Ergebnis 1 bis 1 von 1

Thema: The Silmarillion

lol Avatar von Tehulotl

Civ2_Scn THE SILMARILLION

Download ModDB > coming march

This is my Silmarillion 2024 ToTPP v1.0 and it could probably need a dedicated testplayer.

My first Silmarillion attempt was in the year 2011, (my "Civ2 modding career" began 2009).

It was a Civ2 ToT scenario with Unlimited.exe, and I always thought it not REALLY playable (cause I never testplayed it) BUT fun to just watch and enjoy the landscape, the unit rosters, all of Beleriand to have a visual fun of Tolkiens work. To re-watch it today, was a kind of a shock, cause the landscape was FAR TOO HUGE - the Civ2 AI needs a good town grid for a proper working realm, with actual contact to yet another town grid of another realm to actually attack, and properly march on, if you spread it too much, it doesnt look good, and doesnt work. So, for my eye, my Silmarillion 2011 ToT looked kind of okay, but was far too huge.

My assumption is, that Civ2 is not really played anymore, and, all of these scenarios being made, like, Lua scenarios, or some other scenarios, are scarcely played by some other fanatics at best, and thats it. Lua scenarios for example are an interesting option, but to actually create Lua/gibberish/overcomplicated stuff is more a modders challenge than a gamers joy - it seems to be the case, at least for me, that a modder creates it for the ideas, the mods sake, the manifestation of idea and function and visuals, and NOT for the actual play. My Silmarillion 2024 ToTPP shall be simple, a fun play, and a visual joy to witness.

With two great done maps, Beleriand, and Underearth, with seven great done factions to play and their rosters - the Orcs of Morgoth, the Noldor, Nargothrond, Gondolin, Doriath, the Edain, the Dwarves, with heroes, monsters, beasts, a living world experience, and just, a fun play, and a very nice visual joy to witness Tolkiens works in a manifested, right in front of my eyes, beautiful landscape, beautiful towns and units.

To be honest, after this Amazon Prime Rings of Power desaster, where Celebrimbor looked like a 110 years old gay Hobbit, -all fine with gay Hobbits, and with the actor, you just dont cast him for a Celebrimbor! -, and where some woke amateurs wrote the sheer crap out of a hells sweaty asscrack - you know, if woke amateurs want to make feminism and agenda, yeah, have fun, but dont ruin beloved things like Star Wars or Tolkien for your petty little amateur nonsense, just create AN OWN saga to utter ruin it please - I just wanted to enjoy a Second Age visually overwhelming landscape, towns, people, plotline, all of that, but THAT, was a freakin abomination which REALLY INSULTED ME, that was utter bloody disgusting.

You know, a dwarven queen can be kind of darker - could be a dwarven princess of east of Rhun, an elven warrior can be kind of darker - could be a watchman who lived for 500 years in the sunny south. To merge the timeline into a parallele desaster, great idea, but cast, plot, fundamental concept, were just disgustingly, insultingly bad, a really bad written fan fiction, and that annoyed the crap out of me.
    I really just want to visually enjoy Tolkiens worlds! And since "The Silmarillion" is highly likely the best ever written fantasy novel, and since Beleriand is one of the most fantastic, heavenly, great done fantasy worlds ever, I wanted to feel the joy to watch a nice created Silmarillion / Beleriand / Tolkiens world, just, a sight to behold, and have joy and fun watching it, enjoying it, sucking it into my eyes and heart, and possibly, play it, with great realms, great rosters, great terrain, great maps.

It is my Silmarillion 2024 ToTPP scenario, just to relax, to enjoy, to witness, to perhaps play a little, explore, encounter, have fun! I dont want to visually or verbally spoil too much, you shall encounter the full joy of this sweet little Civ2 thing, and so, you wont see towns like Minas Tirith, or Gondolin, or, the full realms of Gondolin / Nargothrond / Doriath / the Dwarves, as a screenshot here (they all look really amazing! HEART), just this one, the very south of my map of Beleriand >>>

There, you can see, that "Estolad", the camp of the Edain, is a little bigger than mentioned in the novel - Tarastil for example, I created like an ancient twin of Umbar, just to have more fun. Terstolad as a huge fortress of the Edain within the huge forest "Taur-im-Duinath". Minatath as a crawling spot of evil to poison the lands from the south, so that you have a southern threat for the Edain and the Dwarves.

I read the books. I know the lore. I used some Tolkien and fan internet libraries to complete it, BUT - it is a GAME, and I used the freedom of art to enhance all to a proper town / realm / grid of fantasy, art and FUN!

It shall be just a sight to behold, to actually be able to SEE IT, manifested as a lovely landscape, with complete realms and powers, FUN unfolded, you actually dont need to play to just enjoy it - but you could!

Geändert von Tehulotl (11. März 2024 um 12:35 Uhr)