Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6

Thema: Colonization Facebook Group?

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Blake00

Colonization Facebook, Reddit & Discord Groups

(Apologies for using English)

Hey guys,

I've tried hunting a few times over the years for a Sid Meier's Colonization Facebook group as it seems wrong that such a great classic of a game doesn't have a proper presence on social media. Doesn't help that the word 'Colonization' brings up a gazillion other unrelated historical groups in the fb search box lol! I managed to find a couple of Civilization groups HERE and HERE but nothing for Colonization.

So in the end I decided to make my own as over the years I've created groups for other ageing classics like Starflight,  Master of Magic, and Freelancer which have been going quite well and have grown into nice little communities. You can find the new Col group here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/ColonizationGame/

If there are indeed some existing Colonization FB groups please let me know where they are so I can join. If there's some really big good ones out there that I've failed to find then I'll get rid of mine as they'll be no need for it!

Geändert von Blake00 (03. April 2020 um 14:05 Uhr)
    Blakes Sanctum:
    - Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
    - Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
    - MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
    - Emulation

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von SilverEngland
    Hello,

very nice. Perhaps you can collect there some or alle the mods around the game?
    Starting with TAC, RAR and werewolfes?

Zitat Zitat von SilverEngland Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello,

very nice. Perhaps you can collect there some or alle the mods around the game?
    Starting with TAC, RAR and werewolfes?

Thanks, yeah I definitely need to expand the group to cover more awesome Colonization related fan projects and mods (only covering FreeCol atm). I'm currently doing a big website and video series tribute to Col related games too so as I play each game abnd mod that will allow me to create some nice content for the FB page too.
    Blakes Sanctum:
    - Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
    - Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
    - Emulation

Well no one's come forward with other groups so I guess my fb group is the only one lol!

Oh well just as it annoyed me that Colonization had no presence on Facebook, I also decided it sucked that Colonization had no presence on Reddit either, so now I've made a group there too if anyone is interested lol!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ColonizationGame/

Geändert von Blake00 (22. Februar 2020 um 14:15 Uhr)
    Blakes Sanctum:
    - Emulation

Zitat Zitat von Blake00 Beitrag anzeigen
    I also decided it sucked that Colonization had no presence on Reddit either, so now I've made a group there too if anyone is interested lol!
    That's a good idea certainly.

Unfortunately I don't have anything to add to the conversation, but I wanted to say I do admire your dedication!

Zitat Zitat von Lord of the Civ Beitrag anzeigen
    That's a good idea certainly.

Unfortunately I don't have anything to add to the conversation, but I wanted to say I do admire your dedication!
    haha thanks mate.

Well to complete the trifecta of missing Colonization social media groups I have now just created a Sid Meier's Colonization Discord channel to go with the Reddit group and the Facebook group. There are dedicated sub chats for Col, Civ4Col, FreeCol & more! All are welcome!

https://discord.gg/CHcH75s

Blakes Sanctum:
    - Emulation