Seite 1 von 11 12345 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 153

Thema: Blood & Steel.

Registrierter Benutzer

Blood & Steel.

Russian Empire - McMonkey
    British Empire - Ingvar
    Reichslande - Rebelious
    Imperio Romano - Metropolis(f. cupcoffee)
    United States - Cobra
    Kingdom Of France - Pondichery
    Ottoman Empire - AI

Link: http://sleague.civfanatics.com/index...nd_Steel_Redux

House rules

Scenario specific house rules:

* No tech trading and no money gifting.
    * Amphibious invasions (only upon war declaration) must be announced 1 turn in advance [1].
    * No more than 5 airplanes allowed on the Aircraft Carrier at the same time, and no twin engined aircrafts.
    * No war ships can cross straits owned by a foreign power (i.e. the Bosphorus Strait (Istanbul), Suez Canal, Panama Canal, Kiel Canal (Hamburg), Gibraltar strait, Øresund (Copenhagen) etc.).

Generic house rules:

* No reloading!
    * No terraforming.
    * No rehoming of trade units.
    * No 'square stealing' from the AI.
    * No air protected land/sea stacks.
    * No "freezing" of airplanes.
    * No ship chains.
    * No building of new cities. Only re-creating razed ones alowed.
    * No airbases in adjecent to each other or a city.
    * No artificial creating of ZOC with units.
    * Transport planes only for trade units. Illegal to use to block movement.

* No other actions that don't make sense in real life. No taking advantage of the civ game machine to better your results in any way. Ask the other players if in doubt before acting.
    Geändert von Ingvar (06. Juli 2012 um 01:18 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer
    (1) Background information to the World of Blood & Steel

* ALTERNATE TIMELINE TO THE GREATER WAR

1914 - The Great War engulfes Europe in a traumatic struggle for dominance.

1915 - Italy enters the fray on the German side, France asks for an armistice.

1916 - Major German offensives in Russia, Battle of Jutland; the Columbus Incident leads to a major US intervention in Mexico.

1917 - Russia sues for peace when a anti-Czarist rebellion breaks out; Germany promises help ... Great Britain ceases to fight and starts planning the next round while the Americans decide to have punished the Mexicans enough and are occupying now the lands North of Mexico City.

1918 - At the major peace conference in Heidelberg the Zollverein is founded.

1919 - France hands Tunesia over to Italy, Belgium the Congo to Germany.

1921 - Begin of the Rif Insurrection against France in Morocco.

1922 - Revanchist Mussolini comes to power in Rome and proclaims the renewal of the Roman Empire.

1927 - The Jazz Singer, the first sound film is released.

1929 - Black Friday leads to World Economic Crises

1931 - The Mexican National Council decides on war with the US occupying forces

1932 - 16 September: begin of the Second Mexican War of Independence

1932 - Franklin Roosevelt is elected US president promising to end the Mexican War

1933 - A new major offensive is announced by FDR in his inaugural address

* THE NATIONS

United States of America - playable
    Gone through the Great War without having had to fight themselves the United States suffered serious problems after the Black Thursday in 1929 and is now only slowly recovering with some worker´s protests still brewing in certain industrial centers. The U.S. has to recover first before thinking of intervening anywhere.

Reichslande - playable
    After the victory in the Great War Germany was undoubtedly the master of Europe. After achieving this goal Wilhelm II told his people what the next achievement shall be someday: Global Dominance!

Imperio Romano - playable
    It has always been Mussolini´s dread to resurrect the Roman Empire and bring back the days of ancient Rome, with the Eternal City as head of the world. Now he took his chance and has to face destiny ...

British Empire - playable
    Undefeated by Germany Britain simply stopped fighting and signed an armistice. But on both sides of the Channel men know that the final showdown between the Germans and the British must and will take place someday. Maybe someday soon ...

Kingdom of France - playable
    After the defeat in the Great War a predecessor of Napoléon IV became King, not Emperor, of France. The use of the title emperor was forbidden by the victor of the Great War, Wilhelm II of Germany. Now France is still allied with Russia and all it wants is revenge. But when can Germany finally be challenged?

Ottoman Empire - playable
    For centuries the 'Weak Man on the Marmara Strait' seemed more dead than alive but after victory in the Great War the glory days of the Ottoman Empire seem to have come back as most of the Balkans is now again under the control of the Sultan of Istanbul.

Russian Empire - playable
    In 1916, one year after the humiliating defeat, the Russian Revolution swept the old Czar Nicholas II away and his 21 year-old nephew Ivan, nick-named 'The Rebuilder', promised to his people to 'make Russia great again that every Russian can be proud of it'. The alliance with France was strenghtened and renewed and all of Russia is dreaming of marching Unter den Linden in Berlin.

