Seite 4 von 20 ErsteErste 1234567814 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 46 bis 60 von 295

Thema: 90 - Kemet, das Land der ersten Hochkultur

Registrierter Benutzer
    Archer are nothing we have to worry about. In PB91 did we kill 75 Barbs (and a few animals) and no Archer.

Bild

We did kill 1 Player unit, the chariot.
    Archery is in the civforum-meta not a popular tech. Archers are not a good unit, Longbows (and Crossbows) are similar. If I have to research Archery for these units, I already lost the game. Horsearchers are perhaps somewhat underestimated, but not very popular.

Bild
    Angehängte Grafiken Angehängte Grafiken
    Achtung Spoiler:
    cIV-PB:
    PB88, PB89, PB91 , PB90, PB92, PB93; RB 72, RB 74
    ciV-PBEM:
    292, 293, 294, 295

Registrierter Benutzer
    Regarding your question when the archers will start to spawn:
    I am quite confident, that barb archers can only start spawning once a certain threshold is met with regards to Civs which did research archery (or whatever the english name of the technology, which enables archers).

Registrierter Benutzer
    Bild
    Bild

So here are two saves of the situation played out right before the second city. I tried to follow a maxim of maximizing F/H while keeping the Sailing date as fast as possible. There are two chops, one into the settler and Galley, and one into the second worker.
    Which one do you think is better Xist? I can't really decide

Also, the extra warrior will be helpful to fogbust, but will be costing us 1gpt in unit upkeep from the turn that the settler comes out. What do you think?
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von Ginger (22. April 2022 um 05:20 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer
    Do we need the second warrior finished ?
    We have the second KE in round 50 and ship should spawn since this round, or ?
    Could we built a worker for this turn ? Or did it mess this with the plan ?

I think, I prefer the variant with the faster worker, workersettler no growth. Especially because the second workboat will finished with the growth after that.
    Achtung Spoiler:
    cIV-PB:
    ciV-PBEM:
    292, 293, 294, 295

Registrierter Benutzer
    Zitat Zitat von xist10 Beitrag anzeigen
    Do we need the second warrior finished ?
    We have the second KE in round 50 and ship should spawn since this round, or ?
    Could we built a worker for this turn ? Or did it mess this with the plan ?

I think, I prefer the variant with the faster worker, workersettler no growth. Especially because the second workboat will finished with the growth after that.
    Yes, it's important to grow this turn as we hit size 3 and size 4 a turn earlier. It pays off vs the extra hammers in settler. If you want, we can delete the warrior after it is produced (it will start costing 1g maintenance after the Settler is whipped, but I thought it might be useful to fogbust). The hammers will decay anyways if we leave it in queue, might as well get a turn's growth and 3prod overflow into the workboat.

Well the second workboat does nothing but cost 1gpt maintenance until the second settle/third city (how do you guys count them out, do you include the capital?) So I'd like to delay it as long as hammers don't decay. I haven't figure it out yet because it depends which of the two variants we pick.
    My only concern is that there may not be a lot for the worker to before Pottery besides pre-chop. I was thinking to save maybe 3 forests for Oracle if you wanted to go that route. We could have it the turn Priesthood lands with 3 chops and whip overflow.

Maybe discard that though... there could be a better use for a faster worker by chopping the "saved" forests into settlers/workers for the islands? depends on what we find overseas.

Registrierter Benutzer
    I would use the workboat to explore.
    This seems to be a water map, so the +1 movement is a good bonus.
    Achtung Spoiler:
    cIV-PB:
    ciV-PBEM:
    292, 293, 294, 295

I would use the workboat to explore.
    This seems to be a water map, so the +1 movement is a good bonus.
    Weltumsegelung ist laut Regeln aus.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Das ist möglich ?

Okay, early workboat should still explore, but we don’t have a rush to sail stains the map.
    Achtung Spoiler:
    cIV-PB:
    ciV-PBEM:
    292, 293, 294, 295

Das ist möglich ?

Okay, early workboat should still explore, but we don’t have a rush to sail stains the map.
    Ramk kann alles.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Even U-Boot I hear...

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von klops
    Forget the Kraken and Cthulhu, fear the mighty Ramk

No idea what build order is best, but deleting a warrior feels wrong to me. You probably have no time for cheap fogbusters or citydefenders after sailing is done.
    But I am not a good player, so it might be worth it if you're 2 beakers short of an important tech.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Yes, if we can't build 1 round on a worker, we should keep the warrior
    Achtung Spoiler:
    cIV-PB:
    ciV-PBEM:
    292, 293, 294, 295

Registrierter Benutzer
    I used the flying camera trick, we're on a toroid, if this is unmodded BtS, the city distance maintenance is going to be insane on a toroid with deity. We will need courts and that means either skipping meditation or bulbing Philosophy before Astronomy.
    We also definitely need Astronomy on this map, flying camera shows an island to our southeast, and Galleons will be almost impossible to defend against.

I've scouted south with the workboat, I'm going to leave signs counting out the distance so I know when I need to turn back (it needs to net the fish at t41), so far no food sources spotted, although there is a nice river that provides irrigation if there's no food inland.

Registrierter Benutzer
    We should have a bigger map than the PB91. But if I use the Cost in the PB91, we had more than 2 per Turn of Distance cost in the city 2-3-3 of the Capital.
    We did research Law befor Currency.

River is good, but I think, the +1 if better than the possibility to build farms.
    Achtung Spoiler:
    cIV-PB:
    ciV-PBEM:
    292, 293, 294, 295

Registrierter Benutzer
    Yeah, after the galley ferries over the worker, we can send it and the second warrior/galley north to explore those lands.

I did some flying camera (Ctrl Alt F) to look around for hills and mountain ranges and it looks like the Northwest sealane is blocked by a mountain range traveling / SW to NE, perpendicular to the sea inlet we see.
    I also went scrying for nearby cities with a defensive unit (right click with a unit selected (to trigger movement) and hover over a square, if there is a city there, the fortification icon lights up blue). And there is a city to our southeast, 6 tiles away from where I placed the 5E1S sign.

Coupled with the even number of players and the setup of the continents, I believe we are on a tessellated pattern map that looks something like this
    __????__
    --------------\
    |---O---------\
    -\------- O----\
    ---\________

[ignore the hypens "-", they are just empty spaces so the post formats correctly]

Where the Os are islands and we are locked in a sea shaped like an eye with two pupils. The existance of the second island is confirmed not only by the warrior, but also by coastline visible in the fog near where our workboat ended the exploration. (Sea tiles near land are a different shade of blue and that bleeds over into neighboring ocean tiles)

It's possible that there is another opening to the north where the "?" is, maybe the arena we're in is shaped like a fidget spinner with three islands (though I couldn't find the third city when scanning with the warrior).

If this is true and we do have coastal connection, we should step up the priority on oracle, triremes will be huge. I propose stopping at three cities for fastest research times and going meditation instead of polytheism to gain a turn or so. It's tempting to delete the extra warrior too, but I think the knowledge from scouting/fogbusting is too valuable.

Another consideration is that if the map is shaped like I suspect, then we're never going to have peaceful relations with the other member of our little sea, and it will be worth sending a harassment party of loaded triers and triremes their way soon.

I'm going to go back to the simulation save and try to extend the planning since I currently don't have a map for what the new second worker is going to do.
    Geändert von Ginger (13. Mai 2022 um 00:16 Uhr)

Seite 4 von 20 ErsteErste 1234567814 ... LetzteLetzte