Seite 4 von 69 ErsteErste 123456781454 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 46 bis 60 von 1029

Thema: Rise of the Dictators 2

Banned Avatar von Takamisakari
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Jerec
    Zitat Zitat von Alcibaides Beitrag anzeigen
    @Jerec - I am utterly stunned! Congratulations.

I saw your 9 stack near Madrid last turn, but I figured it would take you at least one more turn to manouver it to Madrid. And as for Bilbao, I was really not expecting that.
    Actually, there were 13 units waiting to attack Madrid. And Bilbao was just opportunity, since I had just gotten the bombers delivered that turn and Bilbao was impossible to have Republican fighter counterattacks.

Mind if I ask what was your main offensive unit in taking both Madrid and Bilbao?
    For Bilbao, bombers. I don't want my method of taking Madrid used against me, so you'll excuse me for keeping it a secret.
    "Cease firing, but if any enemy planes appear, shoot them down in a friendly fashion." -Admiral William Halsey

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Alcibaides
    Zitat Zitat von Jerec Beitrag anzeigen
    For Bilbao, bombers. I don't want my method of taking Madrid used against me, so you'll excuse me for keeping it a secret.
    Well seing as you just got bombers "delivered", you could have had any number of them, so you might have softened up Madrid a little. Otherwise you could only have got infantry and tanks to Madrid in one turn.

@McMonkey - 3 questions:

Any unit that ignores city walls also ignores fortress bonuses right? (i.e. stackable terrain bonuses)

Also the fortress/stackable bonus is the same as the city walls bonus right? It says x3 defence in the civilopedia?

A unit fortified in a city with walls is identical in it's defence bonus to a unit fortified on a hill right? x3 Defence + 100% defence bonus.

No news in the game
    Geändert von Alcibaides (05. Februar 2009 um 04:10 Uhr)

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    Nothing.
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    @McMonkey - 3 questions:

Any unit that ignores city walls also ignores fortress bonuses right? (i.e. stackable terrain bonuses)
    I guess so. That is something I may not have factored into my calculations! However I did test all the units against all other units in open country and in cities to get the balance right so in an un-thought through way I have compensated for this

Also the fortress/stackable bonus is the same as the city walls bonus right? It says x3 defence in the civilopedia?
    I think so.

A unit fortified in a city with walls is identical in it's defence bonus to a unit fortified on a hill right? x3 Defence + 100% defence bonus.
    I think so. If anyone knows different then please let me know!

Post GERMANY - December 1936

Nothing to report

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    Fortress in open field gives x2 defense afaik, walls give x3. The rest should be correct.
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Jerec
    Any unit that ignores city walls also ignores fortress bonuses.
    Didn't know that.

@USSR (from Romania)

If I had wanted to stop your convoy going past Constaninople, I would have blocked 200,130 when I spotted it by fighter patrol turns ago.

I would also appreciate it if your submarines wouldn't skulk around Romanian ports. Merchant sailors are easily spooked.

In the Spanish Civil War, Toledo taken. Thank heaven for vet bombers! Alcibaides, if a small city like Toledo has AA defences all of your cities must have them...how in the world can you afford to RB so many?
    Geändert von Jerec (11. Juni 2011 um 06:40 Uhr)
    "Cease firing, but if any enemy planes appear, shoot them down in a friendly fashion." -Admiral William Halsey

@USSR (from Romania)

If I had wanted to stop your convoy going past Constaninople, I would have blocked 200,130 when I spotted it by fighter patrol turns ago.

I would also appreciate it if your submarines wouldn't skulk around Romanian ports. Merchant sailors are easily spooked.
    Constantinople is not a Romanian city. Did not mean to cause offence with the subs, they will be withdrawn.

Alcibaides, if a small city like Toledo has AA defences all of your cities must have them...how in the world can you afford to RB so many?
    AA defences are cheap. Clearly I should have prioritized getting one built in Bilbao, I realised that even before you made your attack, believe me it was coming in Bilbao soon, I figured you would be getting some air units from other civs but I thought I would have a couple more turns to prepare.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    No news
    Geändert von Cobra (11. Juni 2011 um 15:55 Uhr)
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    Mechanized Theory

IMPORTANT

Can everyone be sure to read the Diplomacy rules before making any strategic decisions! Remember, the democratic nations (France, Britain and the US) need a Casus Belli to declare war. As neutral countries cannot do anything to give the Democracies a Casus Belli the Democracies cannot invade any of the neutral countries!

These rules were designed to prevent an unrealistic land grab at the beginning of the game. In the 1930's it is inconceivable that Britain would have launched an attack on little Denmark! The Dictatorships are free to attack their weak neighbours but they run the risk of sparking off a second world war and have to plan accordingly.

Just a friendly reminder

Banned Avatar von Takamisakari

Don't forget its your turn here Alcibiades. Good to see you have overcome your computer troubles.

Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    Don't forget its your turn here Alcibiades. Good to see you have overcome your computer troubles.
    I still have to download and install all the drivers, right now I am downloading the game saves from my work labtop and saving to USB stick, such a hassle!

In Spain:

Toledo recaptured, 1 bomber and 1 infantry killed north of Toledo.

No news from the Soviet Union

Seite 4 von 69 ErsteErste 123456781454 ... LetzteLetzte