Seite 9 von 10 ErsteErste ... 5678910 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 121 bis 135 von 150

Thema: Szenario Diadochenkriege (~300 v.Chr.)

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hehe, no, it´s not Iberia, i play allways one of the Diadochi or Rome.

Tomorrow i will try to post a brief history of the game untill now, Thorgal, but we are only in the turn 21, that is 279 a.C. we roleplay a lot and we use a mod made by some of our people that we use in our spanish pitboss tournament the APT mod, that makes than nobody in war can play two times in a row without their enemies play. And other enhancments for mp.

We have a web page with stats and data from the game:

http://www.aptmod.com/portalprivado.aspx

I am not sure if you can access to the data, the diadochi one its the game named "diaconos", a misspelled Diadocos from the creator of the game.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Thorgal
    Nope, i have to register. But i can wait for your report, and there's no hurry.

Only 21 turns? In your thread it seems to be much more. Good role play!

Registrierter Benutzer
    The slow pace is becouse of our apt mod,you must know that with so may civs in war, we must play one after another, with turns of 72 or 96 hours at the beginning, now the pace will be faster, some of the diadochi have signed peace.

This is the turn order right now, we can see it in the web, but the mod doesnt let us to enter out of order. This means that first Seleuco must play his turn, then Demetrius and after that Lysimaco. And so all players.
    Angehängte Grafiken Angehängte Grafiken
    Geändert von koningtiger (14. Februar 2013 um 09:27 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer
    Well, i can tell you how are things around my lands, i cant talk about others.

At the beginning Ptolemy troops took Tyro without too much problemas, losses in either side (4 or 5 each one) but nothing big. Once Tyro assured, the Seleucid cut the road towards Antiochi, i went south against Petra, when i arrived i saw a big seleucid army inside the city. He had moved his babilonian army agaisnt Petra after conquering the barbarian city south of Babilonia.

A great battle was fought, with heavy losses in each side, plague and all kind of events, but finally Ptolemy was the winner.

In the sea, i took a sizeble fleet and part of the Tyro army and went west taking Rodas. Now, with a big army there it will be hard to conquer.

The Petra army went more south across Arabia and took off Hadramut from seleucid hands. Now a heavy fighting is happening there, i have lost Keraunnos, a general brother of my current leader Ptolemy II and some troops, but the seleucid army is camped over a tile with plague, lets see if i will be able of resist there.

In the other fronts, i know Parthian army has been crushed while was attacking Persepolis, now i have to fight with part of that seleucids.

Seleucids have taken some cities in Anatolia, one or two pontic.

Antigonids (ruled by the best spanish pitboss player) and Tracians ara fighting a bloody war with some bad luck and rebellions on each size, i could have taken Creta, but Rodes was more atractive to me.

Free greeks have changed 2 times of side, with the consecuent madness. I think if we play again we will take off vassals, in Ptolemaic case, Egypt only is used for giving experience to Seleucid troops. It would be better give some cities to Ptolemy and make rest of Egypt independent, or all Egypt independent for taking it in an easy way. In Pyrro case is worse, each changing side from that civ has been a mess, with forced peaces, forced wars, armys moved off frontiers and all that.

Rome is really in a bad situation, an early anarchy has caused his decline in all the game, Carthago armies has taken all coast until Narbo, romans are out of Sicily, and they are fighting barbarians in Genoa and the rest of Galia Cisalpina. Fighting illirians too.

The germans of rual are happy hunting uros and barbarian cities, perhaps they will be a problem in the future but for now, isnt contact with the south. Dacians are the masters of Illirya and fighting romans i think.

We had a Gaul player, but he left, for that is what i want to know if we can assign a human player to that civ now, we dont know how to make it.

And thats all for now. I know, a poor chronicle, but i cant post images, too much spies everywhere.

All in all, Ptolemaic Egypt is the best economic and Technologic civ, and Seleucid the best military (his traits and very good for that). Carthago is third in nearly all.

