Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 87

Thema: Einladung zur Mafia-Meisterschaft

der Gesegnete Avatar von Thalionrog

Einladung zur Mafia-Meisterschaft

Die Seite Mafiauniverse veranstaltet demnächst eine Meisterschaft für Mafia und hat uns als Forum eingeladen, dort teilzunehmen und ein Mitglied hinzuschicken.
    Derzeit nehmen 135 verschiedene Seiten an der vierten Meisterschaft teil. Wie ihr weiter unten in der Originaleinladung seht, muss bereits recht kurzfristig feststehen ob wir überhaupt teilnehmen wollen. Falls sich also jemand berufen fühlt uns dort zu vertreten, genug Zeit und Lust hat und sich nicht von der englischen Sprache abhalten lässt, möge er sicht hier im Thread melden.
    Thingyman ist unser Ansprechpartner für das Forum. Falls ihr ihn anschreibt, denkt bitte daran auf Englisch zu schreiben.

Zitat Zitat von Thingyman
    INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 4)

Hello everyone!

I would very much like to invite your community to take part in Season 4 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual online tournament series that pits representatives from various forum Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and become their “Champion”.

Season 1 ran in 2013-2014, while Season 2 and Season 3 ran in 2015 and 2016, respectively. As of Season 3, a total of 160 communities have been represented in the Mafia Championship, making it the largest cross-forum event on the Internet.

I hope that all this sounds very exciting to you guys

1. Do you accept the invite?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to me before April 13 to ensure yourselves a spot. If you need more time than this to think about whether you wish to participate, let me know and I can extend the deadline.

If you agree to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 22. If this is too soon for you, again, just let me know

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
    • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
    • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
    • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.
    • Your representative should be able to play in English.

2. Season 4 Format

The tournament structure
    • 135 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
    • 9 Qualifying Games will be played consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. 1 player will advance directly to the Finale Game from each Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. I.e. 9 of the 15 finalists will be found this way.
    • A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 3 will along with me discuss and vote to determine a group of 30 wildcard players who will play in 2 Semi Final Wildcard Games. From each of these two games, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game.
    • The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall hold the title of Season 4 Champion.

The setup

MOUNTAINOUS:
    12 Vanilla Townies (regular villagers)
    3 Mafia Goons (regular werewolves)

We’re going back to basics for Season 4. Each season we’re changing it up, and for this season it’s finally time to play without any power roles or abilities at all. Pure mafia. You have only yourself and your reading/bluffing abilities to count on.

Relevant mechanics info
    • Day start.
    • Deadline Lynch w/ Option for Majority starting Day 2. I.e. when day timer runs out, person with most votes will be lynched. However, day can also be ended early (starting Day 2) if there is ever a majority of votes on one person.
    • If there is a tied lynch, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.
    • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize them into games with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    • Thread is locked during Night Phases.

3. Season 4 Timeline

The first Qualifying Game is currently set to start April 24th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

Kind regards,
    Thingyman

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Skype (thingyman) or Discord (Thingyman#6075)

Registrierter Benutzer
    Thank you for posting this, Thalionrog

I'll be following along, so if you have any questions, just shoot and I'll answer

Puhuhu Avatar von Slaan
    Hey Thingyman, welcome to our community .

Sounds interesting in general, we participated in a different 'Mafia World Championship' recently, which however was in German (makes me wonder about the 'world' part of this championship ). Anyway I have a couple of questions for you:

- When can we (roughly) expect our qualifier to take place? I don't have any time until mid May but after that I'd be up for it
    - If I understand correctly there are no 'special' roles like a Seer/Witch in WW? (Don't know the english/mafia equivalents )
    - Communication between Mafia members: Is it generally allowed or only during the night?

|學而不思則罔,思而不學則殆。 ~ 孔子|
    | Lernen ohne zu denken ist sinnlos, denken ohne zu lernen gefährlich. ~ Kong Zi |

| During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act ~ George Orwell |

