Ergebnis 46 bis 60 von 70

Thema: Ellis' Colonies IV

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey

Post Spain Autumn 1632

No news
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Metropolis
    Gast
    Sweden announces that a promising peace treaty has been sealed between Sweden and the Hapsburgs' Empire (AI).

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    no news
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    Ich hab ein Problem
    Ich kann keine neuen Städte gründen wegen "Zu vielen Städten"!
    Es geht doch in den Scen um das kolonisieren - das ist doch Mist. was nun?

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    In derMPPlayersNotes steht schon, dass nur wenige neue Städte möglich sind. E
    4) The scenario starts off with most of the maximum number of 255 cities already founded. You ought to be OK for the first few turns/years, but soon you will get the "Too many cities!" message when you try to found more. The way around this is to destroy the Native cities, and then found your own on the same turn. If you leave it longer, another player will probably have stepped in already, even if computer-controlled. Most of the Native cities cannot be taken, but they can be eliminated. This simulates the Colonists' need/desire to oust the Natives from around their new colony sites. The Native settlements in North America, particularly, are no pushovers. You will probably need several high-value attackers to wipe a tribe out (or Heavy Artillery).
    Elli schlägt als Ausweg vor, die Eingeborenenstädte zu zerstören und im selben Zug eine neue Stadt zu gründen.

Alternative: Civunlimited (we should discuss)
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    Zitat Zitat von Cobra Beitrag anzeigen
    In derMPPlayersNotes steht schon, dass nur wenige neue Städte möglich sind. E

Elli schlägt als Ausweg vor, die Eingeborenenstädte zu zerstören und im selben Zug eine neue Stadt zu gründen.

Alternative: Civunlimited (we should discuss)
    Danke für die schnelle Antwort, Cobra

Dann machen wir das mal so wie Elli sich das vorstellt.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Spanish forces capture pirates. Local Governor pays modest reward.
    Independent capital moved to Cologne.
    French capture Ajaccio.

Post Spain Spring 1633

No news

Metropolis
    Gast
    Colberg taken.

Even though I sealed a peace treaty with the Hapsburgs last round I found myself at war with them now. I therefore attacked them and they activated their treaty with Spain (but I was already at war with them - I don't understand how they can activate an ally if our status was WAR already and I didn't declare it ).
    Nevertheless, it's therefore easy to trace the source of aggression back to the Spanish throne, assuming Spain bribed the Hapsburgs to break the peace treaty and continue the war. This is a clumsy but deliberate provocation against Sweden. We insist on Spain to declare its aims at once or otherwise bear the consequences.

Metropolis
    Gast
    I did. You wash your hands of responsibility, don't you? However, the status of war between our nations is pending due to the event I described before. How should we go on in such a standoff? How would Spain react if her trust got betrayed in the same shameless way as Sweden's good will was abused?

Look pal, I have had no involvement with the Hapsburgs. I can't be any clearer than that. If something has happened could it be due to an event or some over unpredictable game mechanic. If you are looking for an excuse to wage war against Spain then just come right out and say it. No need to pussy foot around the issue

Registrierter Benutzer
    I'm fairly certain that Spain hasn't tried to engineer any war by using the Hapsburgs. The much more likely explanation is that the Hapsburgs simply declared war on Sweden -- MGE AI does that (which is why I play classic where possible). Then, since the AI controls foreign player actions during a hotseat game, the Spanish respected the alliance.

The event of the Spanish bribing the Hapsburgs is unlikely, in my opinion. In the first place, my foreign affairs report indicates that the Hapsburgs are at war with the Swedes, and the Spanish turn is after the French turn (I think this statement confirms impossibility). Second, the Spendthrift Spanish have but 50 gold in their treasury, and so would have had to sell off buildings for the sole purpose of engineering a war.

Third, I am familiar with the tactic of getting a war by asking another power to declare war, at least in single player with the classic AI. It is used to circumvent the senate and avoid reputation hits. If you ask a power to declare war on an enemy, you rely on the enemy "discovering your betrayal" and immediately declaring war, not on a combat that activates your alliance. In the Swedish case, the Spanish would have had to pay the Hapsburgs and somehow have the Swedes not discover the betrayal (I don't know the likelihood of this).

I'm really not smart enough to engineer any of that

Metropolis
    Gast
    Well, Sweden will let the Spanish get away scot-free this time and have a narrow escape. We will ignore the war status imposed on us, but we strongly urge Spain to keep to the etiquette.
    The Riksdag

Cobra/English next.

Seite 4 von 5 ErsteErste 12345 LetzteLetzte