Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 16

Thema: [ENGLISH] Welcome to our forum!

ausgetreten
    Gast

Smile [ENGLISH] Welcome to our forum!

Bild

In this topic we would like to greet all international fans of "Pandora:First Contact" the inofficial successor of "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri". Welcome to the Pandora section of Civforum!

Pandora players from Germany, Austria, Switzerland and other can find a German speaking community for their game here. However, we would also like to invite international players to our community and you will find a lot of English speakers among us. Civforum is an independent forum but here in this section for Pandora we're working together closely with the developers from Proxy Studios and with the publisher Slitherine.

As of now most of our content is German obviously. But we want to provide a platform for English players as well and you are more than welcome to add content! When our international community grows bigger we will be happy to provide more topics in English and later maybe even a whole subforum for Pandora in English.

For now please use this topic to communicate freely in English. But also don't hesitate to write in other topics (see list below) if your question fits there. As mentioned earlier most of us speak English well enough to help you.

However, before you can write here you will need to register at our forum. The short registration is in German and requires an answer to a random question in German. To register please click on the registration button in the upper right corner and follow the short tutorial at the end of this post. Finish your registration by clicking on the activation link sent to you by email. You will find the link right below the following line in that email:
    "Um deine Registrierung abzuschließen, klicke bitte auf folgenden Link:"

Bild

Bild
    Angehängte Grafiken Angehängte Grafiken
    Geändert von ausgetreten (18. Mai 2015 um 12:33 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer
    I'm surrendering my soul to ze germans
    Ceterum censeo Zeckenem esse claudendam.

ausgetreten
    Gast

Registrierter Benutzer
    Guten tag fellow german pandorian player

Very nice to see some animation here!

I would love to join one of your MP game soon, but my time zone (I am 6 or 7 hours ahead of Germany) and my crap internet connection might make it challenging, as Zakor can testify :-)

Anyway I would love to give it a try nevertheless, don't hesitate posting your planned game time here so me and other english speakers can try to hook up! Also if you are looking for a player, don't hesitate hitting me on Steam, my pseudo is boulugre .
    Geändert von Boulugre (19. Februar 2014 um 05:23 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hello and welcome to our forums! It's good to see players from "abroad" find their ways to us. In case you have any questions, especially because everything's so German in here, feel free to ask at any time. But beware: The peacefulness will come to an end once we face each other on Pandora.

ausgetreten
    Gast
    Hi Boulugre! Glad to see you found your way to us here.

Damn it would be nice if you could also join our tournament. But the ping problem (and your work) could make this impossible.
    But there's still some time left before we start so maybe we can find a solution until then.

Registrierter Benutzer
    We might just give it a try and see if the latency really is that bad. I think the even bigger problem might be the time difference. Whenever we want to play in the evenings, it's almost morning at his place. So this will make compromises necessary.

ausgetreten
    Gast
    Well maybe my connection had some influence but in the game we played I had to wait ~4 seconds at the beginning of every turn before I could do or move anything. This was and will be deadly in war times. If someone else hosts the game then Boulugre will have that heavy handicap.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Ah, I didn't know the two of you already know each other and have played together.

Registrierter Benutzer
    I really don't mind having a high ping on my side, but I wouldn't want to deteriorate the speed and quality of your game on your side. I played a 3 player game with 2 european players ( I was not hosting) and despite my high ping the game was stable and i actually manage to do rather well.

I guess the best way is to give a game a try and see how it goes ;-)

ausgetreten
    Gast
    Well if you will see Monaldinio's nukes pouring down on your stack you will wish to be able to move faster.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Monaldinio
    Zitat Zitat von Boulugre Beitrag anzeigen

I guess the best way is to give a game a try and see how it goes ;-)
    Yes, i think we should try!
    Conflict on Chiron - Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri vs. Call to Power!

Neu Version Conflict on Chiron v3.4 BETA - 16.01.16

Patch1 - 07.04.16

Die deutschen Sounds und Wunderfilme sind bereits in der MainFile integriert!
    Ihr könnt sofort loslegen.

Über Feedback würde ich mich freuen...

Registrierter Benutzer
    Did write few small mods if you intrested you can find them here.

ausgetreten
    Gast
    Siema

Yes, I saw them. Blackarchon with whom you had contact there is also a user of our forum.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hello!

So, I am a old SMAC(X) fanatic, and new to Pandora. I just played for about 10 years, and the first thing that started to bother me was that even the biggest world size is quite small. 48x48? I had contact with AI factions almost immediately, and they soon declared war on me. I'd like to have more space and later conflict. Is it possible to modify the world sizes?

I know I can also achieve later conflict by reducing the number of players, but eh. I like big playing areas and the variety of having many factions.

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte