Seite 1 von 7 12345 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 101

Thema: The Spanish Civil War (McMonkey vs Jerec)

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey

The Spanish Civil War (McMonkey vs Jerec)

Nationalists: McMonkey
    Republicans: Jerec

HOUSE RULES:

No unit bribing (I will fix this in game)

No deliberate starvation of citizens to the point where population drops
    - For example it is fine to go into negative food production and use up the reserves, but you must stop before the city drops in population
    - This rule is to prevent players from skewing the tech rate too much

ERRORS:
    If you decide against selling a city improvement and press "Never Mind" it sells anyway! (I will fix this in game)

TO DO:

Post Nationalists July 1936

General José Sanjurjo issues a pronunciamiento (declaration of opposition) against the Government of the Second Spanish Republic. The coup is supported by a number of conservative groups including the Spanish Confederation of the Autonomous Right, Monarchists such as the religious conservative Carlists, and the Fascist Falange. The uprising is authoritarian and anti-separatist in inspiration; anti-Basque and anti-Catalan feeling marks the Nationalist zone.

The coup is only partially successful and Spain is left militarily and politically divided. After Sanjurjo's death in a plane crash General Francisco Franco takes over control of the Nationalist faction and vows to wage war with the left-wing Republican Government and its loyalist supporters. He is determined to eradicate the communist cancer from Spain.

In support of the Nationalists, Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy begin to despatch military aid. The first to arrive is transport aircraft to airlift units of the Army of Africa from Spanish Morocco to the mainland. The Army of Africa is the most professional military unit available to either side and it is expected that it will make quick progress to Madrid where it will crush the communists and restore the rule of law and order.

ACTION REPORT:

In Andalucia -

Morón - Civil Guard destroyed and city taken (3000p taken)

Ronda - One Civil Guard and one Miliciano units killed and city taken (3000p)

Antequera - Civil Guard destroyed and city taken (3000p taken)

Écija - Civil Guard destroyed and city taken (4000p taken - City Defences rebuilt using CivCity). Two Communist Militia units appear and one Br19 lost bombing them.

Huelva - Two Civil Guard and two Miliciano units killed and city taken (6000p). Two Communist Militia units appear, one of which is destroyed.

In Asturias -

Ribadeo - Civil Guard destroyed and city taken (3000p taken)

Luarca - Miliciano destroyed and city taken (3000p taken). Two Nationalist Infantry units lost.

Mieres - Trubia tank, Civil Guard, one Engineer and four Miliciano units destroyed and city taken (3000p). It apears that several Miliciano units supported by the city were disbanded too.

Reinosa - Two Miliciano, one Civil Guard and one 75mm Artillery unit destroyed and city taken (4000p). Two Communist Militia appear.

In Menorca -

Ciudadela Civil Guard destroyed in bombing raid by Breguet 19s.

In Aragon -

Three Miliciano units destroyed near Zaragoza and Huesca.

In Old Castille -

One Miliciano unit bombed west of Brunete.

That was a big turn with a lot to organise. I expect the next turn will be a lot quicker!
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Jerec

With the Army of Africa looming in the minds of the Republican Generals, an all-out offensive is called for before the Nationalists can bring their full military might to bear. A massive wave of rallies and auctions are held, money pouring into the war coffers to fund a new army. A fortune is spent; factories spring up and the heavy equipment and trained soldiers necessary to bring this Fascist rebellion to its knees are churned out.

The North will be the first to fall.

-Action Report-

2 Nat Infantry destroyed in the Pass north of Samosierra, 2 Rep Infantry lost.

Valladolid thoroughly bombed, 4 units destroyed by air and a final push by valiant Milicianos succeed in taking the city!

Segovia put under siege by the Republican Assault Guard, garrison destroyed and city taken.

Medina Del C. bombed, Milicianos take advantage of the chaos to attack and occupy the city with assistance from a detachment of Civil Guards from Samosierra!

Caceres taken, 1 Rep Infantry and 1 Miliciano lost.

The church in Marbella holds a candlelight vigil to pray for deliverance from the Legionarios.

Teruel taken by a stream of forces from Valencia with bomber support.

Avila taken by a spearhead of armored and motorized troops from Madrid, 2 Nat Infantry destroyed blocking the path to the city, 1 Rep Infantry lost.
    "Cease firing, but if any enemy planes appear, shoot them down in a friendly fashion." -Admiral William Halsey

Post Nationalists August 1936

In the north Aviles and Gijon are captured. Three Milicianos and three Communist Militias destroyed plus several units disbanded. The three Civil Guard defending Santander are destroyed and the city falls. In the south-west Ayamonte, Merida, Marbella, Malaga, Caceres and Penaroya are all captured. Nine Civil Guard, six Miliciano and three Communist Militia are destroyed.

Salamanca taken by the armored spearhead that also took Avila, with the assistance of a column of Assault Guards.

Resigned to being overrun by the Nationalist troops, a veteran AT Gun battery makes a final attack on Caceres. 1 Legionario destroyed (barely).

The fortress Alcazar is finally reduced to rubble by a squadron of Potez 540s after 1 75mm and 1 155mm Cannon battery are destroyed while softening the defenses.

Belchite taken, 2 Rep Infantry lost.

Huesca taken.

Jaca destroyed (size 1 city).

1 Falangist destroyed below Santander.
    "Cease firing, but if any enemy planes appear, shoot them down in a friendly fashion." -Admiral William Halsey

I have played the majority of my turn. I need to spend some time with my wife now so she will remember what I look like. Have played a LOT of Civ2 today

Post Nationalists September 1936

As the Republicans begin their retreat to a defensive line running from Cartagena, through Albacete and up to Madrid and Guadalajara the Nationalists follow up, taking towns and cities along the way. In the south the spearhead is led by the veteran Regulares and Legionaro of the Army of Africa, whilst in the north the Falangists and Requetes try and gain the initiative.

The Asturias region is cleared of communists with the capture of Llanes. Five Militia type units destroyed.

Estremadura cleared. Badajoz is captured. Two Civil Guards and two Communist Militias destroyed. Franco is glad to have this thorn removed from the Nationalists flank! Trujillo is captured. Four Civil Guard destroyed.

Andalusia is cleared of Republican troops and the nationalists begin to move into New Castille. Motril, Almeria, Gaudix, Ubeda, Andujar, Jean, Puertollano, Valdepenas, Ciudad Real and Talavera captured. A total of twenty six Civil Guard and Militias plus one N52 are destroyed with no losses to Nationalist troops (though several units urgently need some time out of the line!). Several of the Republican towns had no units defending them!

In Old Castille Valladolid, Segovia, Salamanca and Medina del Campo are liberated without loss to either side.

In Aragon Huesca is recaptured and the Republican division outside the city is attacked. Two Assault Guards, one Republican Infantry, one Catalan Infantry and one Communist Militia (nearly all badly damaged) are destroyed in a counter-attack. One Anti-tank gun is lost.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Dario
    Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    I need to spend some time with my wife now so she will remember what I look like.
    Invite her to join us!

Believe me, despite telling her all about my new war winning strategies on a daily basis, she has zero interest in Civ2 or history. Apparently all the maps look the same

1 fresh AT Gun lost against an Armored Car in Zaragoza without making a scratch. The entire Republican army has panicked at this formidable resistance, temporarily halting until the startling prospect of heavy casualties is finally accepted.

The Legionarios occupying Ciudad Real are destroyed at the cost of a veteran Communist Militia, and the city re-occupied.

The 2 Legionarios that attacked Valdepenas are destroyed by bomber attack and the city re-occupied.

1 Breguet shot down outside Jaen.

Segovia retaken in a lightning raid by Assault Guards.

1 Mot Infantry destroyed in Talavera by bomber raid from Madrid.

Huesca retaken, 1 non-veteran and 2 veteran Rep Infantry lost.

1 Regulares destroyed by an enraged Communist Militia in Almeria.

2 Nationalist Transports sunk near Melilla.

1 Legionario destroyed in Marbella.

1 Regulares destroyed in Malaga.

1 Supply Ship sunk near El-Asnam by a vigilant blockade of submarines and destroyers.

La Coruna and Ribadeo taken by far-ranging Republican Infantry.

Catalyud taken after a heavy bombing.

1 Civil Guard destroyed in Soria.
    Geändert von Jerec (23. April 2012 um 19:05 Uhr)

Heh, you should have seen my face when I realized how many quality Infantry I lost in front of Huesca, not to mention how fast the Legionarios are moving. Ah, one thing- I forgot to rebuild city defenses in the cities I took this turn. I'll post a corrected one ASAP, if you haven't already started using the old one.

Haven't started yet, so I will for the new save. We will have to see if the Armoured units are too strong, especially the truck which is relatively cheap.

Save replaced. The Armored Cars may be so effective in Zaragosa because of the forest terrain the city is on, and in any case, this just means heavier equipment than AT Guns will be required. The city can be taken with the appropriate tactics. I'll be taking a leaf from Cobra's book in this case...

Seite 1 von 7 12345 ... LetzteLetzte