Seite 2 von 5 ErsteErste 12345 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 16 bis 30 von 70

Thema: Ellis' Colonies IV

Registrierter Benutzer

France 1630

Here's the game. I hope I set it up right.

Used Pirate to kill a Caribs unit.

As my Chevaliers ride past the Spanish, our cease-fire expires (after I refused negotiations).

As I end my turn, the CTRL-N order is grey; I hope this means that all units have 0 movement left.

Questions:

Is pre-charging settlers allowed?

Is it required to have permission before delivering to foreign cities, or is smuggling considered to be part of the time period?
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hello Professor Garfield, welcome to the forum!

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    Welcome Professor! I recognize your name from Civ Fanatics.

Pre-charging engineers is allowed. You can trade freely, but if a nation puts an embargo on your goods you have to respect it. Normally at the start of a game the various nations make trade agreements via personal messages or by announcing their stance in a post.

I have not really played this scenario properly before, but in general the first rule of PBEM's is to trade like hell!

I will see if I can get this first turn done this evening. The first one is usually quite a long one, setting up economies etc...

Could someone check the save. Something seemed wrong with the way it is set up, but I don't know enough about network games to tell what. It doesn't seem like the players are all added as they would be in a hotseat game.

Registrierter Benutzer
    It's very possible that I did something wrong. I could set the game up again as a hotseat game if that is preferred.

However, try this:

Multiplayer Game.

Network Game.

TCP/IP.

Load a Saved Multiplayer Game.

Select FranceAutumn1630.net

Enter a "Net Name."

Enter a "Game Name."

Select "Waiting for Players" and press "Start Game."

Select the Spanish.

You should run through city production and then be able to move units, change production, etc.

Post Spain Autumn 1630

Spain wishes to bring an end to the war against the United Provinces. Our energies are better of directed towards the new world. Will you accept?

We welcome free trade with all nations and ask the same in return.

Spain is allied with the Hapsburg Empire and we consider Portugal, Morocco and the southern and central parts of the Americas to be our sphere of influence.

I have changed the file from network to hotseat and it all seems to work properly. I hope that is Ok with everyone. Sorry it took so long to get this first turn done. The next one will be a lot quicker!

Registrierter Benutzer
    The French open all ports and border towns to free trade from all nations with which we have a permanent peace agreement. We ask, however, that foreign ships ensure that they do not block access to French ports. Additionally, access to interior cities will usually be allowed, subject to a negotiated fee for using French roads.

The French are also willing to place Toll Bridges in cities upon request (and suitable lead time), but we will expect compensation for such effort.

The French believe that in order for a nation to own an island in the Caribbean, it must have a military unit or settlement on that island. Additionally, a colony can only claim a fishing ground by using it. In short, building colonies on islands in the radius of other cities is allowed, as is using fishing grounds in the radius of other cities.

We ask that any nation that has different beliefs about the Caribbean Islands state them as soon as possible, so that differences can be resolved peacefully.

The French are eager to resolve the ambiguous diplomatic situation with the Spanish. We welcome permanent peace with the Spanish, and will recognize Spanish dominance in Portugal, Morocco, and the Central and Southern Americas upon confirmation of such an agreement.

The French claim Avignon, Nice, Geneva, and Ajaccio as part of our sphere of influence. We also claim all territory north of the Saint Lawrence River, and invite anyone who disputes this claim to establish a settlement there.

The French will not respect a claim to the cities of Strasbourg, Zurich, or Berne, unless they are actually captured.

Spain agrees with Frances claims and its offer of a permanent peace. Our eyes are drawn across the Atlantic and the cities of gold!

Registrierter Benutzer
    When looking through the events file (and then checking the Multiplayer notes again) I found out that colonists are not created by events in this version. I think that Sappers are meant to replace them, based on this passage:

1) You can't build Colonists (a settler-type unit) at all. You start off with a few, but no more are raised by events, as in the SP game. You can, however, build Sappers as noted at the beginning, and these can act as Colonists, Farmers or Field Engineers, but are expensive to build. Farmers are now cheaper to build, to make them more useful.
    Earlier in the thread, it was agreed that Sappers could not build cities. Unless we want to greatly limit colonization until the 1700s, it might be desirable to lift that restriction. That, however, makes farmers useless, because they have the same cost as Sappers, so it might be worthwhile to adjust the costs of those units as well.

Other questions:

Can Slaves build cities? (I assume not)

Does diplomacy with AI civilizations work as normal?

Can a nation's pirates and privateers be attacked (or attack) even if the two nations are otherwise at peace?

Are there any restrictions on declaring war (like wait one turn before attacking)?

I agree about the sappers. I don't think slaves should be able to build cities. You can speak to the AI and make peace and alliances etc.. You cannot swap techs or extort money from them. Interesting question about privateers. Could make the game a bit more interesting if they can attack without it resulting in all out war. I would vote for declaring war on one turn then attacking the next.

Metropolis
    Gast
    Sweden is in the ring. No interference by anyone in Denmark and Norway will be accepted. Sweden is the rightful owner of Scandinavia and is on its way to recreate the Northern empire of Knut the Great.

The United Provinces are treated as brothers, anyone else as friend... as long as they remain our friends.
    We know relationship with Hapsburg is troublesome, but Sweden is ready to end the 30-years war untimely. Maybe an agreement on wiping out the independent cities in Central Europe would compensate the Swedish presence so close to the very heart of Austria.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    Englands ports are open for everybody
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    Holland wants to live in peace with all nations.

Registrierter Benutzer
    L'Academie Francaise completes their comprehensive study:

'The MOST ADVANCED Civilizations in the World'

The Glorious Civilization of the United Provinces
    The Great Civilization of the Swedes
    The Fine Civilization of the Spanish
    The Mediocre Civilization of the English
    The Puny Civilization of the Independents
    The Pathetic Civilization of the French
    The Hopeless Civilization fo the Hapsburg Empire