APO has finally played and sent their turn to CFC, which in turn has alerted us that they will need over a day to play. When posting APO made a cryptic excuse to us ?!?

If is never easy to tell if APO is up to something or just want to scare us a bit.

I made this post in the UN when lucky asked us if we knew why APO+CFC would take so long to play. I tried to make an analysis of the situation...

If you want medium to long term worries I can name a few.

First off, military. Our continent is hard to defend, too many inlets. While we got the north covered pretty well, we lack much in the south, as have been demonstrated so clearly the last couple of turns. A massive landing somewhere would surely give us trouble. Especially if they land with cavalry.

Second, economy and production. APO+CFC are bigger than us. I fear they will remains so for quite some time. We have the better land but it will take a long time to develop it.

Third, techs. Someone got chemistry in 800ad, after that nothing. If they wanted banking or physics, they should have at least one of them by now. They can have military tradition by 880 if they want to. APO can probably even do it alone. If that's their plan it makes perfect sense to stop other research to hoard cash for upgrades. Would explain why noones invented banking or physics yet.

I am in desperate search of a sensible long-term strategy here.