could win the game too easily otherwise. What are your thoughts on this?

I will start Turn 1 when all the house rules are decided!

Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    I would recommend allowing the Greeks to bribe cities as they will only get maybe 1-3 Herolds in the course of the game but restrict the Persians to bribing units but not cities. I think John Ellis suggested something similar if the game was played as the Persians in single player. I think the Persians could win the game too easily otherwise. What are your thoughts on this?

I will start Turn 1 when all the house rules are decided!
    I am against bribing other players' cities in general, since it's frustrating as hell when you have dozens of units in a city only to have it bribed for a handful of dollars.

So I'd say that only barbarian and perhaps minor Greek cities can be bribed, but not cities of other players.

And you can start anyway, since we are at such an early stage in the game that we cannot break any current or future rules.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Dario
    i think the same that Eurisko
    btw, right now i'm gone to Uni. will be back in some hours or so.

enough time to play those long turns.

The game begins

Spartans Turn 1

Writing developed. One Minor Village plundered (150 Drachmae+Slaves) and two Spartan villages disbanded.

The Spartan King Leonidas sends his cordial greetings to his Hellenic brothers (except the Other Greeks who he is not so keen on!). "What a relief the dark ages seem to be drawing to a close, I'm sure we will all be best of chums from this point on !".

Hope I done everything right!

Ah wait, at this point it would probably be wise to discuss whether we will play this in .net or in .hot

My vote goes to .hot

Whats the difference and how do I change it to .hot?

.net means a PBEM game played using the "internet game" option, whereas .hot is a PBEM game played using the "hot seat" option.

The difference is that in .net engineers work faster and units instantly fortify, but the AI plays a role and can screw up your production if you lose cities.

In .hot engineers are slower and units take one turn to fortify, but there basically is no AI, meaning that your production will not be screwed up if you lose a city and generally eliminating erratic AI-induced problems.

Also, to do transactions of any kind in .net you use civdip, which is an external program, whereas transactions in .hot are done using the .hot menu.

You start a .hot game the same way, the only extra thing you need to do is set the number of players (in this case 6, one for every nation except for the minor Greeks).

Rodger that E. I will take my first turn again in .hot. Should take me all of 30 seconds

The Game begins...again!

Spartans Turn 1.1

Nothing to report!

You seem to have done everything correctly, however, a word of advice:

Since manually pressing enter is required in .hot mode before one advances to one's turn from the turn of the player who posted the save, you should always make sure the screen is centered on a black patch or another equally unrevealing place like the open sea with no units so the player after you doesn't see what's going on in your civ.

It makes no difference right now though since it's still early, I pointed it out for future refence.

As for the turn: Anatolia and the Balkans are quiet. In the east, a small empire with great aspirations is wreaking havoc, devouring nation after nation in its bid for global domination. When will the onslaught reach the shores of Greece and Asia Minor? Only time will tell.
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von Eurisko (10. April 2007 um 23:36 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 56 123451151 ... LetzteLetzte