Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 23

Thema: [CCV] (English) art-development and picture thread

CCV-Designer Avatar von Thomas Pi

[CCV] (English) art-development and picture thread

First of all welcome to all new members in the CCV team. We are very proud that you will support this project.

The first aim of the art project is to create a complete unitset for the Germans. It's a first demontration of the new possibilities in CCV.

CCV has got 9 eras (added lateindustrial and latemodern) and an own artdefinetag for all eras. While BTS has got earlyartdefine, middleartdefine and lateartdefine the CCV mod has got ancientartdefine, classicalartdefine, medievalartdefine, ... and futureartdefine! Keep that in mind because we will use it for example to create sets in Pre-WW2, WW2 and modern style with sometimes the same units (like infantry or at_infantry).

Please use this thread to post comments, pictures and even the files of your results if possible. The german forum accepts much bigger .zips than the fanatics forum. Of course you can also send files as attachment by email to CommunityCivV@gmx.de

Okay, lets start. Oh, sorry. Although nobody of you may have noticed we got a first result of your teamwork. Have a look...

Bild

Formations in Civ will only work right with land and sea units. Civ can't handle formations for air units. But it could be improved with more planes in one .nif! And that's our first result. The picture shows two Eurofighters as the german latemodern jetfighter in formation. It uses the fantastic skin from JF00 (without flag, number, replaced cross on body and a bit brighter), they could be grouped with the help of The_Coyote and were reanimated by myself.

Here are some more pictures...
    Bild
    Bild
    Bild
    Bild
    Geändert von Thomas Pi (10. Juni 2011 um 01:43 Uhr)
    =====> Community Civ V [CCV] <=====
    **** 22.06.2011 **** NEUER PATCH **** 22.06.2011 ****
    Download =====> CCV 4.40 D <===== Download

Okay, what are we going to do now?

I will group and reanimate the rest of the german planes. There are 13 different fighters and bomber + 1 airship.

JF00 will make reskins for them.

The_Coyote has only less freetime at the moment as I know. So if I've got problems with my part I'll ask you for help. Otherwise I'll protect your less freetime. But if you got the chance and the motivation have a look for some cannons. We will need three eras of cannons. One should be a very early type (but on wheels so that it can be used with the animations of standard cannon) in use with the musketman, one a middle type (the default is okay) in use with rifleman and a late type like american civil war cannons in use with (early) infantry. Maybe there is even something useful out there?

And is it possible to decrease the polycount of models like the Eurofighter to improve the performance? Is it lots of work? Or is there a chance that you could try it?

bernie14 what do you wanne do? It would be great if you would start with infantries. You can choose between ancient units and modern/latemodern units? Please tell me what you like and I'll show you what has to be done.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hi Thomas,

Very good result on the screenshots

I'm at the office atm but i'll post Albatros DIII and Ju88 reskins tonight when i'll be back home.
    Fw190A reskin is ready too but i can't modify the nose cone color. I guess it must be edited in 3DSMax or Blender.

JF

Zitat Zitat von JF00 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi Thomas,

Very good result on the screenshots

I'm at the office atm but i'll post Albatros DIII and Ju88 reskins tonight when i'll be back home.
    Fw190A reskin is ready too but i can't modify the nose cone color. I guess it must be edited in 3DSMax or Blender.

JF
    Great. And the nose seems to be a small job for The_Coyote. I'll be waiting for your cool reskins. How may the biplane fighter and bomber look like with the same camouflage style? I must confess I'm already a bit nervous...

Registrierter Benutzer
    Here is the screenshots.

I can't attach DDS files (and i don't understand why... it's in german )

For the nose cone it's ok now, thx to the coyote
    Angehängte Grafiken Angehängte Grafiken

Zitat Zitat von JF00 Beitrag anzeigen
    Here is the screenshots.

