Ellis' Colonies IV

Independent (AI)
    Hapsburgs (AI)
    French (Ingvar)
    Spanish (McMonkey)
    Swedes (Cupcoffee)
    English (Cobra)
    Dutch (Karlheinz)

I know I'll be heading out for a few days, but I thought I could give you all the chance to try this classic scenario again, it tends to take a few days to get these things started anyway.
    It's complex and not all nations are equal here so I'd recommend you take a good look at it before joining.

As for house rules, I'm open to suggestions, as well as tweaks.
    For example, one thing that caught my eye was that the artillery and revetted forts are designated as trade units, which means anybody could potentially build an infinite amount of them for any city, so we might want to take a look at fixing that, either through limitations or perhaps giving them the role of settlers to make the upkeep.

Also, I picked Sweden for obvious reasons, but I'm willing to pick someone else if it will get the game started.
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von cupcoffee (02. Mai 2012 um 22:07 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer
    I'd like to join this game, I think I'll pick France.

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    Give me the Dutch, please.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    I´ll take England. But I have to announce that I´m on vacations from 25th to 30th of April and from 29th of may to 13th of june
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee
    Any ideas on house rules other than the regular ones?
    Any thoughts on how we deal with fortresses?

I think the furs and trade goods units should be the exceptions to the re-homing rule for trade units. The furs because they all start out as NONE anyway, and the trade goods as the Spanish and Dutch only have a limited amount, and can't make use of the furs to generate trade.
    Company traders should not be re-homed, however.

Concerning cities, you shouldn't be allowed to build new cities in Europe or Africa, only rebuild razed ones, and since city space is limited, you shouldn't intentionally starve your European cities so that you can build a new city in the New World. Make sure to always build the non-combatant improv first as well if it gets destroyed during a conquests.
    Only colonists and Farmers can be used to found a city.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I don't really know this scenario very well so I can't really suggest anything. I'm happy to go with the flow.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee
    I've uploaded the rules so that castles/forts/fortresses are no longer counted as diplomatic or trade units.
    Still I'd suggest we should at have some kind of limit to how many you can have in one city. How does a maximum of three sound?

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    Who has to start? France?
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Registrierter Benutzer
    I will not play this game tonight. Now I must sleep.

Registrierter Benutzer
    I´m sorry, but I don't think I can handle this scenario.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hello.

I'm relatively new to this forum (I've been reading up on these games on and off for a few months), but I've been on the English Civfanatics site in the Civ 2 forums for many years.

I'm experienced at single player, but I've never played multiplayer (play by email or otherwise). I'd like to join this game if you have room.

I've had a look at this scenario and played as the Dutch until about West India Company and Flintlocks. I've also revealed the entire map at the start of the scenario to look around (if that bothers you). I don't mind playing Hapsburgs or Independent; in some sense I'd prefer to use one of them (a little less pressure to do well on my first game). If you need someone for one of the main powers, I'm willing to play any of them (although it might be best not to make it a power that is likely to affect game balance).

Prof. Garfield

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    Zitat Zitat von Prof. Garfield Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello.

I'm relatively new to this forum (I've been reading up on these games on and off for a few months), but I've been on the English Civfanatics site in the Civ 2 forums for many years.

I'm experienced at single player, but I've never played multiplayer (play by email or otherwise). I'd like to join this game if you have room.

I've had a look at this scenario and played as the Dutch until about West India Company and Flintlocks. I've also revealed the entire map at the start of the scenario to look around (if that bothers you). I don't mind playing Hapsburgs or Independent; in some sense I'd prefer to use one of them (a little less pressure to do well on my first game). If you need someone for one of the main powers, I'm willing to play any of them (although it might be best not to make it a power that is likely to affect game balance).

Prof. Garfield
    Hello

welcome to the forum.
    You can join into the scenario. Take the French and start the game.
    Have fun.

Seite 1 von 5 12345 LetzteLetzte