(2) Basic gameplay information

* ABOUT THE CONCEPT

Do whatever you want to - this one is intended to feature both, horrible warfare of the mid-20th century and wicked diplomacy. Enjoy :-)

* ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY IN GENERAL TERMS

The protagonists are the Romans, they start of with a small territory and a rather large army and navy. The idea is to ready the Roman forces to move them to Spain and the Balkans to regain the lands of the antique Roman Empire. Please keep in mind that attacking France and/or Turkey means war with the Reichslande - you should not do that until your forces are really ready.

The Reichslande - as the United States - enjoy a very good starting position though their economies - like the British too - however, suffer from major economic problems since these three countries and Mexico start with the so-called "Post War Gov" (which is vanilla Monarchy renamed). The idea behind is that the player is forced to research the so-called "Reform Gov" (renamed vanilla Republic) in order to get the economy back onto its feet.

Unfortunately many military aspects had to be left out due to the Civ2 game engine. I, however, included several key technologies which also appeared in the original timeline. These include tactical and strategic bombing, the atomic bomb, panzer respective tank warfare and poison (nerve) gas.

Many socio-cultural events had to be left out due to the same reasons as pointed out above but some of the most important are still represented, with an emphasis on advances in the administrative and social sectors.

(3) Information on some units

Please refer to the pedia file!

(4) Information on city improvements and wonders

Same as (3).

(5) Roll of Honour

Among the "usual suspects" like Sid Meier, Captain Nemo & Alex the Magnificient, Fairline, Typhoon and Curt Sibling some fellows from various Civ2 forums rank supreme as well:

* Sarsstock - not only for his outstanding title artwork but also for his imagination and advice during the early days of the developing of the legacy of Blood & Steel, and not to forget his pre-BETA-release playtesting as well as his graphical skills when it comes to adding camo to units!

* Krüger - his pre-BTEA-release playtesting kicks ass and was essential so far!

* Harry Tuttle - his map fro Atomic Eagle I was the basis for this slightly edited version this scenario is taking place.

* Pablostuka & Nilat/Stalin II - for his dedicated playtesting and bug-hunting efforts!

All the fine fellows and Co-Civ2-Addicts at the Apolyton Army Headquarters!
    All the fine fellows and Co-Civ2-Addicts at the CDG Army Headquarters!

Gentlemen, I salute you all!

(6) Version Changes

* Revamped graphics;
    * Edited stas to fit the stackable terrain feature
    * Added a generic colonial infantry unit
    * Added some more units here and there

(7) Contact information

I am @ steph_sander@hotmail.com (also MSN) for complaints, insults & payment checks

Happy Warring!

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    I´d like to take the Reichslande
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Rebelious for the Imperium?

Barcelona 5-Real Madrid 0 Avatar von Rebelious
    let me see the scenario first to pick a civ, is this one?

http://sleague.civfanatics.com/index...nd_Steel_Redux

Registrierter Benutzer
    Yes, that's the one.

Cool, nice map.

My first choice would be the Ottomans, they seem very interesting. However if we don’t have enough players we could leave that one to the AI, and since the Germans are already taken I would like to play the American civ. The Romans are cool but since they seem to have no friends I think they would soon be crushed by the almighty Germans...

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    If you want to take German please take them.

I´ll take America, too
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

I prefer the Germans above the American but are you sure you want to swap?

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    Yes I am

Registrierter Benutzer
    No way we can go ahead with just three players, there must be more people interested in playing.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I would prefer the Ottomans, but I could also play as Italy. Germany does appear to be in a very strong position.

It seems the game starts with Germans & Ottomans allied and French & Russians allied too, what if players instead of one civ they play two? We could make a third coalition like USA with Italy (so that if somebody attacks Italy they will lose the lucrative trade with USA) and then the British alone but they could join French-Russians or the Americans-Italians coalition later on or something. In this way we only need 4 players to control all 7 civs and I think it would be a balanced game too; personally I don’t like to leave human civs to the AI when we don’t have enough players…

I know it is a lot of work to play two civs but with the disappearance of Cupcoffee I think a few games will stop now.

Just a thought

Registrierter Benutzer
    Russian Empire - 1
    British Empire - 2
    Reichslande - 3
    Imperio Romano - 4
    United States - 4
    Kingdom Of France - 1
    Ottoman Empire - 3

This is one idea, put forth only because it would be quicker if players could always do their turns in succession. The Rechslande/Imperium combination would be very powerful, and perhaps ustoppable.

Russian Empire - 1 McMonkey?
    British Empire - 2 Ingvar?
    Reichslande - 3 Rebelious?
    Imperio Romano - 3 Rebelious?
    United States - 4 Cobra ?
    Kingdom Of France - 4 Cobra?
    Ottoman Empire - 1 McMonkey?

Not a bad idea either, but you are right, Germans and Italians together too powerful I think.

On the other hand I don’t have any problems to play two civs separately, true that the game will be slower but you get a better game balance and realistic alliances except for the American-Italian one that is a bit weird.

Seite 1 von 11 12345 ... LetzteLetzte