Seite 2 von 7 ErsteErste 123456 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 16 bis 30 von 101

Thema: The Spanish Civil War (McMonkey vs Jerec)

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I have just noticed that all of my new units are veterans. I think I own the Sun Tzu (Army of Africa) wonder and you have the Great Wall (Cinturon de Hierro). For some reason the wonders descriptions are mixed up (the pictures are correct though). I will put that on my list of fixes. I wonder if Sun Tzu will be too big an advantage for the Nationalists. I guess a lot of units are event created, but I can still build quite a number of veterans and that might prove to be an unfair advantage. Perhaps I could include an event that will make the wonder obsolete (IE if the Republicans capture a certain city). I will also put that on my TO DO list to think about.

Playing the turn now.

Post Nationalists October 1936

La Coruna liberated but its industry has been destroyed by the raiding Republican troops. One Civil Guard and three Infantry destroyed.

Talavera, Salamanca and Avila liberated with no loss to either side. Ciudad Real is occupied. One Republican Infantry killed. One Communist Militia killed east of Almeria.

Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Jerec

Zaragosa is put under siege!

2 Mot Infantry destroyed in and near Talavera.

1 Legionario destroyed south of Avila.

2 Nat Infantry destroyed in Malaga and Motril.

1 Regulares destroyed in Almeria.
    "Cease firing, but if any enemy planes appear, shoot them down in a friendly fashion." -Admiral William Halsey

Post Nationalists November 1936

Talavera, Ciudad Real and Valdepeñas recaptured on the Old Castille front. No losses to either side.

In the Mediterranean one Submarine, one Destroyer, two Carvera Class Cruisers and one Espana Class Cruiser are sunk. One Junkers Ju52/3m Bomber lost.

Your lack of offensive maneuvers this turn is scaring me. I assume the Army of Africa is on the march again.

Junker Ju52/3m? So there's two kinds of Junkers? Interesting, they're not in the Civilopedia.

A question about House Rules regarding air cover: I want to put some Nieuport 52s on top of some stacks of units near Madrid. However, that would not let any of your land units attack the stacks. Shall I just have the Nieuports hover next to the stacks instead, and have a House Rule that the fighter must be shot down before bombers are used on the stack?

I've got a good amount of the turn done. Will post tonight or tomorrow.
    "Cease firing, but if any enemy planes appear, shoot them down in a friendly fashion." -Admiral William Halsey

I noticed yesterday that some units were missing from the Civiliopedia. That will get fixed. I need to make the graphics for the Ju52 Airlifter and the Ju52/3m bomber more distinct too.

I will do some testing with air protected stacks. If it is possible to get at the stack if you have the correct units available then they should be allowed. If they just become invulnerable then we will either need to alter the unit stats or come up with a house rule. Remember that in this scenario there is stackable terrain and aircraft can only attack once per turn. I will get back to you on this asap!

I have done some tweaking to the rules and testing and I think this works; All Fighter defence reduced by 1 and the 2 vs Air and Missile flag removed. I found that I could remove the air cover from air protected stacks on various terrain, but it would come at a price to my own fighters. This way you can cover your units, but they won't be invulnerable. Your enemy will have to decide whether it is a price worth paying to get at the stack! Let me know what you think.

Sounds like it would work; I'm just concerned about a scenario where one side doesn't have enough fighters to shoot the opponent's down. We only have a finite number given from events, and at some point only one side might have fighters. Then, fighters could make an invincible defense line with a weak ground unit under each.

Edit: The only way I can see around the problem above would be to not allow fighters on ground unit stacks, just have them hovering nearby, and a house rule saying that the stack can't be attacked by air units until that fighter nearby is shot down.

I remember having air units over stacks before, but this issue came to the forefront of my mind now, because the stacks I intend to cover are the ones directly blocking the path to Madrid, which I expect to be under attack in the next few turns.
    Geändert von Jerec (26. April 2012 um 21:10 Uhr)

Most of the turn is done, so I should be able to post tomorrow. As soon as we can figure out a solution to this little obstacle, anyway. It just doesn't make sense to me that a single fighter unit should be able to halt any number of ground units from attacking; it doesn't seem realistic and therefore unfair in any offensive you take.

Since this issue will most likely affect you first, I'll accept whatever solution you deem fair. In the meantime, I'll post a turn with the air units in the stacks, and an alternate with them absent.
    Geändert von Jerec (27. April 2012 um 07:15 Uhr)

Ok, the two save solution will give us time to think this problem over. I suppose one solution would be to allow both sides to build one fighter type later in the game when they may be running short. I would say the Fokker DXXI for the Republicans and the Fiat G.50 for the Nationalists. I know its not completely historically accurate, but sometimes the game-play must take precedence to get the overall feel right.

Zaragoza falls to the valiant Republican army, wiping out the stubborn defending garrison after heavy losses. A Nationalist General is taken and executed in the action.

2 vet Rep Infantry, 3 155mm Artillery and 2 vet AT Guns lost.

Spanish civil war (1936-1939)

The half-dozen battalions of decimated Catalan Infantry that survived the bloody storming of Zaragoza are dubbed veterans, spearhead of the nation's army.

In a desperate attempt to make a cohesive defense line for Bilbao, 2 Rep Infantry are lost in destroying 1 Requete south of Irun. Veteran Communist Militia finish hunting down the surviving Requetes in the woods.

1 Junkers Ju-52/3m shot down next to Almeria.

1 Supply Ship sunk trying to sneak through the blockade near Formentera.

Avila retaken.

Barcelona 5-Real Madrid 0 Avatar von Rebelious
    Jerec your turn at Zarclaw

I was wondering why the Communist Militia were so hard to kill so I checked the Civiliopedia and found out I have made a mistake with their HP/FP which should be 2/2 not 3/3. Even the mighty Army of Africa units are only 3/2 whilst most other Infantry are 2/2 or 2/1. I would like to change this for the purposes of the play test, but I don't want to disadvantage you too much if you had based any of your strategy around their defensive capabilities. I will play the rest of this turn with them as 3/3, but would you agree to changing the rules file from your next turn onwards? We can put their fierce resistance so far down to idealistic zeal

*shrugs* If it was a mistake, it was a mistake, and what I hope for in my defenses is irrelevant. It shall be corrected in my next turn.

That's the spirit. Who needs 3HP/3FP anyway

Turn nearly finished.

Seite 2 von 7 ErsteErste 123456 ... LetzteLetzte