Ergebnis 1 bis 12 von 12

Thema: New Release - Germanicus on the Rhine

Registrierter Benutzer

New Release - Germanicus on the Rhine

Hey all,

I understand there is a large Civ2 community still active here so I hope you won't mind my plugging my newly released scenario: Germanicus on the Rhine.

I'm sure most of you have heard of Arminius/Hermann and the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest. Perhaps you have not heard what happened next. Although most basic histories assume this battle stopped Rome's march into Germany forever, that was not the case. Five years later, the imperial prince, Germanicus, Brother of Claudius, Father of Caligula, and Adopted Son of Tiberius, led 8 legions across the Rhine on a quest to kill or capture Arminius and find the three stolen eagles. This is his story.

You may download the scenario at the SLeague Wiki:
    here

And please post any questions or concerns in this thread.

Thank you and enjoy! (This scenario is for Test of Time v. 1.1)

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    Please feel free to post everything you know about Civ2 and new or old scenarios here. There's always people interested in this .
    That's supposed to be a single player scenario, right?
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    I don't play Test of Time

Registrierter Benutzer
    Yes, this is a single player scenario.

Radyserb, that's too bad. You should pick up a copy while you can, it is the ultimate version of Civ2

Blue Lion Avatar von Civinator
    Zitat Zitat von Radyserb Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't play Test of Time
    Why?? Warum??

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    I can understand Rady. I own ToT but I don't play it either. I am just used to Civ2, especially the Window arrangement and the blinking of units. Because of this playing ToT feels somehow strange.
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Registrierter Benutzer
    Well, the window arrangements are easy enough to fix, but I'll admit the non-blinking units is tough to get used to. Aesthetically, I think MGE feels better.

That being said, as a designer, you make much more work and aggravation for yourself if you use MGE.

Blue Lion Avatar von Civinator
    Zitat Zitat von Historical Atze Beitrag anzeigen
    I am just used to Civ2, especially the Window arrangement and the blinking of units.
    I thought with a few clicks in the interface the arrangement of windows can be done as in Civ 2.

About the blinking of units: Is it really the "blinking" or would it be enough that the unit to move can be seen better on the screen. For "blinking" I think I have to use several images of the idle files in an unit´s sprite. Better visualizing of the unit to move can be done even with brightening a one image idle file as it is used it in my massproduction files of Civ 2 ToT unit sprites.

zwangsweise inaktiv
    the germans are not germans but germanic tribes or Teutons
    but the "Teutonen" were destroyed by Marius at Aquä Sextiä (102 B.C.)

Registrierter Benutzer
    The Cherusci, Marsi, and Chatti are the main Germanic tribes featured in this scenario (smaller tribes are represented by units).

Registrierter Benutzer
    I didn't accept ToT until I realized I could set the interface to be exactly like Civ 2 interface!

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I too had some reservations about the aesthetics of ToT, but after playing scenarios like Frederick the Great, Operation Market Garden and Germanicus I am a true convert. These scenarios blow most MGE scenarios out of the water in single player mode. The screen layout and city screen can both be changed to look like MGE. The only real downside is the unit blinking, but once you have played a top ToT scenario you won't even notice that any more. If you ignore ToT you will be missing out on the best Civ2 scenarios ever made!