I can't attach DDS files (and i don't understand why... it's in german )

For the nose cone it's ok now, thx to the coyote
    Okay. I had a look at your screens. And both camouflage styles are great. But wich one will you choose for the industrial era? I think the bomber with the fighter style will look better than the fighter in the bomber style. But do as you want. You are the artist!

About how to show your screens. The forum doesn't accept .dds just .jpg! And every file/jpg has an ID. Move the mouse over the uploaded file and it should be shown somewhere in every browser. Your files for example have the IDs 193960 and 193961. To show them use

HTML-Code:
    [att2]ID[/att2] or [att]ID[/att]
    Bild
    Bild
    Geändert von Thomas Pi (16. Juni 2008 um 23:53 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer
    Ok you want the same camo scheme for the fighter and the bomber.
    It's not usual because their missions/role are different but i if you want an "esthetic harmony" or something like that, i understand

I can apply the fighter camo scheme to the bomber wings (Gelbgrau, Dunkelgelb, Olivgrün).

Registrierter Benutzer
    OK I'm ON!!! will send some pics of ancient infantries sonn for your inspection!!

I'll be waiting for your units. And I got maybe good news for you. In consequence of 3.17 patch I'll design the new version of CCV in German and English. It will take some more days but that doesn't matter in the end...

Perhaps you and all the other fanatics will enjoy the cool new features too.

Registrierter Benutzer
    here is a prototype for ancient archer...let me know if u like or any thing to change...colors?, would u prefer warriorhead?, change other gear? etc.

PS: let me know what u want for the spearman and scout..in a previous message, u mention a warrior-type with PIKEMAN animations (or do u want spearman animations) for the scout, do u want a pack on him? no feathers on the head? , warrior head with pants and pack? let me know...the more specific the better
    Geändert von bernie14 (21. Juni 2008 um 16:15 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer
    here is with quiver strap

ab und zu mal hier Avatar von The_Coyote
    Ok found the motivation to register

And is it possible to decrease the polycount of models like the Eurofighter to improve the performance? Is it lots of work? Or is there a chance that you could try it?
    It depends, there should be programs which could perform this task, but i´m not aware of such a (free) utility for blender. And most tools iirc were also not for free. And even with such tools you can expect always good result. But while working on the cannon below i saw that the standard cannon has in game ~3000 poly.

But if you got the chance and the motivation have a look for some cannons
    not finished so far (i have to change the position of the cannon nodes and link another cannonier - will be fun, my first try), but small preview of a culverin model

@The_Coyote

for trying to create a cannon so fast. What kind of cannon is it? I've never seen anything like this before. I can image this cannon for example very well with the maya.

For the Germans I thought about something like this and this.

But go on. Fantastic work!!!!

@bernie14

Also fantastic work. Keep this units as it is. We will need exactly this one later. But we can't use it with the ancient Germans. There should be an - how did JF00 call it - "esthetic harmony". Here is a good example of modern units.

So your great archer will need another head for Germany. The head of the warrior. For Egypt it's perfect as it is. The same with the ancient spearman. So my idea was to take the body of the warrior and give him the spear of the spearman and because the spearman uses a shield to give him the animation of the pikeman. Can you do that?
    Geändert von Thomas Pi (23. Juni 2008 um 12:32 Uhr)

ab und zu mal hier Avatar von The_Coyote
    culverin = Feldschlange (say at least wiki),

the first pic imo looks too similar to the standard cannon, found your second pic while searching for a reference, but because of the four wheels i rejected it. Than i found this pic and used it as my reference

http://www.intermundus.de/site2.0/we...nmeisterei.htm

If you compare your second pic (Feldschlange) with my reference you will see (at least i hope) that they are of the same type

Okay. Well done. Never saw that type of cannon before. Good picture and good link because I can read the text. That's exactly the kind of weapon we need for the musketman. And it's very close to the cannon on the picture. Maybe we will need an improved skin. But don't care about it.

And yes the cannon in the first link is close to default cannon but I don't like the default one. But you are right we should care about the missing types first.

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte