Seite 1 von 8 12345 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 112

Thema: New Admin

Verteidigungsminister Avatar von bongo

New Admin

Another issue has come up

I don't know what it is but some guy at poly has started a search for a new admin.(about time)

FortyJ was suggested. I don't know him but appearantly he has been a president at the CFC team.

Posted by FortyJ

I received your PM and I am honored by your request.

However, unlike the C3C contest, in which I have not participated as a member of any one team, I have had some extensive involvement in this game. Specifically, I had served as President of one of the teams for a substantial number of turns.

Because of this, even though I have not been associated with this contest for quite some time, there may be some members of some teams that would not be 100% comfortable with my ability to act impartially. Even though I would do my very best to make all actions and decisions without bias, my previous involvement may taint whatever decisions I make and thus possibly taint the outcome of the game.

I wish you luck with your search. If you are unable to locate a replacement, and if all teams are comfortable with me serving as admin given my past involvement in this game, I would be willing to reconsider your request.

Thank you and good luck.

FortyJ

Any comments?
    Der letzte Zugführer* des Deutschen Webring Teams, Sieger der ISDG ( *I was zugführer for like 3 months, that's...4 turns? )

Trying to improve my german but laziness keeps getting in the way...

Tanzt Avatar von zerialienguru
    Hab auch schon überlegt, ob wir nicht einen neuen Admins brauchen.
    Wobei, wenn wir schon drüber diskutieren, wären zwei nicht verkehrt, damit wenigstens immer einer zur Stelle ist.

btw: ich denke Apo regt sich über unsere zugestelle Küste auf

Zitat Zitat von zerialienguru
    btw: ich denke Apo regt sich über unsere zugestelle Küste auf
    My thoughts as well.
    Der letzte Zugführer* des Deutschen Webring Teams, Sieger der ISDG ( *I was zugführer for like 3 months, that's...4 turns? )

Do they suspect us of cheating?

Just did a check on the old threads. We got word from GCA that poly had or were researching astronomy in 620ad, we started building the flammburg reserve in 630ad. (or was it 610 and 620?)

Versteh ich nicht

Just a thought...

They may have been planning an invasion for quite some time, only to find we are prepared, when they thought our forces were down south.

Makes it easy to suspect us of opening the save the turn they got navigation...

Oh well, it's probably something else. They should be smart enough to realize we would be waiting for them. Can't imagine them complaining over our unit wall either.

I'm in their irc-room now btw, quiet...

No, bigfree just arrived

Frag ihn mal vorsichtig aus

Weiß auch nicht, der Einheitenwall ist nu wirklich nicht besonders groß, aber ein anderer Grund fällt mir nicht, von den Ansaren wissen sie nichts

Pirat Avatar von Flati
    aber wenn die jetzt unsren "EInheitenwall" gesehen haben, haben wir ja Glück gehabt da stand ja Apo schon wirklich vor der Haustür (ist natürlich alles rein spekulativ)
    Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet darf diese behalten :)

Original geschrieben von robertinho:
    "Asterix und Flati stehen für solide Kompetenz und Verlässlichkeit."

Well, the wall is not very big(as zeri said) what if we just happened to put it where we neede to?

Not much info to gain there....they are *almost* sure it's not a bug.

And we keep on waiting

Ohne Worte
    Lucky(20:50 PM) :
    "hilfe, einheiten an der küste! Aber wenn nur Einheiten dort sind wo wir landen wollen, dann ist das doch seeeeeehr merkwürdig. Die haben bestimmt wieder geschummelt! ... Lasst uns den Admin vollheulen. Warte, kein Admin da, wir brauchen einen Neuen zum Vollheulen!!"

Pirat Avatar von Flati
    oh man langsam regen die mich auf erst Neta jetzt APo...

das wir nicht die schlechtesten Spieler sind dürften die auch mitbekommen haben und das wir uns zu verteidigen wissen. Das betrifft auch das wir gefährdete Küsteabschnitte zustellen.

Another post from poly, I'd say they basically confirmed the existence of an invasion fleet by now

Zitat Zitat von Kloreep
    Okay, it's high time we got to the disclosure part.

A member of our team was concerned about possible inconsistencies on GWT's part. He was not satisfied with the investigation, or rather current lack thereof, and decided to take matters in to his own hands by opening our 730 AD save and taking a different move with a unit than had actually been played out. (This member's future status needs to be discussed with GWT and whoever becomes admin.)

Note that he did not share specific information about what he saw. Nevertheless, this is why an immediate admin replacement would be helpful; we cannot disclose all of our information to GWT to reassure them this should not effect the game, but we can to an admin, who can then tell GWT whether or not they believe the game can proceed unhindered.

My reply, hope that's enough for them
    Zitat Zitat von bongo
    I *think* I have an idea of what this is all about.

During our turn 720ad, we *had* a major screw-up. Our zugführer didn't read the threads he were supposed to, resulting in some units not moving where they should until next turn.

To someone looking at the game from above(like the person who did the reload) it would have looked very strange indeed. The 'inconsistencies' were simply a result of a human making a mistake.
    Sorry to drag you into this Preussi

Pirat Avatar von Flati
    Hab ich das jetzt richtig verstanden das ein Apomitglied gecheatet hat und was gesehen hat was es hätte nicht sehen dürfen?

It certainly looks that way.

My guess is that APO was ready to land this turn, only to find the coast blocked. One of their members then opened their previous save(presumably without the teams approval) and was very disturbed by whay he found(no unit blockade). So disturbed he reported to his team that he suspected that we had done something 'funny', like opening the save from within another game to view polys forces.

Seite 1 von 8 12345 ... LetzteLetzte