Seite 3 von 18 ErsteErste 123456713 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 31 bis 45 von 265

Thema: Battle of Zarklaw

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee
    Crap, well could you do that on your turn, Jerec? We could easily restart the game otherwise.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Jerec
    Zitat Zitat von cupcoffee Beitrag anzeigen
    Crap, well could you do that on your turn, Jerec? We could easily restart the game otherwise.
    I will. I've combined the events, starting with a Skern set and copying in events to spawn Azuki, a Mercenary Commander and a Kaneg Gustov; I also added 6 new events that spawn an Erlak the Red if anyone of us kills his unit while it's still under Heretic control.

Some events I also cut out that gave money if certain "leader" units were killed; this seems to be just an old idea that was never used because the leader units aren't listed in the rules.

One more thing- I know that bribing cities has been agreed upon to be against the rules, but after a few tests I've found that a single Heretic Neverender, which is the garrison of most Heretic cities near my borders, simply can't be destroyed without sacrificing an average of 3 veteran Zerkir, my best units. Even vet Siege towers take down 1/3 of a Neverender's HP at best. I don't suppose we can bend the "no bribing cities" rule for heretic cities? It makes at least some logical sense, considering that these cities are supposed to be isolated spots of rebellion, easy places to stir up unrest...I don't mind if everyone disagrees with me on this, I just wanted to make the suggestion.
    "Cease firing, but if any enemy planes appear, shoot them down in a friendly fashion." -Admiral William Halsey

I'd be against it, and I think almost all factions get a Thane or General unit that are effective in sieges, but we can put it up to vote.

I'd be against it, and I think almost all factions get a Thane or General unit that are effective in sieges, but we can put it up to vote.
    I tested that unit too. It had worse performance than a Zerkir because of the hp and firepower difference.

Edit: One way to see for yourself would be to use the Kobayashi Battle Outcome Simulator listed here: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ2/reference/

Using this, a veteran Kaneg Grenadeer would have a 91% chance of defeating a non-veteran Neverender (the terrain and pikeman bonus gives it a defense of 9). A veteran Thane would have a 5% chance (at best) of defeating a non-vet Neverender (terrain + pikeman + city wall bonus = 22.5 or 18 defense, depending on how you add the bonuses.)

Edit: I was just testing the events that spawn Azuki, and after researching Merchant Nobility I got the option to change government to a Democracy. Just to make sure, we are NOT allowed to change govs in this scen except for Kingship (Monarchy), correct?

Edit:

Contrary to our warlike past, House Herjaar is currently committed to free trade and peaceful prosperity, save for the Heretics threatening our borders.
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von Jerec (02. April 2011 um 21:45 Uhr)
    "Cease firing, but if any enemy planes appear, shoot them down in a friendly fashion." -Admiral William Halsey

We can put it up to a vote as well as ask Curt Sibling his opinion on the matter.
    I just kind of assumed sieges are supposed to be costly in this scenario, after all, if it's tough to capture a heretic city, imagine how much harder taking a player city would be without Kaneg units.

We can put it up to a vote as well as ask Curt Sibling his opinion on the matter.
    I just kind of assumed sieges are supposed to be costly in this scenario, after all, if it's tough to capture a heretic city, imagine how much harder taking a player city would be without Kaneg units.
    True. Asking Curt Sibling would be very helpful. He could have meant for the Heretic cities to last for a long time by giving them Neverenders, but if he also wanted the human player to not bribe cities it should have been possible to disable that option in the game.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Barcelona 5-Real Madrid 0 Avatar von Rebelious
    Before I play do I have to do something with the events or can I play right away?

Oh well, I just played

We the Zefir Zatarn are shocked by the invasion of the Heretic lands west of our frontiers by the fanatical Skern. However, we will respect the Skern claims from Globehof to Fayhoffen. Nevertheless, we have already started to reinforce our southwest borders to be prepared in case the Skern decides to attack us after the fall of the Heretics

Apart from that we wish trade and prosperity for everybody, hope we can cooperate between each other for mutual benefits
    Geändert von Rebelious (10. Juni 2011 um 15:14 Uhr)

Btw I'm 100% against Diplomats/Spies bribing cities, has a matter of fact also against bribing of units, too unbalancing factor, they should be used only to investigate cities

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I agree. There is too much spare cash in each players pocket to allow bribing IMHO.

Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    I agree. There is too much spare cash in each players pocket to allow bribing IMHO.

Moving further inland, the Skern forces overrun the
    village of Skorhime. To the North is the large town
    of Bergirhof - A prime target for holy conquest...

New zealot warbands march forward for the attack!

I don't know, 3000 gold is for me enough to convert 4 farunar, and that's if I'm not going to be spending it on buying merchants.

Let's put it up to a vote, whether heretic cities can be bribed and whether units can be bribed (or converted in my case ).

Cupcoffee: No to the first and yes to the second
    Jerec: Yes to both
    Rebelious: No to both
    McMonkey: No to both
    Cobra:
    Ingvar:
    Geändert von cupcoffee (11. Juni 2011 um 15:30 Uhr)

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey

Post Khaarov Commonwealth Spring 1050

No news

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    No to both
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Seite 3 von 18 ErsteErste 123456713 ... LetzteLetzte