Seite 6 von 7 ErsteErste ... 234567 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 76 bis 90 von 101

Thema: The Spanish Civil War (McMonkey vs Jerec)

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Jerec

Columns of Nationalist Infantry are spotted by Nieuport 52 scouts moving through a previously unnoticed route to bypass the trenches defending Teruel and Sagunto. Amidst a moment of panic, troops and Engineers erect a hasty plug in this near-disastrous gap.

1 submarine and 1 Supply ship sunk in the Mediterranean.

1 transport ship sunk just outside the port of Almeria.
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien
    "Cease firing, but if any enemy planes appear, shoot them down in a friendly fashion." -Admiral William Halsey

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    Sorry for the delay. I have been working the early shift at work this week and I'm pretty tired when I get home, plus the weather is sweltering, I promise to play as soon as I can!

Take your time.
    "Cease firing, but if any enemy planes appear, shoot them down in a friendly fashion." -Admiral William Halsey

Post Nationalists May 1937

Calatayud captured. One Civil Guard unit destroyed. Also one Engineer unit near Teruel bombed.

Observation: I seem to be randomly losing improvements from my cities. Marketplaces, Factories and Bullrings are noticeably missing, other improvements less obviously so. I have no clue what's causing this.

2 Heinkel-He 51s destroyed south of Calatayud, 1 Dewoitine lost (both Heinkels were destroyed by 1 Dewoitine because the terrain wasn't stackable. If not making these mountains stackable like others was an oversight, feel free to cheat in a Heinkel.)

2 Nat Infantry caught behind the Republican defense lines south of Calatayud and destroyed by Catalan Infantry. (Didn't use bombers because I wasn't sure if the enemy fighters were destroyed legally or not.)

1 Legionario destroyed by shore bombardment in Elche.

A mix of 7 Nationalist Infantry, Legionarios and Regulares are destroyed in the hills south of Teruel after the fighter cover is shot down.

Post Nationalists June 1937

No fighting, all preparation!

I'm convinced this scenario would benefit from having half as many event created units. I like it but it takes so long to micromanage everything that the cut and thrust of the scenario is lost. Obviously I will need to look at the impact this will have on offence / defence, but I think it would make the scanario more fun to play. What do you think Jerec?

I think halving the units would certainly have the effects you mentioned. The only concern I can think of is that it will make rush-built units that much more important, in turn making industry more critical. If a player can double the number of quality defensive units he has by RBing Armored Cars to go alongside his tanks, that might just tip the balance for a player who is largely relying on event-given units. Just a thought.

Will hopefully work through this turn by Monday afternoon, until then RL has me in a corner.

1 AA cannon destroyed west of Calahorra by valiant Catalan Infantry venturing outside the Republican lines. They defiantly plink a few shots off of the Armored Trucks nearby.

1 Nationalist Supply ship caught trying to slip northward by vigilant Republican destroyers.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Dario
    Happy 1000 posts Jerec... I usually use to congratulate people when they get to one,two three thousand posts!

Post Nationalists July 1937

Two major battles take place in July. One in the south sees the Italian CTV capture Cartagena and the other in the north sees the Condor Legion and Falange take Bilbao!

The Italian CTV decides to attack Cartagena from the west, not because if has the best terrain for an attack, but because there are greater numbers of Bombers within range. The stack of 1 Republican Commander, 5 Communist Militia, 1 Assault Guard, 1 FT-17 Tank and 2 AA Cannons is destroyed at the cost of 2 veteran SM79, 2 veteran Ju52/3m, 1 He111, 3, Br.20, 1 75mm, 2 veteran Nationalist Infantry, 1 veteran Regulares and 2 Italian CTV. The city itself containing 1 AA Cannon and 1 Destroyer are destroyed at the cost of 2 veteran Nationalist Infantry. The Italian Corpo Truppe Volontarie. Thought the city is captured, the second stack remains as a thorn in the side of the Nationalist's southern flank.

With the build-up of troops around Burgos the Nationalists feel strong enough to take on the defences of the Cinturón de Hierro protecting Bilbao.

The spot selected for the attack is the bunker complex directly south of the city. The bunker, Gudaris, Civil Guard and AA Battery are destroyed for the loss of 1 155mm, 1 75mm, 1 He111, 2 veteran He70, 3 Condor Legion and 2 Falangists. Bilbao itself was now open to a combined air and land attack along the road from Vitoria. The garrison of 3 Gudaris, 4 Republican Infantry, 2 Armoured Cars, 1 N52, 1 Potez 540 and 2 Breguet 19s are destroyed at the cost of 1 He111, 1 Br.20, 1 He70 and 1 Panzer I. In the aftermath of the cities capture a great deal of Communist Militia attempt to break out of the encirclement. Six are destroyed. The only loss in this mopping up operation is one He51 which is lost in an accident.

With Zaragoza and Barcelona the only major cities still under Republican control the days of the Republic must surely be numbered. I have not seen any T-26s yet though! Jerec, thanks for being such a sport. This playtest is providing me with invaluable date and the final version will be that much better for the efforts we are putting in now.

My pleasure, McMonkey. They always say you learn the most when you're beaten. I'll be learning plenty from this.

Very busy right now, will hopefully finish the turn by tomorrow night or Saturday morning. I have an RL commitment tomorrow morning that has me completely tied down, and then a road trip after that.

Thanks Dario!

McMonkey, is there supposed to be a save attached to your latest post?

7 Italian CTVs destroyed in Cartagena.

1 Armored Car destroyed in Vitoria.

1 tank destroyed in Bilbao.

1 Requetes destroyed directly east of Vitoria, 2 destroyed midway between Vitoria and Pamplona for a cost of 2 Communist Militia and 4 veteran Gudaris. The dispirited surviving forces from the lost battle of Bilbao stream out of this new hole in the enemy lines to safety.

1 AA cannon and 6 Regulares bombed out of existence west of Sagunto, 3 covering fighters shot down by veteran Mosca pilots.

Observation: I didn't notice the air cover on 82,78 until after I had used my bombers, and even then wasn't completely sure which ground stack the fighters were meant to cover. Luckily I had enough veteran Moscas to take them out. Perhaps you could say which ground square is being "covered" by the nearby air units?

Post Nationalists August 1937

It really is getting hard to stay focused on my objectives when there are so many units to move. I think the game would benefit from less units overall. I think the cost of Civil Guards and Rep/Nat Infantry should also be increased a bit. I think it is realistic that the front lines have solidified after an initial period of movement, but if there are too many units it will turn into a pure war of attrition.

Irun captured with no losses. San Sebastian captured and the two Communits Militia that appeared were killed. The Civil Guard in Guernika was destroyed along with the FT-17 outside Bilbao and the Armoured Truck near Vitoria. In the trenches around Bilbao four Gudaris are annihilated for the loss of one veteran He-70.

North of Requena an air battle rages. The Republicans lose three I-16, one I-15 and one N52 for the Nationalists five CR-32. Those SB-2 are tough birds!

Seite 6 von 7 ErsteErste ... 234567 LetzteLetzte