Beyond Mars Avatar von [VK]
    Zitat Zitat von koningtiger Beitrag anzeigen
    The slow pace is becouse of our apt mod,you must know that with so may civs in war, we must play one after another, with turns of 72 or 96 hours at the beginning, now the pace will be faster, some of the diadochi have signed peace.
    That's why we don't use some similar Mod in our PB Games. Doubleturns are forbidden by rules, but you can still switch the turn order if needed...

Registrierter Benutzer
    It´s better if the mod doesnt let you to play, usually the longer turns are only 48 hours max, two sides, but with all this initial wars, nearly all people in war we had to make this way. Because wars between diadochi were agaisnt all the rest.

¡Koningtiger, muchas gracias par la historia fascinante!

I'm looking forward to your next move.

Registrierter Benutzer
    I will post an update at 270 B.C., in 6 turns. Heavy fighting in Arabia right now. Between Hadramut and Saba.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Sorry for the delay. A lot of things to do in real life. I will try to post a small update about the Ptolemy II reign (285 - 246 BC). In short, Cartago and Seleucids are the power horse of the game until now, and i think this will be definitive.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Ptolemy II (285-246 BC)

This is the small chronicle of the reign of the son of the Great Ptolemy, with the same name as his father.

Under his rule, Egypt experienced a boom of culture and science. Philosophers, doctors, poets, all came together in Alexandria, the largest city in the world.

The Great Library, as an extension of the Museum, the completion of the colossal lighthouse on the island of Pharos and the creation of many schools run by Greek and Ionian scholars and created a truly global center of culture.

On the military and political side, the war he inherited from his father and his good trained army was used in the conquest of Petra and Rhodes, but a later expedition to the south of Arabia drove the army to the disaster, a big part of the troops were massacred by the Seleucids, more numerous and of better quality. That setback of Ptolemy II forced him to rethink its international policy. Not being a particularly combative ruler and seeing the shadow of Carthague grew in the west, signed the peace offered by Antiochus, son of Seleucus setting boundaries between Tyre and Antioch and between Petra and Hadramaut.

These relationships, if not friendly, at least calm with the powerful eastern neighbour allowed the purchase of a new Seleucid colony north of the island of Cyprus, which allowed the control of Cilicians excellent sailors, and attached to the foundation of another colony south of Petra contributed to expand its borders.

A new cult of the heroic deeds spread to every city in the Egyptian empire and its inhabitants became true heroes who led the country to new high levels of knowledge and constructions. The Empire was the beacon of world culture, one of the most productive and an army capable of defending its borders. But his neighbors were the most powerful, and the future was unclear.

Internationally, Carthage managed to sack Rome twice, with a powerful fleet and taking advantage that roman leaders wanted their part of Gaul sack carthaginians disembarked in lightning attacks that left the fledgling empire peninsular in a difficult situation.

Carthage also dominated all of Iberia and par of Gaul, becoming a formidable and fearsome neighbour to the Egyptians.

The Seleucids, after taking all pontic lands and owning much of Asia Minor turned their eyes towards the rebels Parthians whose future seemed not very flattering. The war against Seleucus had been costly, but the Egyptians were right to pull out in time, could not have put up indefinitely against an enemy that size.

In northern lands Antigonus, Demetrius descendant snatched much of Lysimachus cities and took all the Illyrian Empire, and so Antigonus became the third rightful successor of Alexander.

Ptolemy II died in Memphis while trying to quell the plague that had emerged from the hinterlands of Egypt. And so the world was that sad thirty-ninth year of his reign.

His son took the double crown and he was proud of his father deeds. His name was Ptolemy too, the third of his name.

Nice summary. It reads like an ancient tale.

I think your doing a good job as Ptolemaic leader, the real Ptolemy would be proud. .... beside the accident with himself. Did the General really die from a plague?
    Or was this just a kind of historical decoration of your story?

And what the hell is going on in the western Mediterranean? Carthage, the real Roman enemy!

Registrierter Benutzer
    No, the general its alive, 246 is the real dead date of Ptolemy II, i am trying to make a semi-historical chronicle, we are roleplaying. The plague its in game.

