Seite 5 von 27 ErsteErste 12345678915 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 61 bis 75 von 404

Thema: PBEM Napoleon Bonaparte [7] reloaded

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    Playing the turn now. I had to move Civ2 from a USB memory stick onto the PC's hard drive the other day. Since the move there are no sound effects for Civ2. ToT, which is still on a USB, works fine still. Any ideas of potential causes/fixes. I like the silly sound effects!

Post Prussia September 1803

Prussia responds the French attack on German territory (IE Oldenburg). A battle takes place inside Hanoverian territory close to the Prussian border. Eight French Foot Regiments are destroyed for the loss of one Prussian one. Prussia does not consider this to be a sneak attack as France has attacked territory we clearly claim as our own, it has moved troops up to our border and is threatening to take Rostock which is also a German city claimed by Prussia. The consequences of a French Baltic Naval base to Prussian trade is just too dire to contemplate, therefore I do not feel the need to wait another turn while France violates my territory!

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    Zitat Zitat von Radyserb Beitrag anzeigen
    -No sneak attacks. One turn peace after declaration of war.
    Erm. When did you declare war on him?

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen

Prussia declares itself protector of all German cities outside of Hapsburg, British, or Swedish territories. This includes Rostock, Munich, Ulm, Mainz, Cologne, Kassel and Oldenburg. An act of aggression against any of these cities will result in a declaration of war.

Foreign traders are welcome in Prussian ports and cities that can be reached without blocking our roads. We ask that the Baltic seaways be kept as clear as possible so that traders of all nations can conduct their commercial activities with minimum disruption.

Probably there.
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Barcelona 5-Real Madrid 0 Avatar von Rebelious
    Still, at least from point of view, you have to declare war and wait one turn; I consider this a sneak attack

Don't know. Both interpretations are possible. Still it's quite bold to invade a country that is under protection without announcing it and don't expect to be attacked .

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."

über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

A sneak attack would be if you had done nothing and I had attacked you for no reason. I made my declaration in my first post. The meaning of my declaration was totally clear to understand, attack any of the German cities and we are at war. Why should I have to wait one turn when you have gone to war with me and are invading my territory? You were fully aware of the consequences of your actions. Let us settle this on the field of battle

Because I thought it was like: I invade an independent German city, then you declare war at the same turn and then next turn you can start attacking me, I never thought about a direct automatic war declaration, in my point of view this is just a trick to avoid such an important rule in this game

And I think I’m not the only one surprised by this sudden attack without any formal war declaration, right?

If I must replay my turn I will, and I will attack you next round instead. It makes little difference to me. Either way France is going down!

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    Zitat Zitat von Rebelious Beitrag anzeigen
    Because I thought it was like: I invade an independent German city, then you declare war at the same turn and then next turn you can start attacking me, I never thought about a direct automatic war declaration, in my point of view this is just a trick to avoid such an important rule in this game

And I think I’m not the only one surprised by this sudden attack without any formal war declaration, right?
    I agree. McMonkey, you wrote:
    An act of aggression against any of these cities will result in a declaration of war.
    "Result" is not the same like, "we are automatically immediately at war" Besides of this: If you regard the french occupation of Oldenburg as declaration of war, you have to wait 1 turn before you are allowed to attack. It´s the same if you attack anyone, then it´s for the victim not allowed to attack you in his next turn too (1 full turn peace )

Oldenburg has been attacked without any formal war declaration as well. It's still part of the Holy Roman Empire which is a souvereign state. I can fully understand that this can be seen as a declaration of war and even more as a sneak attack!

Yeah right, so I should have declared war first to the Barbarian AI right? Rules are made for human controlled civs amigo, please stop talking nonsense , when I attacked Oldenburg it was AI controlled, no part of the Prussian or Austrians.

Please McMonkey replay your turn has you should so that we can go on…

Ok, I will replay my turn. But really it is not necessary, France is doomed

I would still like to find out why I have no sound effects. The other Civ2 noises work, just not the wav files. It seems really odd without the sounds. Any ideas? Could it be to do with upgrades I have been installing for Windows Vista?

Post Prussia September 1803

Prussia declares war on France over the Oldenburg occupation.

Rostock welcomes Prussian troops into the city after some French agents are smoked out of the citadel (1 Corps artillery and one cannon lost).
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

I'm having issues uploading files to CivFanatics and I wanted to post one of my turns for the American Civil War game I'm involved in. Sorry to dump it here!
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Seite 5 von 27 ErsteErste 12345678915 ... LetzteLetzte