SdM Dez16 - XCOM2 Make Humanity Great again

Puhuhu Avatar von Slaan
    I PM'd Thingyman my above post and this is his response:

Zitat Zitat von Thingyman
    Hi Slaan

Haha, yeah, I learned about that German championship from Thalionrog. As it turns out, it's actually organized by a community shortly after they participated for the first time in our championship last year, so I guess they got the idea from there - and a great idea it is, I think, to get some German communities together like that

After mid May would be fine. Basically, there are 9 different qualifiers, and the rep would play in just one of these. They start from between late April to late June'ish. So if you have time after mid May, you'd definitely be good.

To your second question, that is correct. No special roles at all. We've done that all the previous years, but we like to change it up each season so as to not give the same communities an advantage each year by playing something they're used to

The last part technically hasn't been decided yet, actually. I think we may just decide to let the representatives take a general vote on this. 24/7 communication is more fun, but only night communication might make the setup more balanced, not sure.

If you have more questions, you can always contact me
    Sooooo, is anyone else interested in participating for our forum? I'm happy to throw my hat in the ring for starters and everyone else is welcomed to do the same, I think/hope we can all agree on one participant before the 22nd of april though I suppose we can request an extention if we require more time - personally I won't have time before roughly mid-may.

I'll also send out a PN to all our regular WW players, would be nice for everyone to respond
    |學而不思則罔,思而不學則殆。 ~ 孔子|
    | Lernen ohne zu denken ist sinnlos, denken ohne zu lernen gefährlich. ~ Kong Zi |

| During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act ~ George Orwell |

Puhuhu Avatar von Slaan
    PN die an alle Mitglieder der WW Infoliste rausging:

Die internationale Mafia (WW) Community ist irgendwie auf unser Forum aufmerksam geworden - vermutlich durch die High Stakes Runden die wir regelmäßig durchziehen - und durch das durchgehend hohe Niveau das in unseren Spielen vorhanden ist. Jedenfall möchten Sie, dass wir bei ihrer nächsten Weltmeisterschaft mitmachen! Und das ist ne richtige Weltmeisterschaft mit Communities von aller Welt, nicht so ne Semi-Deutsche Meisterschaft bei der man Kaffee trinkt und sich nicht anstrengen braucht (@Kendo @AiC )

Vorraussetzung: Englisch Kenntnisse! Denn das Spiel wird in jener Sprache statt finden... außerdem ist Aktivität wichtig, es werden mind. 10 Posts pro Tag erwartet (und wohl, dass man an den ersten Tagen 500+ Posts liest). Es wird auch keine Sonderrollen geben.... mehr Infos gibts im entsprechendem Thread: https://www.civforum.de/showthread.p...=1#post7570437

Ich werf schonmal meinen Hut in die Arena, hoffe aber, dass sich noch mehr potentielle Interessenten finden. Der Zeitpunkt der Quali Runde ist sehr flexibel (ich hab für mich ein 'nach mitte Mai' angefragt und es würde passen, es wäre insgesamt wohl für ca ne Woche innerhalb May-End Juni sehr intensiv für die Kandidaten), daher könnte es was für alle von uns sein! Es wird auch noch um einen Notfallkandidaten gebeten, sollte die Person unserer Wahl am Ende doch kurzfristig verhindert sein.... ich würde diese Position (für Termine nach Mitte Mai) auch gern für alle anderne Kandidaten unseres Forums übernehmen sollte ich nicht der primäre Kandidat sein .

Also! Wer interesse hat sein WW Geschick im internatinalem Rahmen zu präsentieren möge sich bitte im Mafia Meisterschaftsthread melden um seine Kandidatur anzumelden, wir würden dann wohl in ca einer Woche eine Umfrage zwischen allen Kandidaten starten um unseren Repräsentanten zu ermittel.

Macht mit! Wird Zeit der Welt die Power des Civforums zu demonstrieren

Macht mit, meldet euch!