Well, the west is a bit affected by human and AI civs. We had no iberian human, nor massilian one, and the gaul one left some months ago. The romans had very bad luck in the beginning, so Carthague has all iberia, half gaul for himself and the massilians as vassals.

Same matter with Pontic, Illirian and Briton civs, this would have been a real good game with all that civs in human hands.

Besides that, i think Seleucid and Romans are the real powerhorses of the scenario, its not balanced of course, but its really fun from a historical point of view and if people plays with a bit of roleplay spirit.

I have some advises about city placement if you have to change something. Above all, Byblos is a northern city than Tyrus. The city of Syria doesnt seem very real. Perhaps Aleppo?

It's been a while, but thanks koningtiger! I relocated Byblos and Tyrus and changed the name of Syria into Nisibis, which had some importance under the Seleucids. Aleppo didn't match to the geographical position. Also I did some minor changes, like replacement of some units and some promotion for the general units. The update is included in patch 6. Hope you'll like it.

How is the war going on? I spied a bit at your forum and read something about Christianity, which entered the game. Did I get it right?

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hi to everyone. I'll continue the story

Yes, thorgal. Carthage found Christianity in Carthage Nova and spread to my cities in the same turn

Continuing koning's story, Thracian have been destroyed by Antigonids. And Antigonid Empire covers Thracia, Macedonia, Illyria, Pontus Euxinus' coast and Greece. Seleucid Empire won the war against the parthians. Parthians surrended and the Seleucid are his hegemon.
    In the west, the Germans (me) offers his service as mercenaries to help Romans in his war with Gauls, although Germans warriors threatened in his borders with an invasion.
    Rome doesn't accept extortion and besides skimped on technologies that I demand for my services. Rome wanted me declare war on Carthage instead of Gauls. That's a pity. Carthage offered me all his technology to declare war on Rome. Undoubtedly, I accept Carthage's proposition and invaded Roman territory.
    From here, both Germans and Carthaginians combats was easy, except the battle against Julius Caesar. Once Julius died, Italy was Carthaginian and practically Romans destroyed. A few turns later Rome was destroyed and his territory divided. Italy and South Gaul for Carthaginians, East Gaul, Mediolanum and Ravenna for Germans.

In Salamis had a Macedonian congress for the "world destiny". Seleucids, Antigonids and Ptolemies decided in the first moment a war against Carthaginians and Germans empires. But Seleucid take his army to Antigonids borders and Carthage's diplomacy sweet-talk to them. From here, all civ diplomatics and the thracian leader emerged as god Ares exchanged opinions of the others civs, searching War. 10 pages of conversations more or less
    Finally, the War came. Seleucids declared war to Antigonids. In defensive pacts Ptolomeo declares war to Seleucids. In a pre-agreement with Antigonids, Germans mobilized his army to declare war to Seleucids. Carthage stay to expectation.
    Seleucids took Byzantium and rapidly negotiated peace faced the threat of German army. The peace come back to the world. And this time the Macedonian empires sign defensive pacts among them.
    Meanwhile, Gauls threatened both Carthaginian and Germans borders. Carthage declared war on Gauls, and Germans thought this as a expansionist war about West Gaul. Germans declared war on Gauls too, to prevent Carthage expansion. But it was only a misunderstanding and Carthage firm pace with Gauls after conquered Burdigala.
    Now, Boudica declared war on Germans and tried to unload in Belgiae (5 Rams and 1 disc chariot). I conquered the most part of Gaul (soon will be Franks), only remain a Gaul's city.
    Also, two events of barbarians (Goths and Huns) seemed dangerous. About all, the second one that raised a Antigonid city. We are in turn 81.

My empire covers from Gaul to Poland, Scandinavia, Helvetia, Mediolanum and Ravenna. I tried to become Berserker units in part of my elite's units but I failed.

Greetings!

Hi Rual, great to see you here!

What a progress. A total war in ancient time with all diplomatic options I can imagine.
    Brilliant! I think it's fun to play, especially for you as leader of the Germans.

If you didn't get Elite units till now to form Bersekers, you'll get some sooner or later. Patience, you must have young padawan.

Seite 9 von 10 ErsteErste ... 5678910 LetzteLetzte