Seite 2 von 41 ErsteErste 12345612 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 16 bis 30 von 611

Thema: PBEM - Seeds of Greatness

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    Zitat Zitat von izzi Beitrag anzeigen
    is there any free civs yet? :> cuz i dont understand at least one deutsch word
    Yes, you´re in
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von izzi
    cool, Egypt is mine

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    We need one more person for Hatti and Persia. Hatti is in a potential very powerful position while Persia has a lot of problems (which is why they will be strengthened by me before we start). Anybody interested take one of those two, I'll take what is left.
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    dann nehm ich Persien und du ziehst jetzt Aeterna (und zwar vor allem Spiel 2)

Kann nicht, hab hier kein Civ. Morgen dann.

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."

über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I have made a graphics update for my own use. If anyone would like to use it too be my guest

I will play me PBEMs this weekend, then do the changes I mentioned and then we can start. It is probably a good idea if you all take a look at the scen in advance. Especially on the Persian civ. Their land is quite bad, thus I intend to give them the farmland advance from the beginning and I am contemplating if it is reasonable to give them Monarchy, too. Probably not, what do you think?
    Additionally I am planning to weaken the Chariot IV, they are expensive but they are just too good.

The third thing is the events.txt-file. The events for the civs are to be erased. There's just not enough space, I think. What has to be included are the events for killed barbarians which give settlers (and probably the ones for spies, too, if the space suffices).

The fourth point is something, Rady pointed to, the Bhaal-strategy as he called it and which we have seen in action when we played hellas for the last time: tons of tiny cities. Is it reasonable to hinder this without taking too much fun away? What do you think?

No opinions on these points?

I think that we shouldn't change anything at all. Let's respect author's work and I'm sure that the game will be more interesting without any artificial attemps to equalize players chances

The same about 'tons of tiny cities' strategy let's give a free hand to the players. Don't forget that there's always a counter strategy you can use against that ;> you just need to find it.
    Don't be mad, I'm just a born-liberal person

P.S. Sorry for off-topic, but I was just wondering what is the second guy rapping about here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LEf6...eature=related
    could you translate it a little bit ?

Zitat Zitat von izzi Beitrag anzeigen
    P.S. Sorry for off-topic, but I was just wondering what is the second guy rapping about here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LEf6...eature=related
    could you translate it a little bit ?
    Bitches and Vodka? I never knew Poland did Hip Hop

Re: The game

Have you guys played this scenario before?

In the players notes it says that Persia has the disadvantage of not getting advances from goody huts. Could that be fixed?

With regards to the Bhaal-strategy. That worked well in Hellas as Dario was building cities on Islands that were easy to defend. If you built loads of small cities in this scenario it might be difficult to defend them. Its natural that players would want to get their fair share of cities so setting any rule to prevent it will be hard to get right.

I used the Colonist solution in 'A Soaring Spirit' which would make that strategy much harder. Perhaps you could have a rule that you can only found cities with settlers from cities of a certain size (say 4-5). This way you don't have loads of size 1-2 cities spawning more size 1-2 cities and so on. I'm not sure how you would enforce that other than to trust everyone to stick to the rule.

I say go ahead with the changes to the events.

I don't really have an opinion on the Chariot. You are hosting the game though so I think you should make the decision.

Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    Have you guys played this scenario before?
    Tried once, but some players got lost and so the pbem died.
    In the players notes it says that Persia has the disadvantage of not getting advances from goody huts. Could that be fixed?
    I didn't know that. But I tried and it seems true. I know of no way to change such strange things. To compensate for this, Persia is given Monarchy in addition to crop rotation from the beginning. This should even things out.
    With regards to the Bhaal-strategy. That worked well in Hellas as Dario was building cities on Islands that were easy to defend. If you built loads of small cities in this scenario it might be difficult to defend them. Its natural that players would want to get their fair share of cities so setting any rule to prevent it will be hard to get right.
    I think so, too.

I say go ahead with the changes to the events.
    Done.
    I don't really have an opinion on the Chariot. You are hosting the game though so I think you should make the decision.
    I gave them HP 1, FP 1 instead of 2/2. They are still extremely powerful offensive weapons without being undefeatable monsters .

Started the game as king of Hatti. Babylon is next. Please unzip the attached zip to the scenario folder and run the bat-file choosing option 8.

If you encounter strange stuff, tell me and we will try to remedy it. If not, happy fragging .
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Post Babylonians - 3950 BC

The Ubaid culture begin the transition from small farming villages into larger consolidated settlements. The most important of these is Ur on the Euphrates.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra

Welcome

izzi to play
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Hello,

Persians to go

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin

Seite 2 von 41 ErsteErste 12345612 ... LetzteLetzte