In this topic we would like to greet all international fans of "Pandora:First Contact" the inofficial successor of "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri". Welcome to the Pandora section of Civforum!
Pandora players from Germany, Austria, Switzerland and other can find a German speaking community for their game here. However, we would also like to invite international players to our community and you will find a lot of English speakers among us. Civforum is an independent forum but here in this section for Pandora we're working together closely with the developers from Proxy Studios and with the publisher Slitherine.
As of now most of our content is German obviously. But we want to provide a platform for English players as well and you are more than welcome to add content! When our international community grows bigger we will be happy to provide more topics in English and later maybe even a whole subforum for Pandora in English.
For now please use this topic to communicate freely in English. But also don't hesitate to write in other topics (see list below) if your question fits there. As mentioned earlier most of us speak English well enough to help you.
However, before you can write here you will need to register at our forum. The short registration is in German and requires an answer to a random question in German. To register please click on the registration button in the upper right corner and follow the short tutorial at the end of this post. Finish your registration by clicking on the activation link sent to you by email. You will find the link right below the following line in that email:
"Um deine Registrierung abzuschließen, klicke bitte auf folgenden Link:"
- In our virtual inn "Zum Xenomorphen" you will quickly get in touch with other players.
- Programmer Lorenz Ruhmann will help you with technical problems in the support thread
- We show Pandora to you in our video specials, for example in a thorough review and interviews in which Lorenz talks about the plans of the developers
- Let's Plays and stories - for ex. by Piruparka, Atalja (+Atalja's second story) or Zak0r - demonstrate how Pandora looks like
- We're helping new Pandora users to get into the game in Monaldinio's tips and tricks for beginners, a Mini-Tutorial from Zak0r and in Tracyina's video tutorial
- All who like to play multiplayer games will find players and a tutorial video for the multiplayer mode
- At our live-evenings on twitch.tv we're streaming multiplayer matches and after the game we're publishing the live-recordings on YouTube; on the first three events on the 6th of february, 7th of March and 30th of May even the developer Lorenz Ruhmann pitted his skill against us. The next even is planned for September.
- Modders can exchange views about their projects and support each other
- BlackArchon is currently developing an international first big mod and amongst other things he is introducing the factions known from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
- AIL is currently engaged as a freelancer in futher developing the game and especially its AI. He's offering his intermediate steps here for testing purposes.
- We have organized two MP tournaments, Pandora: First Cup and Pandora: Open.
- We have smaller singleplayer challenges: Game of the Month (suspended) and I'm better than you! (suspended)