€dit: Kleinere Fehler waren in der PN
    Geändert von Slaan (13. April 2017 um 09:27 Uhr)
    |學而不思則罔,思而不學則殆。 ~ 孔子|

Puhuhu Avatar von Slaan
    Wer nicht mitmachen kann (aus welchen Gründen auch immer), kann dennoch am Auswahlverfahren teilnehmen, damit wir sicher stellen, dass der beste Kandidat unseres Forums in den Ring geworfen wird! Bleibt also am Ball, auch wenn ihr selbst nicht teilnehmen könnt/wollt
    |學而不思則罔,思而不學則殆。 ~ 孔子|

Admiral Toaster Avatar von JimmyderLegion
    Trendstadt Duisburg, Perle des Ruhrgebiets
    Sorry, bin raus. Arbeit und Privatleben lassen momentan nicht mal Platz für halbwegs vernünftige Kaffeeklatschrunden wie hier
    Battlestar Galactica - Das Forenspiel
    X (beendet) | XI (beendet) | XII (beendet) | XIII (gestartet)

Twilight Imperium - Das Forenspiel
    I (gestartet)

Kampfhamster Avatar von BruderJakob
    Zitat Zitat von JimmyderLegion Beitrag anzeigen
    Sorry, bin raus. Arbeit und Privatleben lassen momentan nicht mal Platz für halbwegs vernünftige Kaffeeklatschrunden wie hier
    Zitat Zitat von Brabrax Beitrag anzeigen
    In Forenspielen ist "Systeme nicht verstehen" Volkssport.

Zitat Zitat von Slaan Beitrag anzeigen
    Wer nicht mitmachen kann (aus welchen Gründen auch immer), kann dennoch am Auswahlverfahren teilnehmen, damit wir sicher stellen, dass der beste Kandidat unseres Forums in den Ring geworfen wird! Bleibt also am Ball, auch wenn ihr selbst nicht teilnehmen könnt/wollt
    mach einfach du und Ruh

unbeugsam Avatar von Theages
    Hätte Zeit aber trau meinem Englisch nicht... Würde mit Slaan jedenfalls d'accord gehen.
    Laufende Story:

[Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization] Alle Zivilisationen by Theages - ein Versuch den historischen Sieg mit jeder im Spiel verfügbaren Civ zu schaffen

Forenquösi Avatar von Austra
    Also, Slaan, du bist scheinbar eh schon Feuer und Flamme dafür. Meine Stimme hättest du.

Kann auch nur schwer im Vorhinein sagen wann ich in den nächsten Monaten Zeit dafür hätte. Die 500+ Beiträge verunsichern mich ein wenig und mit englischem WW habe ich kaum Erfahrung. Als stiller Beobachter und Daumendrücker bin ich natürlich dabei.
    Zitat Zitat von Kendogan Beitrag anzeigen
    Wer Pokémon für ein Kinderthema hält, hat halt einfach keine Ahnung wovon er spricht :sz:

Zurück im Norden
    Dito. Slaan wäre sicher eine gute Wahl.

Zurück im Norden
    Wir könnten aber auch ein Team aus AiC und Darzurmir schicken, wobei jeder abwechselnd einen Tag mitdiskutiert. Das würde bestimmt alle Gegner verwirren

Für mehr Klink im ***** Avatar von Gulaschkanone
    Pro Slaan. Bei mir kommt die BA leider. Darfst du bei denen detailierter berichten als bei der deutschen?
    Zitat Zitat von Nahoïmi Beitrag anzeigen
    Einheit, Einheit, gib mir meine Minghan wieder :p

Mehrfacher Gewinner einer DET-Runde und Sieger der Herzen(2/7)

Vom Kurfürst, über Admiral, Jarl, Botschafter und König zum Papst-ein Leben im Civforum.

ausgetreten
    Gast
    Für mich ist klar, dass Slaan geht und das Ding nach Hause geholt!

Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... LetzteLetzte